[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: /ck/ science
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
In this thread we post quixotic beliefs that 4chan "scientists" have taught us. For instance:
>Water is a chemical
>Water is harmless
>Therefore, all chemicals are harmless and no one food can truthfully be said to be any more or less harmful to the human body in massive, hambeast-tier quantites than any other food
or:
>GMO is a modern agricultural technology
>Nitrogen-based fertilizers are a modern agricultural technology
>Much of commercial agriculture today uses nitrogen-based fertilizers
>Therefore, all food eaten today is GMO even when it's not
We have many advanced 4chan scientists and I invite you to post your own very special scientific findings.
>>
>>7430702
Why are there so many natural food industry shills on tonight?
>>
>>7430702
The thread you got butthurt in is still active. Why don't you keep your tantrums there?
>>
>>7430773
I have no idea who you think I am, but whoever it is, I'm not him

But I probably agree with him, so there's that
>>
File: .png (668 KB, 844x473) Image search: [Google]
.png
668 KB, 844x473
>>7430778
>>
>>7430790
Bump
>>
File: approval-cat.gif (116 KB, 206x206) Image search: [Google]
approval-cat.gif
116 KB, 206x206
>>7430702
>>Nitrogen-based fertilizers are a modern agricultural technology
>>
is there any art of veggie tales characters that compares genetically modifying crops to eugenics
>>
>>7430702
I can tell you don't do a lot of critical thinking. Or any, judging by this. Fucking moron.
>>
Why did you even make this thread?
>>
Some real nice strawmanning you have done OP

No one has ever said all things that are chemicals are good, they whole water is a chemical thing is pointing out how ridiculous the fact that the organic natural food lobby has convinced so many uneducated people to buy their stuff because 'chemicals are bad'
>>
>>7430702
Just because you personally don't understand it doesn't mean the science is wrong.
>>
>>7430702

>hippie gets mad about being BTFO in the other thread
>creates new thread full of straw man arguments no one said ever

only someone as stupid as you could come up with shit like that, OP.
>>
>>7431512
Just because you personally feel your HFCS filled artificially colored shitfood is acceptable doesn't mean defending its manufacturer is defending science
>>
>>7431801
that's just one step away from "bloodmouth carnist food, shitlord"

why are you talking about artificial flavours and colours? who is defending food manufacturers? do you have any sort of reading comprehension at all?
>>
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 259x193) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 259x193
>>7431818
>I don't like food that is full of chemicals
>HURR water is a chemical u retard LMAO soccer moms dihydrogen monoxide!

>ok, what I mean is I don't like highly processed food
>slicing an apple is processing it, there is literally nothing wrong with processing, DHMO lol!

>ok what I'm trying to say here is, artificial chemicals are unappetizing to me
>what do you mean artificial, norman borlaug the wheat LMAO u are anti vaxxer! I eat fifty bags of little debbie snack cakes a day and I feel fine!

At some point you're going to have to admit you either (a) have no standards at all and the only thing you enjoy in life is being a pedant, or (b) you're an actual shill for kraft or whatever
>>
>>7431832
>he doesn't know /ck/ is for discussing fast food
first day on this board?
>>
>>7430702
I've got that exact knife.
It's great.
>>
/ck/ taught me chefs will find it rude if I salt and pepper their dishes without trying them first
>>
>>7431832

good job acknowledging all those cogent counterarguments but trying to make them look unreasonable by typing them in the manner of an idiot. really strengthens your position.
>>
>>7431872

I don't have to try to make them "look" unreasonable when they already are
>>
>>7430719
I'm legitimately shocked if you honestly believe that the shills come from the "natural food" side
90% of the shills on /ck/ are busy spouting fallacious arguments about how GMO crops are "just definitely I swear to god okay" (and making sure that no other actual discussion occurs) and defending bread like a crusader on a holy war.
>>
>>7431877

...s why did you?
>>
>>7431968
Because bread and GMO's have been around longer than you have, dipshit.
>>
>some people want to lose weight to become more healthy
>vegans find it easy to lose weight
>therefore a vegan diet is healthy
Any argument which also works for using meth and cutting your leg off is not a good argument.

>some health problems are correlated with having too many free radicals, i.e. unusually reactive compounds
>antioxidants bond to free radicals
>therefore, regardless of what other things antioxidants bond to, and regardless of all experimental evidence, antioxidants are good for you

>someone never eats any vegetables
>starts an organic diet and feels healthier
>therefore organic vegetables are better than other vegetables
>>
>>7431832
I don't know if you're brain dead or just autistic but I said nothing along the lines of what you're green texting.

or are so dumb that you think everyone who isn't you on this thread is the same person?
>>
>>7431872
they haven't acknowledged or addressed anything. it's like they read what is written then create an entirely new straw man loosely based off of what others, presumably, have said.

I think they believe everyone who doesn't agree with them shares the same consciousness or something.
>>
>>7431968
feel free to stop spouting fallacious arguments and back it up with evidence at any moment. I could link you the other thread but I'm pretty sure you were already involved in it which is why you're apparently so butthurt in this thread already despite you not allowing any real discussion due to your autistic tantrums and inventing arguments for the other side.
>>
>>7430702
Bump
>>
>>7434127

Quit bumping this garbage.
>>
...don't half of the people here actually belong on tumblr or something?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.