[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last meal thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: last meal.jpg (3 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
last meal.jpg
3 MB, 3648x2736
Last meal thread.
>>
>>7414919
I'd probably be too nervous to eat.
>>
File: original-15901-1392713692-8.jpg (394 KB, 1024x585) Image search: [Google]
original-15901-1392713692-8.jpg
394 KB, 1024x585
>>
File: original-9170-1392713843-17.jpg (404 KB, 1024x585) Image search: [Google]
original-9170-1392713843-17.jpg
404 KB, 1024x585
>>
File: wcallday.jpg (60 KB, 640x434) Image search: [Google]
wcallday.jpg
60 KB, 640x434
>>
MRE
>>
>>7414932
rip in piece ma nigga
>>
>>7414932
Replace the Kool-Aid with Coke and I'd do that.
>>
>>7414937
Man. Sometimes shit like this is eerie enough to remind me that capital punishment is kind of fugged.

Getting the firing squad and all he wanted to do was watch the lord of the rings trilogy.
>>
>>7414937
They don't give you 9+ hours to eat though.
>>
>>7414980
It's not like you eat it and then it's straight off to die...besides, in the places that still allow the last meal, they will (from what I hear) try and accommodate any request as long as it's doable by the kitchen and other rules. So I'm sure if they were able to show him the whole trilogy he could have.
Too bad many places don't allow the last meal request anymore.
>>
>>7414979
Maybe he should have thought twice about robbing, burgling and murdering two people.
>>
>>7414937
>plastic fork and knife
more sinister than the punishment
>>
>>7414990
Didn't they quash it because people were asking for extravagant meals and then refusing to eat them?
>>
>>7415120
I've read about some cases of that. Pretty sure that now the places that still do it have rules like under so much money and has to be local and easy to get.
>>
I would eat something that I know would just cause me to have the most foul smelling and runny shit, and a lot of it.

Give it a good 4 hours to stew and get to my large colon, before execution.

When you die, your anus relaxes and anything waiting to be dropped gets to come out.
>>
>>7415216
Except the "final" meal is more of a final request and is eaten several days before the execution.
>>
>>7415216
Nah.

>>7415221
What this guy said.
You actually don't eat for 12 hours before your execution.
So you die really hungry.
>>
>>7415250
And that's why you constipate yourself
>>
>>7414990
>Too bad many places don't allow the last meal request anymore.

Yeah. I know plenty of them have dones heinous shit that can never be forgiven. But, if it's not too expensive, especially given that it's more costly to put someone on deathrow than life in jail, I would prefer they get one last meal request.

If nothing else, I think it helps protect the humanity of LEOs and taxpayers. Torture doesn't undue their crime. Even families of the victims who end up watching usually say they don't feel any better.
>>
>>7415280
I got beaten up outside a nightclub, unprovoked, and it ruined my week. I argued like fuck with my girlfriend, because I was in a shit mood with a short temper all the time, knowing that he was probably living a fulfilling life and meanwhile gets away with shit like that.

Then I read in the newspaper a few weeks later that someone had been stabbed in an altercation at a concert and died, and lo and behold it was the same guy. Needless to say I smiled and felt immediately better, knowing that he had suffered a long and painful death, and now was not free to continue living his life while I was.

I'm convinced that to this day I'd probably dwell on it if that hadn't happened, because I'm a pussy, but now I just smirk and get on with my day.
>>
>>7415280
How could you ever feel better, though?
If someone killed my family member, watching them die wouldn't make me feel better, other than the fact the killer can't kill anyone else.
Though I believe the immediate family of the victim should be allowed to choose punishment. How can anyone else know what they are feeling or going through? How can they decide what justice is adequate for this family?
And maybe someone would think twice about killing someone if the victims senpai members could decide to kill the murderer in the same way - or worse. Maybe instead of them having to think
>if I kill this person, might get injected, life in prison, 50 years...not so bad
>might get tortured and killed by the senpai members....or worse
Maybe once someone kills and it's proven 100%, the murderer is now owned by the senpai of the victim.
Let the family decide if they get a last meal or not, or ever eat again.
>>
>>7415319
fuck I forgot about that wordfilter.
>>
>>7414979

He had specifically requested to be killed by firing squad. He believed in the Mormon doctrine of 'blood atonement', which required his blood to be literally spilled on the ground before could be forgiven.
>>
When I saw the thread in the catalog, I thought it was a thread about the last thing you ate, not the last thing you /will ever/ eat.

Well, I made a cheddar cheese frittata and cooked up some beef bacon ($6.49/12oz on 75% off manager's special so $1.63 for the package) and whipped up a salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette for dinner. So there.

If I had to choose my last meal ever, I'd want a small bowl of miracle berries and a larger bowl full of extremely sour and bitter fruits, just to try it.
>>
>>7415319
>And maybe someone would think twice about killing someone if the victims senpai members could decide to kill the murderer in the same way - or worse.

That's a legitimate thing to bring up, but, in crimes of passion the person isn't really thinking that clearly or at least not that far ahead. Or, in premeditated heinous crimes, the person either thinks they can get away with it, or thinks whatever punishment they can get away with is worth it. I know if someone killed or raped someone I loved I'd want death for them, but, that's because I'm too emotionally close to the tragedy to think pragmatically.

But, hey, this thread wasn't intended to be my soapbox. If i had a last meal it'd be beef stew, with a side of thick, crusty bread and a tall glass with ice that I could refill myself from a half-gallon of whole milk.
>>
>>7415542
They aren't now, but say that this was the norm for the past 200 years, people would think of it. If they don't, well shouldn't have killed someone without a thought of the consequences. I got the idea from an episode of stargate, actually.

To keep this on topic, my last meal would be grilled chicken with some nice bbq sauce, mashed potatoes, and some steamed peas and carrots.
Preferably done the way my parents cook it.
You know, they should allow that.
>I want this food, but I want my parents to cook it
pro tip, check for hidden files and keys!
But really, the state wouldn't have to pay for any of the food or anything.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.