[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the strangest local restaurant around you? We&
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: Burger_Baron_building.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Burger_Baron_building.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
What's the strangest local restaurant around you?

We've got Burger Baron here:

>it’s less a franchise than it is a meme

http://www.calgaryherald.com/swerve/features/Burger+Baron+food+chain/8329346/story.html
>>
File: yankee_doodle.jpg (477 KB, 1296x968) Image search: [Google]
yankee_doodle.jpg
477 KB, 1296x968
I once went to a place called Yankee Doodle's in Alpine, Wyoming. Pretty much everything had an American flag on it, and I ate a shitty burger directly underneath a sign that said "Osama: 0; Navy SEALS: 1." Then I went to the liquor store/bar across the street, where I bought a bottle of Evan Williams and sat at the bar and drank it. Pretty neat, desu. Never been back to Wyoming since though.
>>
>>7395760
Franchises are always a meme. Broad recognition is kind of their thing.

I've got no strange local restaurants.
>>
>>7395828
Did you read the article? The whole point is that it's a bunch of completely unaffiliated restaurants run by different Lebanese guys using the same brand name.
>>
>>7395834
So it's like the Beto's of burgers?
>>
File: completelystraight.png (684 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
completelystraight.png
684 KB, 1280x800
Google "Cock of the Walk" in Ridgeland, MS.
It's hokey as fuck and weird to outsiders but it's damn delicious.
>>
>>7396041
I've been to the one in Nashville. All I remember about it is that the dining area felt kind of dirty.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.