[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kolaches? I heard most niggas don't know what these are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: kol.jpg (31 KB, 354x236) Image search: [Google]
kol.jpg
31 KB, 354x236
Kolaches? I heard most niggas don't know what these are. I'll tell you what they are, it's the best thing to eat for breakfast.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolach
>>
I used to get them every single day, they're cheap and fucking delicious
>>
File: image.jpg (7 KB, 240x140) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7 KB, 240x140
>>7425126
You can get them at QuikTrip made fresh, not bad.
>>
File: rock.png (142 KB, 232x302) Image search: [Google]
rock.png
142 KB, 232x302
>>7425136
fuck yea you can take your pancakes and your donuts and your lucky charms and your soft boiled eggs, and your poptarts, shine em up real nice, turn them sum bitches sideways and stick em straight up your candy ass. KOLACHES MOTHERFUCKER
>>
The food is what I miss most about Texas (and, you know, the family and such).
Kolaches? Best.
Mexican food? Best.
Barbecue? Best.
>>
>>7425126
That literally doesn't tell me what they are.
>>
File: 1405808115083.gif (404 KB, 342x342) Image search: [Google]
1405808115083.gif
404 KB, 342x342
So it's a sausage roll.
>>
>>7425126
>posts a picture of klobasniky
>calls them kolaches

durr
>>
>>7425273
Are you future me? Because I was just about to write a fucking identical post.
>>
>>7425275
Technically a real kolache is a sweet pastry with fruit filling. But at least in Texas when people think of kolaches they are generally thinking of a slightly sweet roll with various savory fillings, sausage or ham and cheese being the most common.

Collates are fucking based btw.
>>
>>7425284
op's link says:
>A Kolach (plural kolache, also spelled kolace or kolacky /kəˈlɑːtʃi, -tʃki/,[1] from the Czech and Slovak plural koláče, sg. koláč) is a type of pastry that holds a dollop of fruit, rimmed by a puffy pillow of supple dough.

no sausage mentioned
>>
>>7425284
No, it's not just a sausage roll. The sausage kind are VERY popular, but originally they had fruit fillings, poppyseed filling, or farmer's cheese filling. I fucking LOVE poppyseed kolaches. Those are top tier. Apricot is also fucking awesome.
>>
>>7425273
Texas is the same size as like 5 states. That's like being proud of being a Californian.
>>
>>7425316
>Collates
Goddamned fucking autocorrect
>>
>>7425127
>>
looks like a shitty sausage roll.
as in the English kind, not a sausage in a bread roll.
>>
When I lived in Texas I ate a lot of kolaches from Shipley's, mostly the jalapeno and ham. Great hangover food...
>>
man those look mediocre, probably taste alright, but the pastry in the wikipedia article looks damn good
>>
>>7425326
if you are implying we are as annoying as califags ill shoot you right in the dick son

>no mention of spicy sausage cheese and jalepeno or boudin kolaches from Buckee's
>>
>>7425679
bucees is overpriced memery.
>muh clean bathrooms
>muh fudge

Why the FUCK is it so popular
>>
>>7425679
texan narcissism is twice as annoying and five times as common as any califag or NYCfag's "flyover" memeshitting, don't kid yourself.
>>
>>7426125
>califags actually believe this
>>
>>7425318
Ham and Swiss when I can get them, its just Swiss and shredded bacon
>>
>>7426125
Sounds like a californian trying to take heat off themselves
>>
>>7426125
>this is what C.U.C.S. actually believe
>>
File: hotdogbun1.jpg (34 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
hotdogbun1.jpg
34 KB, 500x332
Reminds me of Chinese hot dog buns. I used to love them as a kid but then the bakery started to use smaller and shittier sausages.
>>
File: Quagmire.png (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Quagmire.png
7 KB, 225x225
>>7425317
>>rimmed
>>
>>7425144
>Quicktrip

That's not a "real" kolache, honestly though kolaches are dank.
>>
File: 1352293272597s.jpg (4 KB, 250x191) Image search: [Google]
1352293272597s.jpg
4 KB, 250x191
>>7427077
>>
>>7426100
Because its the one road stop that you can look forward too, you communist pig!
>>
>>7425126
http://republic-kolache.com
This is what we have in D.C.
>>
>>7425126
http://www.kolachefactory.com/

This is what we have in Kansas City. Shit is so good.
>>
>>7427320
>http://www.kolachefactory.com/
The grating generic lack of commitment to high quality ingredients at midwestern food restaurants/bakeries like this grates me so hard. Its not that damn hard to buy a can of whole sour cherries, reduce them with sugar and herbs and make a better quality cherry pastry
>>
Fine, Universe, I'll go to the fucking kolach place. Before two weeks ago I'd never heard of the things buy I guess I'm never going to stop hearing about them until I go eat some now.
>>
>>7427836
The Universe must love you, kolache is great. The best ones are the savory ones like sausage, ham and cheese or boudain. What makes them so good is the bread is usually sweet, not as sweet as a donut but its sweetish. It goes so good with a savory filling.
>>
So it's a shitty version of the sausage roll.
>>
File: Really - Mark - Peep Show.jpg (14 KB, 270x271) Image search: [Google]
Really - Mark - Peep Show.jpg
14 KB, 270x271
>>7426385
>hot dog
>Sausage
>>
>>7428721
its actually an improved version stay mad you bitter faggot
>>
>>7425126

These look a hell of a lot better than sausage rolls. Now I must find them.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.