[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a temperature-controlled machine that can evenly distribute
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 905605_Enlarged_1.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1860) Image search: [Google]
905605_Enlarged_1.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1860
Is there a temperature-controlled machine that can evenly distribute heat around a pot?

I don't want a slow cooker because those dont seem to be able to reach boiling temperatures, or if they do it's an eternity away.

The intent is to be able to make stews without burning the bottom. Reason I'm asking is because I don't have an oven.
>>
>>7400827
Yes, it's called an oven.
>>
>>7400838
nigga I don't have one
>>
>>7400827
You don't want to literally boil stews and soups for long periods, doing that will make the finished product grainy and cause the ingredients to disintegrate. If you want to speed up cooking of such dishes, use a pressure cooker.
>>
>The intent is to be able to make stews without burning the bottom.
That's literally what a crockpot is for.

Throw that shit in there and let it cook for 8-10 hours on Low or High for half the time.
>>
>>7400841
And these have temperature control?
In any case it's pretty important to be able to let water out for the sauce to reduce.
I assume the electric variety do even heating
>>
>>7400840
Then, buy a device called oven
>>
>>7400827
The crock pot I have can reach boiling. Maybe because it's an older model?

I've had this one since I was a kid so it's probably 25+ years old.

I think newer slow cookers have some safety garbage that limits the amount of heat.

Go poke around a thrift shop or garage sale. Hell, eBay!
>>
>>7400920
Same here; whenever I make a meal with a decent amount of liquid, it reaches boiling temps in the crockpot.

Maybe try looking into another model?
>>
>>7400827
If you burn the bottom it's because your pot isnt heavy enough. Either get a simmer plate or a heavier pot.
>>
Salsa Chicken
>>
Pressure cooker
>>
Jesus christ, just use a fucking crock pot. That's what they're for.
>>
>>7400827
A slow cooker is not meant to boil, but simmer the food.. if you are not trolling then you should take a cooking class(es)
>>
At first I thought you wanted to cook something at a certain temperature for a long period of time.

Well anyways, I'm still going to suggest a sous vide machinei.
>>
If you burn the bottom it means your using too much heat.

You never Boil a stew anyway, you only braise or simmer them.
>>
>>7400827
Sous vide circulator. Check out Anova. Or use a slow cooker, or get an oven. There's only so many ways to apply heat to an object, so it's pretty hard to do this without an oven
>>
>>7401859
>>7401936

I use a Slow Cooker as my Sous Vide machine by plugging it into my sous vide temp controller.

My temp controller gives the crock pot power only enough to control the temp as I set it. and you keep a thermometer in the water bath.

You can also use this controller with a smaller Rice Cooker or a larger cooler or water chest with a water heater inside.
>>
>>7400827
once you reach initial boil, drop temp to simmer and let it go for 3+ hours. and stir your fucking stew you lazy cunt
>>
>>7400827

>The intent is to be able to make stews without burning the bottom. Reason I'm asking is because I don't have an oven.

I want to make a dish, for which a crock pot would be the perfect appliance to cook it in. But I don't want to use a crock pot, because I'm (Insert your favorite derogatory descriptor here)
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.