[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw non-dairy milk prices skyrocket to 4.50 per HALF GALLON
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: silk-v-milk-header.png (281 KB, 760x648) Image search: [Google]
silk-v-milk-header.png
281 KB, 760x648
>tfw non-dairy milk prices skyrocket to 4.50 per HALF GALLON
>tfw lactose-free based milk is even more expensive

it sucks being lactose intolerant.
>>
Maybe you should just drink something else? Maybe some gasoline?
>>
>>7415633
Why don't you just drink almond milk or something then.
>>
>>7415637
Have you ever tried to milk an almond?
>>
>>7415637
In Chicago any non-dairy (soy, almond, rice etc) product is the same price. Even off brands like Eight Continent is marginally cheaper.

In Ohio I was paying 2.50 for soymilk and it was wonderful
>>
>>7415639
I can milk my almonds pretty well don't know about you.
>>
Where?

I got two half gallons Diamond almond milk this morning at $3.29 each.
>>
File: 12870071.gif (2 MB, 320x362) Image search: [Google]
12870071.gif
2 MB, 320x362
>it sucks being nonwhite
>>
>>7415633
1 cup of almonds and 1 cup of water in a blender then filter out the almond meal
>>
>>7415643
>In Chicago
grill?
>>
Lucerne almond milk is $3 in the Bay Area. Seems fine to me?
>>
Also get some coupons for Silk if you buy that shit. There's always coupons for that brand.
>>
File: hemp milk.jpg (78 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
hemp milk.jpg
78 KB, 600x400
>>7415633
y'all need some hemp milk; delicious and won't give you gynecomastia
>>
Make horchata bro
>>
>>7415633
Gyno sucks worse. Soy is basically the bean of castration.
>>
File: fitdrink.jpg (448 KB, 945x1308) Image search: [Google]
fitdrink.jpg
448 KB, 945x1308
Rice, Hemp, Coconut, Soya and Sunflower Milk are all cheaper than cows milk when made at home for me. You must live in some Sudanese shit-hole or something OP.

Also drink other stuff if it's that much of a problem.
>>
>>7415633
lactose intolerant is just hype so you can do one of the fad "dairy free" diets
its not a real thing
>>
>>7415982
Stop spreading lies.
>>
>>7416274
>80% of planet earths population, and science are wrong, I'm right that it's a marketing conspiracy or jews or whatever mumbo jumbo I've decided today

Shitposts don't even try these days
>>
>>7416297
I don't think 80% of people are lactose intolerant.
>>
>>7416303
Luckily reality isn't dictated by what you think.
>>
I'm not lactose intolerant, but I do enjoy the taste many non-dairy milk products (unsweetened).
>>
>>7416305
It seems to be mostly other ethnicities that have problems, especially Asians. They should really try to evolve quicker. Only about 15-25% of America is lactose intolerant.
>>
>>7416349
That's not how evolution works. But even by that model Asians are widely purported to be the furthest evolved from the sub-african human epox. It's also mostly shown that lactose tolerant countries are genetically under developed in hunting and early civilization, suggesting that lactose tolerance occurred where people were too shit to create or find other sources of food.

You're the worst shitposter on the internet anon
>>
>>7415829
you wish
>>
>>7416353
What does ancient history have to do with anything? That is literally how it works. We've been drinking milk for a long time and most of the people who couldn't died off. That is evolution.
>>
why do you even need to drink milk substitutes? I never understood that, I'm lactose intolerant as well and I avoid the problem by not drinking milk/milk-like things.
>>
>>7416372
>What does ancient history have to do with anything? That is literally how it works. We've been drinking milk for a long time and most of the people who couldn't died off. That is evolution.
Now I know you're trolling.

We've only been drinking milk fairly recently, the data showing the spread of lactase genes correlating to the spread of agriculture, not to mention we're the only known mammal on the planet to be lactose tolerant after weaning.

And to answer your question, ancient history outlines the exact changes we accept as science and genetic study today, but more importantly it helps us know what we're talking about instead of making up bullshit and sounding like an idiot on the internet.
>>
>>7416393
I can't imagine why anybody would want to eat cereal, or yogurt, or ice cream, cottage cheese, or cheese at all, or rice pudding, or things made partly of milk like pancakes.

Worst of all, you get to be one of those sad people who makes hot chocolate out of water. And that's no way to live.
>>
>>7416408
Idk I think cereal is a worthless food, so I don't eat it. In theory lactose intolerant people can eat some varieties of yogurt because the bacterial process breaks down the lactose. I don't eat ice cream, rice pudding, and cottage cheese sounds disgusting (though I've never had it). If I really want to eat cheese or pancakes I have lactase pills for that.

If I reaaaaally want hot chocolate I just pour the powder into some coffee, so eh.
>>
>>7416425

Surely you realize that your preferences aren't typical, right?
>>
File: 1451438823073.webm (1 MB, 404x720) Image search: [Google]
1451438823073.webm
1 MB, 404x720
>>7416433
No, I mean I get where you're coming from. I hit enter way too early desu

I mostly meant buying milk just for drinking it, but if you're buying it to put into other things that makes more sense. It's like 5am lmao.
>>
Almonds in general skyrocket a shit ton due to the drought
>>
>>7415633
Make your own non dairy milk. I've made almond, rice, quinoa and cashew milk. Cashew is definitely the best.
>>
>>7416448
Pure bliss
>>
>>7415672
I'm all white and milk makes me shit brown water. I don't know wtf op is on about though, soy milk is cheap.
>>
>>7416349
more like 60 to 70% of america is lactose intolerant. Most people never make the connection that milk upsets them and take antacid or some heartburn medication and think its their bodily function. There are varying degrees of intolerance from just getting irritated to full out allergic reactions.
Only splinter tribes ever became completely tolerant to drinking milk. The chances of most of a population to get this trait are uncommon and in some places extremely unlikely
>>
>>7417202
It's more like 95% you fucking dumbass xD Some people also combust when they see a cow, there are varying degrees of intolerance
>>
>>7417202
Is it possible that a lot of grocery store milk is badly processed?

I can handle dairy products just fine, especially ice cream and cheese. But 8 fl oz of milk may or may not send me running to the restroom. It's a gamble.
>>
Op, make your own almond milk.
>>
>>7417217
Ice cream and cheese are low lactose per calorie, therefore low lactose per typical serving. Almost everybody can tolerate 6 g lactose without symptoms, which is a very small glass of milk but a whole block of cheese or more
>>
can't you just drink water you genetic inferior?
>>
>>7415923
there's always coupons for most brands of soy milk. any caveman still consuming cows milk can use scissors, right?
>>
>>7416274
Tell that to my fucking toilet anytime I eat dairy m8
>>
>>7417289
thisssssssss OP don't be a fagerino
>>
File: FAQ-header-1058x595.jpg (97 KB, 1058x595) Image search: [Google]
FAQ-header-1058x595.jpg
97 KB, 1058x595
look up "fairlife" milk. It's actual cow milk and ultra filtered and lactose free and super healthy and it isn't expensive. Their chocolate milk is the best I've ever had and I'm not even lactose intolerant.
>>
>2016
>milk
>soy
almond master race reporting
>>
>>7418350
Just looked it up and can't find a single good thing about it.

It's just processed milk with a higher price tag.
>>
>>7415633
Make your own. You can make Coconut milk for about 89c per quart. If you have a good blender/food processor.
>>
>>7415633
What do you want it for? None of it tastes like milk, and they only offer similar nutrition because of fortification. Taking a supplement would be as effective.

If you really need to consume white fluids, almond milk is easy enough to make yourself. You can probably find a use for the leftover pulp if you looked for one.
>>
>>7418350
>Ultra high-temp pasteurization
Tastes burnt. The particles are so small that they bypass the gut. No thank you.
>>
I never drink milk or anything the color of cum.
>>
>>7419117
This. You can train yourself to be not lactose intolerant, I think. It has to do with gut bacteria. As long as you have somewhere to fart while you adjust its worth it.. All those fake milks are at funky water.
>>
>>7419119
>I never drink milk or anything the color of cum
Dude, sounds like you've been getting your milk somewhere dodgy. It isn't supposed to have green streaks.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.