[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
macros
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 1350062388447.jpg (41 KB, 327x248) Image search: [Google]
1350062388447.jpg
41 KB, 327x248
cooking is, fundamentally, about macronutrient ratios, and how fats, carbs, and proteins go together.

i can think of plenty of examples of foods that we eat that are pure protein (chicken breast, for example), and plenty that are pure carbs (starches, cotton candy, soda), but what do we eat that is pure fat? the only thing i can think of is maybe fried pork rinds, but those have to have some sorta protein in them to maintain their shape, right?
>>
avocado is hella high in fat
>>
>>7418092
Oils.
>>
>>7418092
fuck i feel this picture so much. i'm like a calculator when i eat, and i get anxiety if like i feel like i might go overboard because some dish has a wide possible calorie range
>>
>>7418092
Oil butter margerine grease
>>
also, unless it's skinless, chicken is still pretty fatty. apart from protein isolates and egg whites, i can't think of much in the way of pure protein... even super lean meats usually have a bit of fat.
>>
>>7418092

>>7418093
>>7418117
these, and also nuts are pretty high in fat
>>
>>7418134

started this post with "also" cause i intended to quote and confirm this but somehow failed

>>7418117
>>
>>7418136

nuts and avocados still have carbs and protein, though.
>>
>>7418117
>>7418130
no one eats oil or grease plain, dumbfucks. i'm talking about a single food item that is pure fat, those are used as ingredients in food, or as toppings / condiments for other food items.

i have heard of people eating sticks of butter straight up, but i would think this is more of a pathological fatty behaviour than anything else.
>>
>>7418136
Avocado has a lot of monounsaturated fat which is supposedly good for you
>>
>>7418219

nothing.

there is nothing.

similarly with protein, apart from egg whites, there is nothing.
>>
Ciccioli, here in France it's called grattons and it's deep-fried fat. We stuff a kind of brioche with that, it's called a pompe aux grattons.
>>
>>7418219
That's because there is no food that anyone eats that is just pure fat.

Your question is retarded, stop getting all worked up when you get retarded answers.
>>
also,

>toppings for other food items

oil on pasta dumbass
>>
>>7418219
>pure fat
There's not a lot that even comes close. Just oils and nuts.
It's not like you need a lot of fucking fat in your diet anyways. Jesus.
>>
>>7418242

...nuts aren't pure fat
>>
>>7418092
Basic salad dressings, as vinigar has no nutritional value. Butter, when burre noisette sauce.
also chicken breast also has fat and carbs in, check it ;
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=chicken+breast
>>
>>7418219
Excepting its water content, chicken skin crisps are mostly fat at around 68% (71% raw). The other 32% is obviously protein.
Alternately, szalonna is a literal hunk of fat. There's very little protein in it as it is fat cut from a hog that's then cured, boiled, smoked and dried. Excepting its water content, szalonna is about 73% fat. It's often eaten on its own. Just grab a chunk or some slices of it and eat.
>>
>>7418230
quick googling shows it's (similar to?) what we'd call 'pork rinds' here in burgerland.

>>7418340
thanks, glad to see at least someone is making a helpful contribution.

>>7418228
>>7418232
>>7418242
blow it out your assholes, cockwads. you fuckstains are clearly full of shit, as evidenced by the above quoted posters, and farthermore you need to stop being so buttblasted about me asking a legitimately interesting, food-related question. i know it isn't your usual /ck/-level meme-tier 'hey guise look at my mcdonald's happy meal toy' horseshit, and that's why it pissed you off. just fuckoff and die.
>>
>>7418365

you're the only buttblasted person in this entire thread senpai
>>
>>7418219
>i have heard of people eating sticks of butter straight up, but i would think this is more of a pathological fatty behaviour than anything else.

Actually, the old Charles Atlas strength training guides you see being advertised in old comic books recommended you eat sticks of butter (although I have no idea if they advocate eating a whole stick in one day) to help put on weight.

Not saying it's a good idea, but, I could see someone trying it because they're young and their Grampa told them to in order to get big and strong.
>>
>>7418092

>we eat that are pure protein (chicken breast, for example)

Already fucked up.
>>
>>7418092

Salo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salo_%28food%29
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.