[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Left my deep freezer unplugged for about 4 days Its still cold
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: John_Quincy_Adams_1843.jpg (547 KB, 713x993) Image search: [Google]
John_Quincy_Adams_1843.jpg
547 KB, 713x993
Left my deep freezer unplugged for about 4 days

Its still cold on the inside but there is a bad smell. None of the meat looks bad or spoiled. How fucked am I?
>>
Potentially fucked. Depends on the temp of the air surrounding it and if it was ever opened during the period when it was turned off. I imagine the meats would stay cold and refrigerate each other for a day or so, but 4 days might be too much. I would just check everything in there to be safe. Also, did you notice any water? If you did then you're pretty fucked.
>>
>>7410545
>Left my deep freezer unplugged for about 4 days
how?
>>
>>7410556
No water. Just opened it today that's how I found out. The meat looks fine and doesn't smell bad individually.

>>7410561
Little brother had to change is phone so he unplugged the freezer which is in my bedroom
>>
You can't see or smell whether food is safe to eat. Dumbass
>>
It also depends on how densely packed everything is. It's all surface area stuff, where if everything is more spaced out, there is more surface area to take in heat. So if everything was densely packed, that could sustain it for a while. I don't know if that would keep it for 4 days though. Sorry anon.
>>
>>7410562
You have a deep freezer in your bedroom?
>>
There's probably a bit of food stuck in the condensate drain that got spoiled.
>>
>>7410596
That makes sense. I had a container break open and some of of it is still in tbere.
>>7410571
Its literally a tiny freezer. Everything is stacked together.

I'm gonna roll with it. Worse case I get sick.
>>
>>7410563
You most certainly can see and smell bad food.

You just can't see/smell ALL bad food.
>>
>>7410599
>I had a container break open and some of of it is still in tbere.

That'll do it. If it's not in the drain, then it's most likely in the drain pan.

It's very easy to fix it yourself, by the way.
>>
>>7410545
Fridges and freezers stink when they warm up with door closed
I made the mistake of unplugging my fridge when i moved waited a week to pick it up and it stunk so bad
>>
>>7410562
Is your brother blessed with autism?

>>7410577
We need answers to this
>>
>>7410792
I live in a shed so yes.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.