[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mg/ monster general:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 17
Why does it taste so good?

-----

What is a good alternative to Monster that has the same flavor but doesn't have 'energy' or make your brain melt?
>>
Normal people, like office workers and parents and shit, regularly consume loads of caffeine from coffee throughout the day. And yet they don't wear flame t-shirts or say that their beverage is making their "brain melt"
>>
>>7421408
It has zero carbs so it's good for me.
>>
Based Monster Rehab is only Monster
>>
>>7421413
I'm thinking of getting a SodaStream and buying this:

http://www.amazon.com/SodaStream-77011-Energy-Drink-SodaMix/dp/B002T0IHJ0

Monster Unleaded might be good too
>>
>>7421413
That's because they get no guarana, dude.
>>
I wish Ripper and Pipeline punch were easier to find in my area
>>
56g of sugar
I stopped drinking them after I found this out.
>>
Regular monster tastes like shit.
>>
File: 713MjZ-Hu4L._SX522_.jpg (46 KB, 522x272) Image search: [Google]
713MjZ-Hu4L._SX522_.jpg
46 KB, 522x272
>>7421531

6g of sugar in a rehab!

nothing more refreshing than one of these fuckers right when you wake up.
>>
I would imagine something like Fanta cotton candy might taste like monster.
>>
>>7421551
oh no its not Fanta its Faygo
>>
>>7421542
I often find the time of day that I have the least energy is when I first wake up. Ya twat.
>>
>>7421564

um, yes, hence the awesomeness of a monster rehab in the morning.

not much caffeine though, but it's crisp and cool and holds me over til i get to work at least. then i break out the redlines.
>>
>>7421462
>buy the syrup
>buy some cheap sparkling water from the store
>????
>profit
>>
>>7421542
>>7421531

check mate health fags
>>
my favorite activity is pounding a bunch of monsters alternating with vodka cranberries, snort a line (who am I kidding its a fucking pile), then bang a hooker in a public bathroom
>>
>>7421695
I usually drink this stuff when I get energy drinks, but I try not to get them too often so that there more potent when I need them.
>>
mmmm
>>
>>7421695

meh, don't taste as good. not a fan of the carbonation, either.
>>
>>7421750
once you get used to it without sugar it makes it hard to go back.
>>
Make your brain melt?
It's just a big can of soda with some extra junk.
>>
File: 1456550647450.jpg (106 KB, 736x856) Image search: [Google]
1456550647450.jpg
106 KB, 736x856
>>7421408
here in the south we just drink sweet tea.
>>
>>7421408
Monster has a really acidic burn to it that turns my stomach. Its quite disgusting. Rockstar and Red bull is a better product. I find Monster to be mixed inconsistently. Sometimes I'll feel fine drinking it, but a lot of times it will make me sick. I don't recommend Monster at all. I feel like this post must be some kind of marketing. Monster is the worst energy drink you can get. You can get a similar buzz from a 99 cent can of Arizona RX or get a much cleaner buzz from coffee which costs so much less. People who drink monster are rediculous faggots that are putting their health at risk because its worse than soda. If you keep drinking these multiple days in a row you get energy drink rages, and its quite dangerous. When I'm around anyone with a monster energy shirt or sticker on their truck I know they are just waiting to kill someone. Hopefully they kill themself. The marketers of this product should be destroyed with a tomahawk missile. I hate Monster Energy so goddamn much. It is a drink for poor people, racists, druggies, and the lowest scum of society. If Monster Energy was never sold again society would benefit greatly.
>>
>>7421942

I'm from Canadian Vancouver and I've been reading all the sweet tea recipes I can find and testing. Do anything special with yours?
>>
>>7421988
make the tea using the sun. that might be a problem for you mac (demarco)
>>
>>7421998

Nah, not in the spring and summer months. Will try it in may or june, thanks sempai.
>>
File: redlinextreme.jpg (67 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
redlinextreme.jpg
67 KB, 500x500
>>7421765

the carbonation is uncomfortable, senpai

used to drink those and the 0 cal rockstars all the time, but they're just not as enjoyable anymore.

don't really care about 6 grams of sugar, either. it's not that much.

still, monsters are hella weak energy drinks. pic related is what i take when i need an actual boost throughout the day.
>>
>>7421831
Part of the appeal and effectiveness of energy drinks is what people think they can do or how they make you feel. Sad, but true.
>>
>>7422021
Why not just get more sleep? Unless you're a trucker or have some other legitimate reason to be awake for more than 16 hours at a time.
>>
File: cumhat.jpg (3 KB, 201x226) Image search: [Google]
cumhat.jpg
3 KB, 201x226
>>7421977
haha alright friendo
>>
>>7422082

I get 8-9 hours a night. I'm on a calorie deficit right now and work out so I need all the hype I can get.

My sleep does kinda suck, though. I tend to wake up multiple times throughout the night, or wake up and can't go back to sleep until I have breakfast.
>>
Absolute Zero is the only good kind of Monster
>>
>>7421977
>racism
>bad
>>
it tastes like shit, just so much sugar and chems that trick your tastebuds so you think it tastes good but it doesn't. fucks your kidneys and liver real fast though...
>>
>>7422021
You might as well just snort some cocain and cut all the other unnacessary bullshit that comes with energy drinks
>>
>>7421408
>drinking energy drinks past the age of 15
Why.
>>
>>7421743

Best energy drink.
>>
>>7422850
Because some have had their metabolism fucked by the caffeine at a young age and don't like coffee.
>>
>>7421695
enjoy your cancer fag
>>
File: 1455764640856.jpg (36 KB, 645x960) Image search: [Google]
1455764640856.jpg
36 KB, 645x960
>>7421750
>>7421765
what does Monster Absolute Zero actually taste like?
>>
>>7423678
pretty much the same as the normal one
>>
>>7423678
I don't know what the fuck is going on here, but I feel like I need an adult.

Monster zero tastes like monster, but I find it has a very slight hint of aniseed. Its only very slight, but I don't like aniseed so I buy sugar free relentless instead.
>>
File: rossi.jpg (39 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
rossi.jpg
39 KB, 600x600
This is best

better then the rest
>>
File: 1456465001037.png (6 KB, 203x248) Image search: [Google]
1456465001037.png
6 KB, 203x248
>>7421942
That quote is fake
>>
File: photo[1].jpg (286 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
photo[1].jpg
286 KB, 960x1280
i cried when they stopped selling pic related at Big Lots for $1
>>
>>7424435
I remember when my friend was drunk and asked me to come pick him up, he wasn't feeling well so we stopped at a 7-11, he got one of those and drank it along with an entire loaf of wonder bread to try and sober up

it didnt work
>>
>>7424504
Probably did him more harm that the booze.
>>
Legitimately, After more then 3 of them a week, they start to taste like crap, 1 week later, a Monster tastes godly.
>>
is this thread full of americans which consider energy drink a good thing?

energy made me more harm than good over a period of time. i began to have nosebleed every evening because i drank 0,5l daily of this caffinated drink.

and honestly, when you develop your tongue a bit, they simply are way to sweet to be pleasurable.
>>
File: picrelated.jpg (171 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
picrelated.jpg
171 KB, 1200x900
>>7423678
check file name
>>
File: rip-it.jpg (17 KB, 260x193) Image search: [Google]
rip-it.jpg
17 KB, 260x193
pic related: Step aside, best sugar caffeine drink coming through, bitches...
>>
>>7424614
f bomb.
i use to drink the green NOS, but they changed the flavor.. it use to taste like really awesome mountain dew
>>
>>7424528
how does it give you a nosebleed every 6 o' BONG?
>>
File: 1456023651622.png (254 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1456023651622.png
254 KB, 400x600
>>7422021
Sweet Jesustittyfucking Christ, these things.
Storytime /ck/:

>Be me, highschool kid working at a gas station a few years ago
>Have a friend that works with me, K and a... coworker named Tony
>Just me and K when I start my shift, Tony's set to arrive an hour from now
>Slow af day
>K notices that the white Redlines are on clearance, 2 for $2
>She looks over at me with a mischievous smile
>Ohgodplsno.jpg
>Last time I saw this face she made me hold a spoonful of Szechuan Pepper in my mouth for a minute
>My tongue is shivering in preemptive agony
>"Hey Anon, if you drink two Redlines, I'll drink two with you as well"
>Why would I ever want to do that
>After a solid 30 minutes of mixed puppy dog eyes and 'What are you, scared?'s I cave
>We down both back-to-back
>Okay, not too bad
>Less than 30 seconds after we finish Tony walks in
>He clocks in, goes to stock cooler
>"Oh hey, Redlines are on sale!"
>>
File: Unlimited Bone Works.jpg (26 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Unlimited Bone Works.jpg
26 KB, 500x500
>>7424960

I should mention at this point that K had once stapled her hand for no reason other than Tony 'thinking' that she wouldn't do it.
He never even said she wouldn't, she just saw it in his eyes and slammed the stapler into her palm.

>"Hey K, I'll give you five dollars if you down three Re-"
>"DONE."
>Tony and K then stare at me
>If I cracked under K's pressure, I stood no chance against the two of them over the next 5 hours
>I haven't felt the first two kick in yet, I should be fine, right?
>Not a single customer has come by in the last 20 minutes
>Drink all three Redlines, there are shelves are now empty
>Still haven't felt it kick in yet
>Oh wait there it goes
>The INSTANT they all kick in, a boatload of Mexican construction workers come in the store
>None of them speak English
>Tony's the only one who speaks coherent Spanish, and he just went to the back to stock the cooler
>I am seeing fucking sounds
>I am hearing colors
>Have to checkout over twenty people with minimal English vocabulary
>Finally finish, business dies down again
>Tony comes back
>"Hey guys, guess what I found in the back!"

And that's the story of how I drank 7 Redlines in under an hour.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.