[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have one of these in my freezer and I really wanna cook it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1305015947218.jpg (29 KB, 460x360) Image search: [Google]
1305015947218.jpg
29 KB, 460x360
I have one of these in my freezer and I really wanna cook it but I dont know how.

It's a pretty small broiler that will feed probably two people. Can /ck/ give me some good broiler recipes & tips?
>>
1. Take chicken out of fridge, leave out to thaw for a half hour or so.

2. Cut a lemon in half, squeeze the juices into a large bowl. Also put rosemary and thyme in the bowl.

3. Put the chicken in the bowl and rub it around so it soaks up lemon juice all over it.

4. Put half of the lemon as well as the rosemary and thyme inside the chicken as the stuffing. Tie up the chicken legs.

5. Put a chicken stock cube in a little cup with about a tablespoon of olive oil. Mash the cube and the oil into a paste. This takes about a minute or two. Spread this paste all over the chicken.

6. Put a bunch of chopped onions on the bottom of a roasting tray along with white wine.

7. Put the chicken on the tray, cover with aluminum, put in the oven.

8. Take off the aluminum after an hour.

9. Take temperature after an hour and a half.

10. When you get to the right temperature, put the chicken back in the oven at broiling temperature (like 550 or so) to crisp up the skin.

11. Leave to set for a half hour.

Bam.

Perfect, juicy as fuck chicken.
>>
Remove the wings and put them inside the bird then roast it upside down. Breasts will be much juicier.
>>
Put it in a crockpot for six hours on low
>>
>>7406835
I recall doing this once and it turned out well.

First thing, though, is to get it thawed. You could let it thaw in the fridge for a few days or put it in cool water, changing out the water frequently. It's kind of a balancing act. You don't want it frozen in the middle when you try to roast it but you also don't want major bacterial growth.

I usually rub the outside with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. The leftover lemon I put in the cavity with some coarsely chopped onion and carrot and generous handfuls of thyme and rosemary.

You also want to make sure you have a raised roasting pan. If you don't, you can put a cooling rack on top of a pan.
>>
you can get away with just putting it straight into an oven at 180 for 1hr15 or so (you can add a bit of oil or salt/pepper to it beforehand)
just make sure it's totally defrosted, and stick a fork into the skin between the leg and body, and if the juice is clear and straw-coloured (no hints of redness at all) then it's done
also, carving can be annoying, so watch some vids to see how others dissect the bird
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4z_N0GjqCY

Easiest whole chicken recipe.
>>
File: 1453962645311.jpg (61 KB, 423x951) Image search: [Google]
1453962645311.jpg
61 KB, 423x951
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/19/roast-chicken_n_4726025.html

I follow this recipe, but I bring some butter to room temp, mix it with poultry spices (thyme, sage, rosemary, marjoram), and salt/pepper. Then rub the spiced butter underneath the chicken skin.
>>
>>7406670
I usually rub the entire inside and outside, including under the skin with butter or olive oil, season with salt, pepper, rosemary and oregano, shove some chopped garlic and thin slices of lemon under the skin and stick half a lemon, a few crushed cloves of garlic and some fresh herbs inside the cavity then roast it on a rack at 425 for an hour or so until it's done.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.