[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would /ck/ buy a rolling pin from Goodwill?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: rolling pin.jpg (334 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rolling pin.jpg
334 KB, 1920x1080
Would /ck/ buy a rolling pin from Goodwill?
>>
If it was a decent quality rolling pin for a low price, sure.
>>
I can't think what the intention of this thread is. I guess it could produce arguments about porous materials becoming riddled with bacteria, but that would be dumb.
>>
>>7421461
Bacteria? What the fuck are you rolling besides dough?
>>
>>7421466
>Bacteria? What the fuck are you rolling besides dough?

It's from Goodwill. Who knows what it has been used for.
>>
>>7421469
>>7421466
I now realize that I've actually given stuff to goodwill that I've put up my ass
>>
>>7421443
depends,
if the handle can unscrew and if it has smooth rolling, and matches the weight/length/diameter I want then yes. You can always spritz it in a little bleach water if you're scared. It's not like you're going to be eating anything you prepare with it uncooked anyways.
>>
File: 1418013547598.jpg (29 KB, 284x424) Image search: [Google]
1418013547598.jpg
29 KB, 284x424
I worked every position at Goodwill from donation attendant to manager for three years. Holy fuck I do not understand why anyone would buy anything food-related from there. Absolute fucking horrorshow.
>>
>>7422276
I gotta ask, why does Goodwill sell used underwear? Do they just have a policy to never turn away anything?
>>
>>7421443
Probably not, I'll never make my own pizza when I can just call Dominos
>>
>>7422276
only if you live in a big city with nasty bums touching everything and pissing in the corners. Appliances, nonstick pans, and knives are out of the questions because people never take care of them right or loose pieces. But stainless steel, enamelware, silver ware, utensils, kettles,cups and dishes, baking ware, and occasionally cast iron are all fine.
>>
File: 1412728827093.jpg (54 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
1412728827093.jpg
54 KB, 400x320
>>7422293
Goodwill's kinda like a franchise in that there's one umbrella company that oversees individual districts (for lack of a better term). The one I worked for just recently stopped selling any underwear that doesn't have retail tags on it, but they also stopped using county-approved cleaning methods for pillows and comforters, so go figure.

tl;dr - Depends on where you are.

>>7422304
Agreed. If you know anything about what you're buying you're good, whether it be cookware or not. It's just that the combination of the nature of donated goods combined with the people that Goodwill hires (me) lead to me seeing people make some fucked up purchases.
>>
>>7422271

>>Not sampling your raw cookie dough.
>>>Not eating all of your cookie dough.

Nigger wat.
>>
>>7421461
This. Thank you.
Before I pray this thread 404's
Let me say i would simply use the long cylindrical body of a vodka bottle (which brand I will not mention for marketing reasons. They wont use me as their advertiser). Also acts as a way for me to store my vodka eh?

Unitaskers. Shame on you. Jus' playin senpai.

Oh, sage this sheeeit.
>>
>>7422324
you can do that after you mix it but before you roll it. What would be the point of rolling it before you taste it if you'd have to put it back the bowl to correct it?
>>
>>7422313
>combined with the people that Goodwill hires (me)
What does this have to do with what people buy?
>>
File: 1440724135166.gif (126 KB, 410x480) Image search: [Google]
1440724135166.gif
126 KB, 410x480
There's a Salvation Army near me that sells used mattresses. Do people actually buy used mattresses?
>>
>>7422337
What I'm trying to get it is that the combination of employees who either don't know what they're doing or don't care and people who don't know what the fuck they're buying or how to use it has resulted in people breaking shit at best or getting seriously hurt at worst.
>>
>>7422339
they are usually not used, but new material for the mattress with used frames.
>>
>>7422351
can you clarify a little? I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean.
>>
>>7422276
I usually limit myself to ceramic, glass, and metal bakeware, but I needed a rolling pin on short notice.

Paid an extra dollar for the best one on the shelf ($3), and when I got home I pulled it apart and found some pretty good rust on the shaft. Sanded down all the parts and oiled it up, and it seems to work quite well.

But what kind of monster would make a rolling pin with a carbon steel shaft?
>>
>>7421443

Wood - No
Marble - It's in my kitchen right now.
>>
>>7422369
not that guy, but what they would do is take the metal frame and springs of a mattress and put new fabric and foam on it.
>>
>>7422392
oh that's pretty nice.
>>
>>7422347
fair enough.
>>
>>7422396
to clarify, I have no idea if that's what Salvation Army does, but it is a relatively common practice
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.