[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many eggs is too much? My new ketogenic diet consists of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: kummer_egglessons_post.jpg (54 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
kummer_egglessons_post.jpg
54 KB, 450x300
How many eggs is too much?

My new ketogenic diet consists of 6 hardboiled eggs a day, including the yolk. Is it safe to consume this much? Normally, I eat 1-2 egg a day for breakfast, so I'm a little worried about cholesterol intake.
>>
>>7413262
why keto?
>>
>>7413263
Trying to lose weight and control my high blood sugar.
>>
>>7413266
Why not stop eating like shit and work out, fatty?
>>
>>7413268
I am working out, right now I'm trying to adjust my diet and start eating more fats and protein rich food instead of carbs.
>>
>>7413262
You have to eat all the eggs OP.
>>
Id do 4 egg whites and 2 yolk for taste
>>
>>7413276
what are your poos like after 6 eggs?
>>
>>7413280
I haven't started eating that much yet.
>>
>>7413281
you're going to really struggle squeezing them out after 6 eggs t b h
>>
There's nothing wrong with eating eggs. They're full of nutrition and have a good protein fat ratio. I would only caution against it because your diet isn't going to be varied enough. Sub in some meat or nuts or something.

When I do keto I eat a fair bit of eggs. But usually I limit myself to one egg meal a day with a maximum of 3 eggs. Not because more is unsafe, but just because variety. Eggs are a near perfect protein sauce. They're up there with wild salmon, mackerel and liver.
>>
I have four eggs scrambled in two tablespoons of butter every morning and everything works fine for me. Great source of protein and choline.
>>
>>7413286
>wild salmon
does wild salmon have more protein than farmed salmon?
>>
>>7413286
Thanks for the advice, I do plan to mix it up with almonds and edamame, which are two of my favourite nuts.
>>
>>7413283
Don't listen to the naysayers, the trick on keto is always pair high fat food with a vegetable or high fibre food so you don't shit playdough. Just have some Cucumber or Brocolli or green salad with your eggs and youre good to go
>>
>>7413293
No but it has better fats and they're generally healthier specimens
>>
>>7413266
Hvae you thought of eating less?
>>
/ck/ i'm quite impressed that no one bit OP's bait about cholesterol. well done everybody.
>>
>>7413262
ingesting cholesterol=/ producing cholesterol.
fats in general make your cholesterol higher, ingesting foods high in cholesterol dont.
Not eating more than 2 eggs daily was one of the bigggest memes of the last decade and was debunked
>>
>>7413296
Edamame is a bean with a fair bit of carb, watch out for eating too much
>>
>>7413305
>>7413306
welp guess im the sucker here
>>
>>7413262
>How many eggs is too much?
don't eat eggs. they clog your arteries.
>>
>>7413310
literally a second after i said if. hang your head in shame
>>
>>7413276
you got it all wrong. you need to eat less fat, more carbs, and more fiber, and some lean protein on the side. no snacking, and only 2 meals a day are also recommended.
>>
>>7413306

This. The cholesterol in a person's body is produced by their liver. It does not come from the food one eats. The cholesterol in the food you consume gets passed as waste.
>>
>>7413317
literally the only part of your post that was correct is "more fiber"
>>
>>7413319
A complete lie. Eggs are almost as bad as smoking when it comes to clogging arteries. Eating eggs will raise your cholesterol significantly
>>
>>7413330
>guaranteed replies
>>
>>7413330

I'ts not the 1990's cholesterol panic anymore bro. Dietary cholesterol has little to do with serum cholesterol.
>>
>>7413335
>I'ts not the 1990's cholesterol panic anymore bro. Dietary cholesterol has little to do with serum cholesterol.

t-thanks for the info, American Egg Boardâ„¢
>>
>>7413262
don't worry about cholesterol intake
egg cholesterol is different to bad cholesterol
>>
The cholesterol won't matter if you're engaging in muscle building exercise. Cholesterol gets converted to androgen
>>
>>7413297
I've been on keto for a few months, I almost never even bother with fiber and have a regular shit every day.
>>
File: carrey.gif (3 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
carrey.gif
3 MB, 300x225
>Breakfast is always the same. I melt about 100g of butter in a frying pan. I crack 11 eggs yolks in to this (I fry the whites later for the chickens!) and fry them until they hold their shape. I then pour 8 yolks for myself and Hazel, with all of the free butter, in to a bowl and mash them with a fork before stirring the mix in to an "egg soup". Hazel has a dollop, I have the rest. We like it quite solid. I finish any Hazel doesn't want, hopefully I get six yolks worth. Daniel likes his yolks just fried, he has the other three.

>If I feel like it, I have a creamy cocoa, ie about 4g cocoa powder, 2ml honey, maybe somewhere between 30 and 60ml double cream. Usually a decaff coffee too. Sometimes with caffeine, though I tend to prefer my caffeine in the evenings.

>Lunch on work days is portable stearic acid as 100g of Lindt 90% cocoa solids chocolate. Sometimes with 100g macadamias, sometimes not. Occasionally 300ml of soured cream along side some chocolate.

http://high-fat-nutrition.blogspot.com/2013/05/what-do-i-eat-2013-update.html

>ketofags
>>
I eat 40-50 egg whites every day
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>7413488
Here's a pic of my breakfast
>>
>>7413484
eating disorder
>>
File: 1412404816360.png (318 KB, 1220x1488) Image search: [Google]
1412404816360.png
318 KB, 1220x1488
>>7413484
lol
>>
>>7413262
'bout tree fiddy
>>
if you want to be scared straight, watch carotid endarterectomy videos on you-tube. The amount of junk in arteries is shocking. And it looks just like a fried egg.
>>
>>7413551

Why would anyone do that, unless there was evidence to explain exactly where the junk comes from? You might as well "scare yourself straight" from eating cottage cheese?
>>
>>7413520
Whatever happened to a varied and balanced diet?

>HURR HURR I'LL EAT BUTTER ERY DAY ILL SHOW THEM
>>
>>7413552
It's obvious where it comes from. You're in denial.
>>
>>7413562
>it's obvious
then why don't you go ahead and cite some sources from the last decade
>>
>>7413562

How is it obvious? Do you think that egg magically transfers itself from your gut into your arteries just because it looks similar? That's fucking ridiculous.

Peer-reviewed studies please, preferably recent ones.
>>
>>7413568
You have my permission to eat all the eggs, steak and ice cream you want.
>>
>>7413576
>hurr it's obvious but I can't prove it
nice
>>
I'm starting a keto diet too Op. I'm only wanting to do it for a few months to change my pallet and lose 30lbs. I have been eating two hard boiled eggs in the morning, six seems like a lot.
>>
>>7413262
Just keep in mind that for a ketogenic diet to work you need to be low on glucose and liver glycogen all the time. This means that you should not have any carbs.
This also means that your body wil be in an constant state of catabolism so you will not really gain muscle from working out.

That being said it its a pretty unhealthy way of dieting and it only works if you change your eating habit after the diet is done. It will seriously fuck your body up if you keep switch between an unhealthy diet, gain weight and then do a keto diet for a few months.

The cholesterol in food does not really matter as long as you are not taking statins.
Almost all cholesterol in your blood is made by your body itself, in normal circumstances only a small amount of cholesterol is absorbed from food. This however changes when you suffer from high cholesterol and are taking statins. The statins block your body's ability to produce cholesterol, to keep the cholesterol at its usual (high) level your body starts absorbing the cholesterol from the food.

A keto diet should only be done when people are so obese that normal caloric restriction is not fast enough and their obesity poses a serious health risk.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.