[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1200% VITAMIN C
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: index.jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4 KB, 225x225
1200% VITAMIN C

Enjoy your colds and weak immune system faggots. I'm literally drinking liquid gold. This shit is thoroughly good. You can't possibly ask for a better health drink.
>>
>>7414168
obviously it doesn't make you any smarter.
>>
>>7414168
1200% want? Your RDI?

Sounds like a liquid migraine.
>>
>OJ
>self made smoothies
both are cheaper. both give you a shit load of vitamin C.
>>
>1200% vitamin C

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29v6rNFjlLI
>>
>>7414168

ODing on vitamin C makes you incontinent, enjoy pissing yourself.
>>
>>7414193
I wish I hadn't wasted my time. That entire video was no better than anything you'd see on Doctor Phil. It was as heavy on facts as a Garfield comic.
>>
Enjoy your diarrhea
>>
>>7414236
Except the part where it cites every study it mentions right there on the screen.
>>
>>7414253
From which he independently draws his own exaggerated conclusion.
>>
>>7414256
Whatever you say, Linus.
Enjoy your diapers.
>>
File: spike-shotgun.jpg (17 KB, 150x327) Image search: [Google]
spike-shotgun.jpg
17 KB, 150x327
>not having 33,333% of daily B12
>not truly living
>>
>>7414168
Organic is better. Also just make your own it's cheaper, plus bolthouse farms adds "natural flavors so it's something to avoid.
>>
>>7414168
>2016
>drinking concentrates instead of pressed juice

SHIGGIDY DIGGITY
>>
>trying to poison yourself
>>
>>7414168
You'll piss it out. Vitamin C is one of the most transitory vitamins, it literally just runs out when you piss
>>
Enjoy the diarrhea
>>
>>7414343
jokes on you, I drink my own piss to re-absorb the vitamin C.

If its good enough for Bear Grylls its good enough for me.
>>
>>7414343
Overdosing can have side effects, though. Just copypasting a quick search result: side or lower back pain, diarrhea, dizziness or faintness (with the injection only), flushing or redness of skin, headache, increase in urination (mild), nausea or vomiting, stomach cramps.
>>
>>7414343
Exactly. You're better off buying a tub of half gram pills and taking one a day.
>>
Now the question becomes will all that vitamin c kill the diabeetus?
>>
>1200% VITAMIN C
That is a mistake I won't make twice.
>>
Vitamin C is water soluble... Meaning you'll piss away anything your bidy cannot use/aborb right away. So enjoy pissing away your money I guess.
>>
>>7416170
Just a small cup a day is enough.
>>
File: 31xMpc7.jpg (154 KB, 2048x1360) Image search: [Google]
31xMpc7.jpg
154 KB, 2048x1360
>>7414193
>>7414194
>>7414243
>>7414259
>>7414291
>>7414343
>>7414357
>>7416170

This. Vitamin C has repeatedly been shown to cause problems and become toxic to the body in extreme doses, people have even died from it in the past.

This isn't exclusive to Vitamin C either, most of the big vitamins the government lists on food are acute at high doses. Acute hypervitaminosis A from Vitamin A killing explorer who ate Polar Bears' liver being an example that springs to mind.

Anyone who drinks 1200% of their DVI of Vitamin C per day is placing their liver and kidneys under stress, wasting money and probably drinking lots of sugar at the same time.

tl;dr OP is a retard
>>
>>7414168

You only absorb 100 percent of the amount. You literally piss or explosively shit the rest away
>>
>>7416263
>You only absorb 100 percent of the amount. You literally piss or explosively shit the rest away

Actually, without proper amount of folic acid, not even that. Vitamin C may be all good and shit, but the organism can't even process it without aid of folic acid.

Folic acid is not an exactly exotic substance, found in many vegetables, but if you replace a varied diet with some self-made 1200% oddity, you're likely to be short on it and get exactly nothing out of your vitamin C.
>>
>>7414168
>48g sugar
>60% DV carbs per half bottle

no thanks
>>
>>7416441
>120% of your carbs when you drink the entire bottle
what the fuck is this blended bread or somethnig
>>
>>7416463
Bolthouse farms is notorius for marketing a "healthy" drink when its really just sugar with flavorings
>>
>>7416463
Almost every fruit juice has ridiculous amounts of carbs because it's basically liquid sugar.

Eating fruit = fine
Drinking fruit juice = sugar water cancer meme
>>
>Vitamin C fortification
People are apparently still unaware that Vitamin C is incredibly abundant in almost all fruits and vegetables that are commonly consumed. In fact, the only relevant foods that do NOT give you 100% of Vitamin C in one serving are apples, pears, bananas, carrots and cucumbers. Anybody who consumes adequate amounts of fruits and vegetables is going to end up with at least 400% of Vitamin C per day since it's also abundant in Brassica, leafy vegs and nightshades.
>>
I drink soda and beer, smoke like a chimney and don't exercise. I'm 26 and haven't been sick since I was 11.
>>
>>7417690

>26

well no shit -- most of the things that kill people in developed countries don't have an effect until middle age.

That's like someone who is 18 saying they have never been in an auto accident
>>
>>7417690
>I treat my body like shit but haven't been sick
I'd guess you also live in the same room all day on a computer and don't regularly interact with sources of disease

You're also doing yourself more damage if you haven't been sick since your immune system relies in part on prior reaction and interaction with different virus'
>>
3oz bottle $9.99
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.