[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion on leafy herbs, /ck/? Personally,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
What's your opinion on leafy herbs, /ck/?

Personally, I like the favors of them but I hate having them in my mouth. I love basil in food, for example, but I don't want to eat the leaves. Same for parsley and cilantro. It sucks, because I like other leafy things, but they just feel wrong when I eat them.
>>
>>7404995

do you prefer stemmy herbs or rooty herbs?
>>
>>7404995
You chop them up you doofus
>>
Either chop them fine enough or learn to bouquet garni
>>
>>7404995

ask your psychiatrist about how to deal with this symptom of autism
>>
>>7405008
Sorry, I'm a dumbass and forget that I don't have to specify that herbs are leafy. I'm stupid, but not quite that stupid. I think.

>>7405013
>>7405015
I do chop 'em when I use them, but with dishes I've eaten at other people's houses or in restaurants, they tend to be whole, which is where my issue is at.
>>
>>7405041
I've never seen them serve whole unless it's garnish or something like a caprese salad. You're not actually supposed to eat that little piece of parsley that comes with your steak.
>>
>>7404995
I'm the opposite. I love eating leafy herbs. I was the kid who always ate the parsley garnish on their plate in restaurants. Still do. I especially love a French omelet with lots of herbs in it, or a mixed herb pasta.....Anything where lots of leafy herbs are the star is a dish I'm sure to love.
>>
Sometimes I like to just roughly tear up some fresh herbs like basil, parsley, mint, chives or cilantro and toss them in a salad with greens and whatever else.
>>
>>7405123
I do that too, it's so tasty and adds a nice contrast of flavors to a green salad.
>>
File: licorice.jpg (20 KB, 400x280) Image search: [Google]
licorice.jpg
20 KB, 400x280
>>7405041
>Sorry, I'm a dumbass and forget that I don't have to specify that herbs are leafy. I'm stupid, but not quite that stupid. I think.

You're not stupid, was just joking around :) If some guy says hard brick walls, it's kinda funny but not wrong.
>>
>>7405117
Same. I have herb plants, sometimes I just pull leaves off and eat them. They're delicious.
>>
>>7404995
Oregano>Basil>Coriander>Parsley>Chives>Everything else

Smell
Rosemary>>>>>Basil>>>>>Everything else
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.