[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I get this shit at the local liquor store? I live in Utah
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: guiness-stout.jpg (205 KB, 1044x1556) Image search: [Google]
guiness-stout.jpg
205 KB, 1044x1556
Can I get this shit at the local liquor store? I live in Utah and Im new to beer.
>>
Start with something else if you are new to beer.
>>
File: st_patrick_murphys.jpg (79 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
st_patrick_murphys.jpg
79 KB, 800x600
>>
>>7398959
ive had lots of normal shit beers but Utah laws classify beer with high alcohol to be liquor so you have to buy good beer at the liquor store.

Utah actually has some famous breweries sadly haveny tried any yet
>>
Squatters brewers
>>
>>
I'm pretty sure every liquor store carries guinness.
>>
>>7398969
Guinness "Foreign" Stout has something like 8% alcohol. It's the one with the yellow label. I've never had it, can't find it.
>>
>>7398951
Depends on the laws there, where I am liquor stores don't sell beer. You'd have a better chance at a gas station, corner type store, or grocery store, it really depends on your state and local laws.
>>
If by some reason they don't have it at the liquor store, you can get them to order it for you. You'll have to commit to a full case if you do that.

Source: lived in SLC.
>>
>>7398951
Literally every liquor store everywhere carries Guinness.
>>
>>7399119
>>7399137
I was assuming here you actually wanted the Extra Stout. Unlikely that grocery stores will carry this, and of course it'll be at 3.2% ABV or whatever.
If you just want Guinness Draught, every store will have it.
>>
>>7399137
I would say the same thing but Utah is a strange place.
>>
Any other beers similar to Guinness?
>>
>>7399366
yeah, anything else in the "stout" style

guinness is a stout beer.

there are porters and stouts (closely related), ales, lagers, ipas, apas, malts
>>
lived in provo, liquor store actually had a pretty nice beer selection, including guinness. It's pretty standard
>>
>>7398959
Guinness is a good starting beer.
>>
>>7399375
depends on your taste. If you're not into thick beers it can give you a misleading idea of what most beers are like.
The preferred introduction is cheap mass produced swill drunk in excess starting at 14 years old. That way you understand why good beer is good.
>>
>>7399055
I had a bottle of the Nigerian version once. (Which is supposed to be really good - Nigeria apparently is really big on stouts)
It wasn't very good though. I think they didn't store it properly in the world market I bought it. They had a heating fan right above the beer shelf.
>>
>>7398959
This.
I broke my friend in with guinness.
He doesn't like beer now, sadly.
But I will continue in my search for a beer that he likes.
>>
>>7399375
No it's not, it's too dark.
>>
>>7399732
I started with Guinness. And now the only beer I like are stouts.
>>
>>7400176
There's your problem.
>>
File: medieval_vomit.jpg (69 KB, 520x236) Image search: [Google]
medieval_vomit.jpg
69 KB, 520x236
>>7398951
>shit
You got that right
>>
>>7398951
Won't know until you check
>>
>>7399366

This
>>7398960
is indeed similar. Look for stouts labeled 'dry stout'. If you can't find any look for stouts in the 4-6%-ish ABV range with descriptions of roasted character or coffee.
>>
File: 20160221_130035.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160221_130035.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
>>7398951
I dont know if you can find this in utah but hey, if you are new in beer this one is a good start, is a spanish beer.
>>
>>7399732
Malt is lot easier on newbs than hop.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.