[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you make for lunch at work? I have plenty of shit I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: sandwich.jpg (78 KB, 560x415) Image search: [Google]
sandwich.jpg
78 KB, 560x415
What do you make for lunch at work?

I have plenty of shit I can make while at home, but there's not a lot I make and enjoy that I can take with me somewhere, other than leftovers. Every sandwich I make tastes like crap for some reason or other.
>>
>>7442281
>Every sandwich I make tastes like crap for some reason or other.

Keep the "wet" components away from the dry components and assemble it when you eat it. Also keep it cool.

The other sensible option is some form of salad; leaves, some veg and something like some chicken or tuna to add protein.
>>
I usually have a hearty breakfast and go the working day without eating. I do manual labor (not intensive), and it works out fine.

I used to just bring a few raw vegetables and maybe a bread roll or something to tide me over, but I find I don't need it anymore.
>>
I usually make a batch of soup or chilli and bring a thermos, that with an apple or banana, protein bar, and rice crackers or figs.

It's a lot, but I have a manual labor job.

Anyone got good soup/stew recipes that I can bring in my thermos?
>>
File: 1455400858433.jpg (43 KB, 466x492) Image search: [Google]
1455400858433.jpg
43 KB, 466x492
>working
>>
my office has a cafeteria and the food is based

feel bad for you plebs who have to bring a sad packed lunch
>>
>>7442323
>my office has a cafeteria and the food is based
Same. And everything is $5.
>>
>>7442323
My work has a subway and a cafeteria that sells lukewarm sausage rolls, so I'd rather just make my own slop.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
My work has cafeteria. Pics related. There is also a salad bar, pasta bar, sandwich station,and a big list of panini/hoagie items like reuben, Cuban, cheese steak, meatball, etc. And always pizza and stromboli. Company pays for it because it is too time consuming and expensive to leave the office

1/3 they call this the Thanksgiving. Turkey slices wrapped around stuffing with turkey gravy and two sides from next pic
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
>>7442546
These are mostly Italian themed. Lots of caprese theme to it.
>>
>>7442546
is this all free for the workers?

do a lot of people gain weight where you work?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
>>7442546
Can't forget the obligatory 'za. I think it's state law that if you have a food serving permit you have to offer slices. Otherwise little Paulie and Benny take to that warehouse in Patterson and shoot nails through your balls.
>>
>>7442546
>>7442553
>>7442569
The only place I worked with a cafe was HP, and I admit I do miss it. But...

>>7442555
>do a lot of people gain weight where you work?

Yes. I and a co-worker both put on about 10lb while we worked there; the stupidly cheap large self-serve soft drinks and chip-shop Friday's didn't help.
>>
>>7442555
It's weird. Only 3 fatties in the building, but it's mostly pharma companies, investment brokers and shit like that. There's a free gym too and is packed all day. Kind of a shame, most of that food gets tossed because everyone eats salad anyways. As for price, $7 for entrees and few bucks for everything else.
>>
>>7442323
Have fun paying $7 for a quesadilla
>>
I work at Taco Bell. What I usually eat is a variation of the cantina salad. I get it with no rice, no black beans, no guacamole, extra romaine lettuce, and sub one scoop of chicken for shredded chicken. If you order it like that it'll be exactly the same ad I make mine. Pretty good.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.