[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/, I'm gonna be making steak for the first time tomorrow.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Strip-steak-MCB-MaggieO.jpg (490 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Strip-steak-MCB-MaggieO.jpg
490 KB, 1024x768
Hey /ck/, I'm gonna be making steak for the first time tomorrow. Any tips on how to make the perfect steak?
>>
Make sure it's near room temperature before you start to cook it. Cook on high heat, only move it when you're ready to flip.
>>
Put it in frozen and dry, flip frequently
>>
>>7396942
30min-1 hour before you plan to start cooking it, take it from the fridge and salt and pepper the fuck out of each side, let it sit

Put a few tablespoons of oil (I use vegetable, but /ck/ and chefs recoomend olive and peanut) in the pan and put it on about 85% heat. Let pan warm for 5 min

Place steak in pan and let it cook for 5 min on one side. Turn over and let cook for 4 min on other side.

remove from pan and place on aluminum foil

Rub 1tb of butter over steak.

Wrap in aluminum foil and let sit for 10 min.

Serve
>>
baste

baste like ur life depends on it
>>
>>7396942
cook until the steak is uniformly brown and chewy
>>
File: steak.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
steak.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ4xl7XJM08

this is how I cook all my steaks now
>>
room temp steak covered in salt, pepper, and oil (I like olive)
cast iron panon stove at medium heat and let pan heat up for 5-10 minutes.
place steak in pan for three minutes
flip
add 1/4 cup of butter to pan allow to melt and baste with butter for three minutes
near perfect blue to rare strip.
>>
>>7396987

9 minutes is a long time! Also totally depends on how thick the steak is...

But in general I agree!

Practice makes perfect.
>>
File: proto steak.jpg (110 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
proto steak.jpg
110 KB, 620x400
>>7396942
>making steak
Well, if you're gonna make it instead of cooking it, you'd start with one of these.
>>
>>7396987
9 minutes is way too long but otherwise this nails it

>>7397086
This would've been a great piece of information if it hadn't been bastardized by that retarded video
>>
>>7397148
>I can't use the method because it was presented to me in a way I didn't like.

I'm not saying the video was good, but he covers everything you need to do in a way that will keep the attention of the average four year old or 4chan user.
>>
>>7397107
>>7397148

For one inch steaks, i've found this does medium rare w/ maybe teetering on medium

when i give steak cooking advice, I always target medium-rare leaning towards medium as its more palatable to new cooking folk
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.