[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cabbage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1412831034105.png (55 KB, 367x360) Image search: [Google]
1412831034105.png
55 KB, 367x360
Bought a big head of cabbage since it was a good price. Now that I have it, I realize I have never cooked with cabbage in my life. What the fuck do I do with this shit?
>>
sausage cabbage rolls
>>
>>7408270
shred it and serve chicken katsu on top of it
>>
>>7408270

Ferment it; make sauerkraut
>>
put it in egg roll mixture
>>
Chop it up real nice and thin, add water and stock, boil until soft: bang, cabbage soup.
Add carrots and onions if you're feeling fancy.
>>
Boil in water with potatoes, then stir fry with olive oil, garlic and paprika
>>
>>7408270
Shred it with some carrot, stir mayo through.
>>
It tastes pretty good roasted if you have nothing else to use it for
>>
Egg Rolls
>>
>>7408270
boil it in chicken or beef stock with some potatoes, shit's awesome.
>>
Kimchi
>>
>>7408270
Curried cabbage with bacon is Universe-tier.
>>
>>7408341

it's deceptively easy. Just cabbage, salt, and water. Last time I made it I added a small bit of vinegar, a few cloves of garlic, and some chilis
>>
>>7408270
make some delicious sauerkraut
>>
Cut a medium/medium-small head of cabbage into quarters, remove the core and slice each wedge thinly then wash.
Heat some olive oil, lard and/or bacon render.
Add a few cloves of garlic a couple of peeled tomatoes, freshly crushed and set to high heat.
When fragrant and garlic has started to blonde, add the cabbage and salt generously.
Cook over high heat, stirring about and adding a bit of water if/as necessary until cabbage is caramelised, about 20-40 minutes depending on the size of your pan and your technique.
Once caramelised, allow excess moisture to evaporate out then stir in 500g of washed white rice and 375ish ml of water and a stock cube or two or 375ish ml of stock.
Bring to the boil then lower heat to maintain a bare simmer and allow to cook gently, barely covered, until liquid is evaporated out and rice is cooked through.
If necessary, you may need to add a bit of boiling water or stock at a time to finish cooking the rice if you had your flame too high when cooking it.

Off the heat and serve with lots of fresh-grated cheese and, if desired, Italian chilli oil.

Also nice: caramelise cabbage and onion together in bacon render. Toss this mixture with cooked-and-drained hörnli pasta (or either "elbow macaroni" or small shell-shaped pasta if hörnli isn't available in your country) and lots of shredded cheese then bake until warmed through and cheese is melted throughout.
>>
>>7408270
Stuff the cabbage leaves with a mixture of rice and minced ground beef/lamb
>>
>>7410204
I boil or steam a whole head of cabbage and stuff the largest, outermost leaves with a mixture of lamb (or mutton) mince, caraway, caramelised onions and the chopped inner leaves of the cabbage. Also an egg and a bit of cornstarch, to hold it all together.
Then I steam them and serve with mushroom-and-onion gravy and a side of boiled potatoes.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.