[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/cuck/ secrets!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: photo.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
/ck/ secrets only YOU know!

When making empanadas, do not use oil for the base of the baking sheet but flour (unlike this picture).
>>
>>7404981
When your house smells like shit because you haven't showered in 6 days, put an onion or two, with a few diced cloves of garlic in a pan with some olive oil on heat.
>>
File: image.png (166 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.png
166 KB, 500x375
You can dry age chicken in your fridge as long as you cover it with paper towels. Gives your chicken a nice nutty flavor and extra tender.
>>
I really want chocolate chip waffles but it would break my diet

what do
>>
>>7405019
dry chicken breast. works every time
>>
>not frying empanadas
Fuck off.
>>
>>7405023
That's another thing, you should make them in the oven fatass. They taste WAY better
>>
>>7405022
I already ate a whole breast for dinner and I'm craving these motherfuckers
>>
>>7405030
alright. but really from my /fit/ days I'd suggest banana scrambled eggs. just put some bananas and eggs in a nonstick pan and scramble it, add some cinnamon and/or walnuts maybe. dark chocolate isn't that bad, I bet it could work
>>
>>7404992
Huh, ill actually use this one
>>
>>7405043
Like this!? >>7404908
>>
>>7405044
Honestly one of the easiest and best smelling things you can do quickly, imo. and onions/garlic sautéd in a pan go with almost everything.
>>
>>7405019

you can make waffles out of bananas or some shit I saw it on a fit recipes thread once
>>
>>7405057
I don't have any bananas because my diet is [spoiler]keto[/spoiler]
>>
>>7405057
Old frozen bananas make the best frozen yogurt stuff. Doesn't taste like banana at all and you can add pb or chocolate chips (cocoa if you don't want sugar). You just throw them (keep them frozen) into a blender or food processor and add milk, water, or any other liquid to keep it blending. It's actually delicious, not just for a supplement.

>>7404981
Two secrets: add crushed raspberries to salsa, and to get mango off the skin, slice it in half and then push it down over the rim of a glass
>>
File: squideuw.jpg (29 KB, 480x279) Image search: [Google]
squideuw.jpg
29 KB, 480x279
>>7405048
...n-no
>>
I fucking LOVE empanadas
>>
Box of chocolate cake mix plus can of pumpkin pie filling equals delicious, fat free, high protein, high fiber muffins. Noeggs, no oil, no water just mix the 2 together and bake according to the box instructions
>>
>>7405096
all that sugar, though
>>
Thinly slicing boiled eggs in cajun style (not new Orleans style) gumbo makes the broth creamier, thicker, and more flavorful because the yolks disenitrate and incorporate, and the cooked egg whites add a nice texture and soak up the juices like a sponge. I've only seen my family and a few others do this at a pretty big gumbo cookoff in loui. We got second place
>>
>>7404981
You South Americans are cute when you call pasties empandas.
>>
>>7404981
Freeze chocolate bars, literally any, just experiment with that shit, they make a good treat.

Put tissue in salad bags for them to last longer, idk where or when i found this out, but i just do it, it feels like it lasts longer or maybe not...

Put thin layer of mayonnaise on bread, to stop sandwich being dry

put cheese on burger whilst it's in the pan, put lid on top and it melts the cheese faster

microwave stale bread and it will go really soft for some time before going hard again

Dip empanadas in soy sauce

These are all really shit novice things, I am not really a cook or anything, just small things i do, that everyone probably already knows.
>>
>>7405052
>Best smelling?

I hate when my apartment smells like onion. Maybe its because i live in a poverty one room.
>>
>>7404981

>Baking empanadas, not flash frying them.
>>
File: HX9332_05-IMS-en_GB.jpg (49 KB, 1250x1116) Image search: [Google]
HX9332_05-IMS-en_GB.jpg
49 KB, 1250x1116
Rolling fruits like oranges, veg like onions, garlic and anything with peel/skin around on a chopping board with a touch of pressure makes peeling it pretty much instant. Especially useful for garlic.

You can make banana ice-cream with one ingredient.
>>
>>7406722
>implying it didnt originate in latin europe. or did you forget we live there as well?
>>
>>7406779
wtf is latin europe? south america isnt even anywhere near europe learn to geography fucking idiot
DOOOOUCHEEE BAGGGG
>>
>>7406787
Obvious bait
>>
if u go to the self checkout at walmart, spin around 3 times saying "sam walton" and then swap the banana barcode for the steak one u will get steak for the price of bananas.
>>
>>7406768
Try boiling whole cinnamon sticks (2 or 3) in a saucepan for a couple hours.
>>
>>7406779
No friend, this gets called out every time you monkeys spout this nonsense. The pasty predates your pandabear by 3 centuries. You are eating pasties.
>>
>>7406787
He's just an idiot shitposting. I'm surprised he isn't spamming his "una vela" crap too.
>>
>>7404981

When storing deli meats, cover them with a tea towel soaked in a mix of water and vinegar. Re-soak every 2 days

This also works for whole chickens or ham on the bone and makes them last much longer
>>
>>7406768
I don't know, I love the smell of onion and garlic cooking. Also, like >>7406852 said, cinnamon sticks work really well too. You can throw a few around the room in out of the way places to help out too.
>>
THE ULTIMATE MEATBALL RECIPE

1 pound of minced beef
2 very finely chopped onions
2 cloves of minced garlic
1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons of worchestershire sauce
dash of angostura bitters
3 tablespoons of milk
an egg
large teaspoon of salt and black pepper
>>
>empanada
Are those not pierogis?
>>
>>7405027
not him, but confirmed that you Dont actually know how to make empanadas nor have you actually had a real one. I'm sure you boil your chicken too
>>
>>7404981
Steam your eggs for 6-7 mins instead of guessing when you want to make soil boiled eggs
>>
>>7408354
I'll save this, it better not kill me faggot
>>
>>7408362
I live in argentina, faggot. Empanadas are MY thing, and I've made them more times that you have masturbated
>>
Carob molasses used to add sugar to pizza crust is the tits
>>
Fucking empanada thread now I make empanadas every day for work but wondering if anyone on here has any good idea for fillings if you got a good one post it and I'll run it tomorrow at work and post pics of em when I get off
>>
>>7409387
If you made empanadas 3 times a day for the past 14 years I'd be very impressed
>>
>>7405019
just don't gorge yourself on them. i eat dessert after every meal and am not fat, because i don't overeat.
>>
>>7408354
wow it's a regular meatball with incorporated sauce and alcohol
>>
First the argies try and steal The Falklands then they try and steal the pasty.

How hilariously inept.
>>
>>7404981

Also paint those empanadas with a bit of egg yolk for a nice golden crust
>>
Stale old bread?
Hold it under running water quickly and pop it the oven.
Perfect for revitalization.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.