[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /ck/ If I'm buying chicken in bulk and it comes down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1455770369803.jpg (24 KB, 315x404) Image search: [Google]
1455770369803.jpg
24 KB, 315x404
Hello /ck/

If I'm buying chicken in bulk and it comes down to Supermarket vs local butcher, who wins?
>>
>>7438126
Depends on both your supermarket and your butcher, anon.

Sometimes one is cheaper, sometimes it's the other. Call them both and find out.
>>
Please kill yourself
>>
File: enhanced-buzz-1381-1371742191-7.jpg (116 KB, 625x409) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-buzz-1381-1371742191-7.jpg
116 KB, 625x409
If you let the butcher fuck you, you'll get his meat for free
>>
>>7438131
In terms of price its easy to distinguish. For now my main debate has been buying from the website "musclefood" which is £28 min for 5kg of guaranteed good quality chicken breast, vs my butcher which is 8 pounds cheaper. My main source of concern is that I really dont know if I'm getting "good cuts" from my butcher. I'm not big into food and mainly eat chicken cause I'm trying to get /fit/.
>>
>>7438138

So call your butcher and ask where their chickens come from.
>>
>>7438141
how do I make the perfect cup of coffee
>>
>>7438138
Your butcher will always be of better quality than elsewhere and I personally have doubts about Musclefood. I bake mine one 2.5kg bag at a time and the baking tray is always a puddle so they obviously inject their breasts with water and so you are getting much less actual meat when they are cooked.
>>
File: image_17.jpg (80 KB, 640x539) Image search: [Google]
image_17.jpg
80 KB, 640x539
>>7438136
>this
>>
My local butcher is halal, so I go for the supermarket stuff. Costco are great for chicken in bulk. Just freeze it.
>>
>>7438138
>5kg of guaranteed good quality chicken breast
My housemate bought a load of that shite in a black friday deal, the meat looks nasty as fuck and it's way overpriced.

Like marketing 'gaming laptops', marketing 'high protein' meat is just a way to charge more.
>>
>>7438126
Obviously your local butcher if his meat is cheaper. And even if it's not but you can afford it, still your local butcher.
>>
>>7438202
What's wrong with halal lad?
>>
>>7438250

My ancestors were slaughtered/enslaved/forcibly converted by Muslims and I feel uncomfortable supporting their religious practices and animal cruelty.
>>
>>7438250
Very slow and painful death for the animal
>>
>>7439028

It's a hell of a lot faster than a natural death would be. Having the throat slit may not be as fast as a bullet to the brain, but it's sure as fuck not what I'd call "very slow".
>>
>>7439042
You lose consciousness well before you actually die, so a throat slit is less of a long painful process.

Natural death is long and a slow decline from aches and pains to complete internal failure
>>
>>7438138
Wouldn't trust musclefood. Guy who runs it seems dodgy as shit - used to sell a penis enlargement device.
>>
>>7438138
>get /fit/
>with chicken
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.