[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best brownie recipe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: Chocolatebrownie.jpg (3 MB, 3395x2848) Image search: [Google]
Chocolatebrownie.jpg
3 MB, 3395x2848
What's the best brownie recipe?
>>
>>7420480

I don't like brownies.

Except the ones the cafeteria at school served back in the late 60s... tough, dry... you'd have to GNAW on those fuckers to eat them... they were fantastic!

I don't like squishy brownies. I want a brownie that FIGHTS.
>>
W half house of magic butter
>>
are you 400 pounds?
>>
My mom makes the single best brownie in the history of brownies. I've never seen anyone eat one and not jizz right on the spot. Somehow she's managed to get the perfect consistency and the right amount of sweetness without being too rich. I'd share the recipe here but she won't even share it with me.
>>
File: bro.webm (797 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
bro.webm
797 KB, 480x360
I really like how fudgey bean brownies are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvCxuQdRQzM

I add a bit of flour anyway, or almond meal if I have some + some extra butter.

I don't put any toppings on it though, annoying to eat and it looks dumb.
>>
>>7420489
What are you like a hundred years old
>>
Ghiradeli (is that how you spell it Amerifats?) brownie mix is God-tier

I used to make a tray of those and sell them for £5 per slice at my school.

It was the one thing that gained me any popularity ;_;
>>
>>7420555
Is she aware of the ejaculatory effects of her baking ability?
>>
>>7420576
Yes but she never eats them herself. And I've never made a connection between the two until just now...
>>
>>7420556
>superfood
why are people so stupid
if so-called superfoods are so super, why would anyone eat anything else ever?
>>
>>7420480
>What's the best brownie recipe?
The Baker's Chocolate "one bowl brownie" recipe isn't bad at all! It involves melting the cubes and mixed in eggs, and is pretty near a flourless chocolate cake kind of richness (and easy).
>>
>>7420571
>£5 per slice
Why are you lying.
>>
>>7420599
Marketing.
>>
>>7420603
I went to private school and the slices were pretty big
>>
Brownie mix+weed=ayy lmao
>>
>>7420480
You just posted it.
>>
Alton Brown's Cocoa Brownie 2.0 is good for a fudgy consistency. Super rich.

His cocoa brownie 1.0 is my favorite with 1.5 cups roasted walnuts added in. They are both a bitter sweet very rich brownie. No one can finish a 2 inch brownie and not feel kinda sordid, but fuck they are good.
>>
>>7420480

1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla or 30ml of maple syrup
1 large eggs
1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 cup flour

Preheat oven to 350°.
Mix oil and sugar until well blended.
Add eggs and vanilla; stir just until blended.
Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
Stir dry ingredients into the oil/sugar mixture.
Pour into greased square pan.
Bake for 20 minutes
>>
>>7421125

A small amendment. If you love food like I do but are a total fag about calories, just like me, you can easily cut the oil and sugar by half the ingrediant and totally not affect the taste.

Also, 1/4 cup of diced walnuts if you have any
>>
>>7420480
>>
>>7420480
To make perfect brownies, you must start with perfect chocolate.

Boxed mixes by any company other than chocolatiers are right out.

>>7421165
Ghirardelli, on the other hand, is at a passable level of godly.

Brownies must never be overcooked, or the deeper chocolate flavor is lost.

You may 'pollute' brownies with any number of additives or "boosts" as long as the fudgy flavor and texture of brownies are not wrecked.

A few things can make brownies have a more interesting texture or fudgier flavor, such as peanut butter or walnuts. Upgrading one or the other is ideal; don't try to improve both at once or you wander too far away from the soul of the brownie.

Fruit is only acceptable when just as heady and rich as chocolate itself (Deep cherry is o.k.)

The perfect brownie must embody all the things YOU personally love about chocolate. That might include the melty texture, aftertaste, hard initial hit on the senses, or the way it plays well with other flavors. Fruit, nuts, even salt can be key components of your idea of perfect.

However, a brownie must never have a crust of any sort. Differing levels of doneness of the batter should create texture interest; graham cracker or dough of any type is a big minus.
>>
everytime i use more than one egg it fucks up the brownie and makes it into rubbery cake-like stuff
>>
>>7421165
this fucker knows what's up
>>
OP, I don;t ahve a recipe.

But I can tell you we use ghiradelli semi sweet chips as well as some bars of bittersweet, and our recipe uses less flour than others. And we leave a few chips to mix in. And we add a tiny bit of coffee. And we don't overcook them.

You get deeper flavor and you get denser.
>>
File: 1455520810316.gif (3 MB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
1455520810316.gif
3 MB, 220x220
>>7421188
Quality Post, Anon.
Are you /ck/ aincentfag like me?
Also, screencap'd.
>>
>>7421467
>I don;t ahve a recipe.
>our recipe uses less flour
hmm
>>
1/4 cup vegetable oil
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup mini chocolate chips/nuts whatever add in
In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, melted butter, sugar and vanilla. Whisk in the eggs until the mixture is combined.
In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing just until combined then stir in the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake the brownies for 25 to 30 minutes until they’re set in the middle.
Absolutely best brownie recipe, fudgy but not the wet type just perfect flavor not overly sweet. The secret is using both oil and melted butter to get the light but not greasy brownie.
>>
>>7420569

Beats the fuck out of being dead. Are you young? Your music SUCKS.
>>
>>7420480
I don't know but your pic related looks delicious. Any source on the recipe for that?
>>
>>7421165
Duncan Hines are better.

No joke.
>>
All I know is if there aren't chocolate chips/chunks in it, it can't be the GOAT
>>
>>7420555
>Won't even share it with you
Your moms a cunt.
>>
>>7420480
The brownie recipe from Thomas Keller's Ad Hoc at Home cookbook literally makes people feel like they've been drugged. He basically turns the sugar and butter into a vehicle for sneaking in amounts of cocoa that your body should reject for it's own safety.

It's fantastic.
>>
>>7422136
I will check it out, thanks anon

:^*
>>
>>7421870
fine, I'll get the recipe. I was trying to suggest tho the op that he find a recipe that talks about using less flour.

melt 4 oz unsweetened choc and 2 sticks butter.
add 2 cups sugar.
add 4 beaten eggs, 1 cup flour, 2 tsp vanilla and 1 bag choc chips (these are optional, but if you don;t then the brownies are kinda thin and obviously less chocolately)

spray 9x13 with some oil, and add batter and cook at 350 for about 25 minutes.
>>
File: brownies.jpg (513 KB, 2258x2310) Image search: [Google]
brownies.jpg
513 KB, 2258x2310
>>7422204
>>7422136

Here's the recipe
>>
>>7423114
Love it when Anons deliver.
>>
>>7420480

Ask /k/.
>>
>>7421165
I love making my own baked goods but i'll be damned if I don't stack up on these when they are on sale. SO GOOD and convenient.
>>
>>7421907
Zozzle
>>
>>7420480
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/10549/best-brownies/

This recipe is pretty based. I don't add extra salt as the salted butter is enough. Also I don't make the frosting because it's good on its own. They come out chewy. I'm thinking of doubling the recipe as they're a bit flat at times due to the small amount of batter this recipe yields.
>>
>>7421188
I always end up with a crust around the edges. How do I improve?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.