[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets talk cleanliness. How much of a clean freak are you when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: Kitchen_Cleaning.jpg (198 KB, 1600x1142) Image search: [Google]
Kitchen_Cleaning.jpg
198 KB, 1600x1142
Lets talk cleanliness. How much of a clean freak are you when it comes to eating food and preparing food? How tidy do you keep your kitchen? Ive found that what triggers my OCD the most is when im washing the pots and plates and I make extra sure ive gotten all of the liquid soap off of them and sometimes it takes a while
>>
>>7407116
I live in a share house so it's negligible. I probably wash my hands after I touch everything and before I touch anything. Sounds like you are using too much soap, less is more. I normally just hand wash the pots with a little bit of detergent+hot water then rinse them with hot again. Everything else goes into the dishwasher.
>>
>>7407116

I'm the same way, that's why I take long to was dishes, I treat each one like they're covered in Ebola virions and I've gotta scrub them off.

I have less of a tolerance for messy counters than my wife does (who prefers to clean up all at once when finished cooking), so I usually end up cleaning while she cooks.
>>
>>7407131
>so I usually end up cleaning while she cooks
I tend to clean while I cook myself. I don't know how the fuck anyone can stand working in a messy kitchen let alone seeing the mess once you're done eating.
>>
My junk mail ends up on my kitchen counter until it becomes a mini mountain and then I clean it up.
>>
>>7407131
>I'm the same way, that's why I take long to was dishes, I treat each one like they're covered in Ebola virions and I've gotta scrub them off.
>>
Used to cook in diners/breakfast counters in teens and twenties. Doing that food saftey certification every year stuck with me. My kitchen, tools, everything is very clean. Every bit of food is put away and stored to proper food saftey standards.

My deep freeze is pretty sick organized too. I use 4 stackable milk crates to store the meat, poultry, fish, veg/fruit separatly. I have a ziplock brand vacuum sealer and I use it for just about everything.
>>
>>7407116 just got out of a 4hr production kitchen class. My team mates were on top of their shit, so I ended up doing dishes and scrubbed dafuq out of the steam kettles and tilt pan for like 2 hrs.
>>
>>7407131
So what, there's people out there who leave stuff on the dishes/bowls/utensils? What's the point in washing them if they're not properly clean afterwards?

I thought having the stuff perfectly clean is normal
>>
File: 1453520567292.gif (1022 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
1453520567292.gif
1022 KB, 450x253
>>7407313
it is normal anon
you are normal to want a clean kitchen
keep fighting the good fight
>>
>>7407116
Fuck living at home everyones a slob but me I have to
>Do dishes
>put older ones away
>Clean up after dogs
>wash counters
>take out trash
Every SINGLE time I come to cook. It makes even simple meals take over an hour.

Since I finished high school I wash my own dishes after I finish a meal (Except my cast iron)

Nobody else has shown that courtesy and instead fill the sink with a deepfryer mesh to 'soak it in water and break down the oil' without soap overnighht.

You cannot make this up. Im personally quite clean, use one towel all day at end use it to clean up all spills etc get it for wash. Unless the towel gets fucked up anyway. ALWAYS leave a clear sink. Clean fridge handles sink nobs etc. Polish electric stove top and stainless steel as well.
>>
>>7407907
Took me about 7 views to see the guy being blown back at the front of the raft. Is this a legit video?
>>
>>7407947
It's from a movie.
>>
File: 1453756347644.jpg (123 KB, 960x568) Image search: [Google]
1453756347644.jpg
123 KB, 960x568
>>7407934
>soak overnight
>a glorified "fuck it" bucket as we call at my job
>literally stagnant water
i'm sorry for you
>>
>>7407955
All of my hopes and dreams; scattered like ashes into the wind.
>>
>>7407966
All my hopes and dreams;
scattered like ashes to the wind.
Mortal enemies.
>>
>>7407961
I like your name for it, might have to take it up!
>>
>>7407116
I won't start cooking unless the kitchen is very clean. Wife leaves dirty dishes/cookware all over the place on the days she works from home and watches the kid. I am passive aggressive about it and take a very long time cleaning everything up before I start cooking, especially if she indicates she's really hungry. I tell her I can't cook in a messy kitchen, but I avoid actually getting upset with her about it. No need to start the "fine, you work, watch the kid and do all the dishes" fight.
>>
>>7407947
>>7407966
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXTWpQ0D0f8
>>
I occasionally leave my dirty dishes next to the sink for an hour or two/30 minutes while I eat whatever I'd cooked then go and clean up. Literally every house I've moved into people clean their dishes and leave them in the rack on the sink and I'm always the one that puts the dishes away. Fucking every time, how do I let them know politely that I'd prefer it if they put their dishes away, /ck/?
>>
Not at all. There's no advantage to anal retentiveness. I feel there's something deeply wrong with a mind that panics at the sight of mess. It's like they get uncomfortable with having to process too much information at once or something, so there can't be too much piled up in one place and everything must always be in its usual position. Must suck.
>>
>>7407260
I'm the exact same way. People always tell me that I clean fast whether it be dishes or the kitchen. I do it by habit I guess.
>>
Sink and counter have to be spotless at the end of every meal. Clean as you go while cooking. I hate fuckers who can't do this.
>>
can't be bothered when cooking for myself. I sanitize everything when making food for other people and try to keep the food as clean as possible
>>
>>7408792
it really asspains you to take less than five minutes to put away some god damned dishes?
>>
File: 1294440496644.png (21 KB, 494x400) Image search: [Google]
1294440496644.png
21 KB, 494x400
>>7407116
I keep it pretty tidy. I mean if there's a smudge of grease or two I don't shit the bed, and I'll leave a dish to soak, but I rarely leave anything for more than a couple hours/overnight.

UNFORTUNATELY my roommate/landlord is from Vietnam and is superbly OCD, so if there is ever a smudge, even if for good reason, he throws a fit at me. I get a lot of shit for it, to the point where I won't even cook myself something healthy when he's home. It's just too frustrating.
>>
>>7407116
Don't forget to wash your onions and garlic before you cut them with your steak knife
>>
File: 1381345388825.png (303 KB, 822x447) Image search: [Google]
1381345388825.png
303 KB, 822x447
>>7409107
>marie's homemade italian pasta sauce from italy

Why must you make me relive these torturous memories anon
>>
>>7408954
More annoyance then butthurt.
>>
>>7407624
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.