[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my CSA got me 1 lb of sunchoke this week. I know I want to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: sunchokes-getty-foodcollection.jpg (25 KB, 640x451) Image search: [Google]
sunchokes-getty-foodcollection.jpg
25 KB, 640x451
So my CSA got me 1 lb of sunchoke this week. I know I want to roast them, but I have no idea what to serve them with. Suggestion?
>>
Some kind of meat and vegetables.
>>
>>7394806
I'll probably be roasting carrots along side the sunchokes (because, 2lb bag of carrots was in the same basket).

I just need an idea for the meat part.
>>
>>7394792
fish of some sort
>>
File: image.jpg (196 KB, 750x585) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196 KB, 750x585
Pork roast like pic related. Put it on top of the vegetables so the fat drips down.
>>
plan to plant some of these when the snow melts and the dirt warms a bit

interested in this thread
>>
>>7398362
I'm going to serve them along with beer braised beef.

I tend to just toss them with some butter, salt and pepper and finish them in the oven. They're delicous.

Just be careful the first time you eat them.. the peel is edible but contains loads of inulin so they can have a rather laxative effect if you over do it.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.