[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FAVORITE OIL/FAT?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: reading the title ya noob.jpg (44 KB, 400x548) Image search: [Google]
reading the title ya noob.jpg
44 KB, 400x548
Duck fat. I use it whenever I can. What do you use, anon?
>>
>>7418609
Baby oil
>>
File: shitniqqa.jpg (9 KB, 240x270) Image search: [Google]
shitniqqa.jpg
9 KB, 240x270
>>7418613
Oh, you!
>>
>>7418609
Butter, olive oil, safflower oil, bacon fat.
>>
>>7418630
In that order?
>>
Fuck yeeeeaaaah duck fat roasted potatoes with rosemary
>>
>>7418634
No particular order. Those are just the cooking fats I usually have in my kitchen.
>>
>>7418609
Bacon fat, olive oil, butter
>>
>>7418642
>>
ghee
>>
>>7418630
>>7418656
How do you get your bacon fat? How do you store it?
>>
>>7418659
¿ What is that ?
>>
>>7418661
something street poopers use
>>
>>7418661
Basically clarified butter that's been cooked a bit longer..
>>
>>7418660
I save it whenever I cook bacon. Pour it through some cheesecloth to filter out any little bits of bacon and dump it in a small jar then keep it in the fridge for whenever I want to use it.
>>
>>7418660
Cooking bacon. 4 strips of streaky bacon (cooked in the oven) every other day yields more than enough fat to sauté my meals. I don't need to store it, but if I did, I'd put it in a lidded container in the refrigerator. It would probably keep for months.
>>
>>7418671
I like to keep those little bacon bits in there. They're flavorful. I don't do any really high heat cooking with it, like deep frying though. I have noticed the bacon sediment sinks to the bottom, so one way or another you could probably isolate the bacony fat and filtered fat into two jars for different uses. The bacon bits fat is excellent for mayonnaise and vinaigrettes.
>>
>>7418609
Duck fat is definitely awesome, but my favorite is virgin coconut oil. Not only because I fucking love the flavor, especially in Asian dishes and some South American and Caribbean dishes, but also because it's good for my skin and hair, and twice a week I literally grease myself up from head to toe, everywhere, before bed. My skin and hair are fucking amazing.
>>
>>7418661
butter that has been simmered until all of the water is evaporated and butter solids have browned, then strained
>>
>>7418711
What does it taste of, compared to regular butter?
>>
File: 0000470_duck-fat_300.jpg (8 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
0000470_duck-fat_300.jpg
8 KB, 300x200
>>7418609
do people really use duck fat that comes from a glass jar like that? I'm not sure I would trust it. it's like getting meat from a jar

if you're not buying local you might as well just order your duck fat from ali baba
>>
File: IMG_20150612_085611.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150612_085611.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Bacon fat!
>>
>>7419731
It has a pretty obvious flavour. Hard to fake. Goose would be even harder to fake.
>>
>>7419720
More neutral than butter. It's easier to fry with it, not other reason to remove all the goodness.
>>
>>7419731
>getting meat from a jar

better than meat in the can, if you know what I mean
>>
>>7418701
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>7419720
less creamy brown butter
>>
>>7420165
What does this meme even mean
>>
>>7418609
No, I just use your mom.
>>
>>7418609
Mah nigga. Best thing ever to grace a potato.

Only goose fat is better.
>>
>>7421057
I've heard wild boar fat is the best
>>
Olive oil, butter, bacon fat, grapeseed oil, sesame oil. These are the ones I always have on hand and commonly use. I also always have coconut oil, but I don't use it regularly.

>>7418660
I render it, strain it and keep it in jars in the fridge.
>>
File: wedon'tknowwhatwedid.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wedon'tknowwhatwedid.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
been rendering my chicken fat down so I got chicken butter. hella dank for green beans. can't find anywhere that sells duck fat though. anyone know what beef tallow is good for?
>>
>>7421435
I've made bomb ass pot pies with tallow.
>>
Bought coconut oil on a whim 3 years ago, and promptly never used it. It's been sitting in my fridge since then. Would I still be able to use it? What dishes would it even be good with?
>>
>>7422407
My brother makes cornbread with coconut oil and it comes out very moist with the slightest hint of coconut
>>
>>7418609
My own.
>>
>>7422407
I would think that is pretty ok for anything like a thai dish that incorporates coconut milk
>>
>>7421039
> not using know your meme
Some fgt from England got excited on fit when a qt posted and this was what is left from his expressed desire for her too be geographically located close to his obvious virgin fat ass
>>
>>7422600
London is a city in Ontario dumbass

Britbongs don't go on /fit/ because it's illegal
>>
>>7418660
Cooking bacon, what else? Mason jars or washed small jam jars.
>>
File: coconut-oil.jpg (369 KB, 3300x2200) Image search: [Google]
coconut-oil.jpg
369 KB, 3300x2200
I've really liked using coconut oil lately. I like coconut flavor but I find that once it's cooked only a small amount of flavor might remain.

The best way to use it is when you roast vegetables. I scoop out coconut oil with my hands, rub it between my palms to melt it, then rub it all over the vegetables. Nothing gets soggy or greasy in the oil. It's great.
>>
>>7418609
Bacon Fat

I don't eat a whole lot of bacon myself, but I cook it for others more so. Usually cherrywood on a griddle, collect all the fat/grease in a tray, which goes into a lidded glass jar. Right now I think its an old Ragu jar. I don't bother straining it most the time, as their is a strain on the griddle that catches the bigger bits. Left in the fridge, it last a very long time, and I usually end up tossing the old ones as I accumulate more.

For oil, olive and sometimes chili when I can find it. or get motivated to make it. Again, I use olive oil and fresh chili peppers for this. The dried ones will of course burn a lot faster and doesn't really infuse. Not so bad with ghost chili peppers, as they are often smoked and the flavor from that transfers to the oil really well.
>>
>>7424790
Coco-oil makes the moistest brownies
>>
>>7422600
>her
>>
Sesame oil or olive oil
>>
I once masturbated with room temp goose fat while I was drunk
>>
The restaurant I work at, we use duck fat in our fryers. We don't use that Jared bullshit though, we utilize every part of our fresh local duck. Best fry food I've ever tasted.
>>
>>7425130
Can you actually tell a difference? What's your favorite part of the duck?
>>
Currently in my kitchen is regular olive oil, extra virgin olive oil, bacon fat, unsalted butter, homemade ghee, soybean oil, sesame oil, and garlic olive oil leftover from making garlic confit. They're all great for different things, but bacon fat is definitely my favourite to use.
>>
>>7427390
the duck penis
>>
>>7428895
Harhar
>>
>>7418656
Add canola oil and lard and this is me.

>>7418660
I'll cook a pound of bacon and pour it off about halfway through. If I'm cooking for BLTs where I want really crispy bacon obviously I get more than breakfast where I won't render as much fat out.
>>
>>7430198
Do you filter the bacon?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.