[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ANCHOVIES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Hey /ck,
I've never eaten anchovies and I want to, but I don't want to risk ruining a pizza if I don't like it. What do anchovies taste like? Are they similar to anything?
>>
Put a small piece of anchovie on one bite of pizza and try it, Einstein.
>>
most people hate anchovies

it is definitely an acquired taste. think smoked oysters out of a can with a lot more salt.
>>
>>7444762
Ubij se cigane, inćuni su bolji od srdela.
>>
>>7444762
Do this, cut a fucking slice. Put a slice on a small piece. Its not going to contaminate the whole piece. Now fucking taste it and see if you like it you piss baby
>>
Salt and oil.
>>
>>7444762
This >>7446912
Salty, oily, and I'd say a bit fishy.
And I love it :-)

Think perhaps of a concentrated soja sauce that wouldn't vanish at cooking ?
>>
>>7444762
anchovies are easy to remove, just get pizza and tell them to put acnovies on one side
>>
>>7450074
For christsake, never do this. They come wet and lukewarm. They really need to be cooked with the pizza to let the oil wick and match the texture of the pizza.
>>
>>7444762
>Everyone on TV/movies/books claim that Anchovies are ultra gross or awesome as shit
>Order a Anchovie pizza to try it out

It actually wasn't bad at all, just a fish taste really hard on the salt. I felt kinda relieved and disappointed that all these years THIS is what everyone shit on.
>>
Fucking delicious. Try them, or you're missing out. I like to mix them into cream cheese on toast.
>>
>>7444762
I don't get the hype. Had anchovie pizza as kid when I had a shitty palate just because the Ninja turtles liked it. It was neither good nor bad. Just salty.
>>
tastes like vag

if you don't like chovy on your za you're a failure and certified cuck
>>
I love anchovies on a pizza, but the taste is very stong if you have them like the pic OP.

Try brushing anchovie paste on your pizza dough before saucing. Makes the flavour way more subtle.

Also, if you've ever eaten a proper caesar salad dressing you've had anchovies.
>>
>what do you want on your pizza
>NO ANCHOVIES :DDD
>>
>>7444762
they taste like salt, super concentrated salt. just put it on one slice, i had the same urge once
>>
>>7450251
>liking the taste of vagina
faggot detected
>>
It's just overwhelmingly salty, so much so that the fishy aspect is more of a background note. It makes zero sense to me to put something so salty on its own onto one of the saltiest foods. It just feels bad in the mouth and in the body, and makes me fear an impending goiter. The type of person who would eat anchovies pizza probably also overworks their pancreas every single day.
>>
I had an anchovy for the first time a few days ago.

I ate one whole fish on its own. At first of was a bit salty, then I got hit with the strongest punch of fish taste and then more salt

Wasn't good on its own, probably ok with other stuff
>>
>>7450620

When you eat it on a pizza the idea is just to take a little nibble's worth of anchovy for a full bite of pizza (or more if you've grown accustomed to the taste, and are a drunk and a smoker).

It should be thought of more as a seasoning, rather than a topping you might enjoy on its own.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.