[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 200x124) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 200x124
Let's get one of these going.. last one was strictly about meatloaf.
>>
Is it safe to eat frozen green beans if they're 5 months past the best before date?
>>
What the fuck do I do with a pound of cornstarch?
>>
>>7394121
Yes but they may be kind of freezer burned depending on how well the bag was sealed.
>>
>>7394125
It lasts for a long time, just hold on to it until you need it for something.
>>
>>7394131

What actually is freezer burn? Notice it most on ice cream where it goes weirdly dry and fluffy.
>>
>>7394121
Yes, however it may be freezer burned. If it's caked with ice crystals I would probably chuck them as the taste would be bland.

>>7394125
No idea. You can find use for it outside of the kitchen like removing blood stains from your white tees ... I hardly use it desu.
>>
>>7394125
Make non-newtonian fluid. Enjoy science experiment. Don't enjoy the mess.
>>
Anyone wanna trade several food staples/variants?
Ausfag here.
>>
>>7394142
It's when too much air gets to the surface of something while it's frozen and starts to oxidize and dry it out. It's still safe to eat, it can just affect the flavor and texture negatively.
>>
Casual cook here with a serious question: would you consider slow cooking 8oz chicken breasts and how would you prepare it?

I got one for Christmas and haven't used it yet and was thinking of making a chicken parm of some sorts.
>>
>>7394131
>>7394145
Well I just finished cooking them. They were pretty covered with ice crystals but they weren't too bland.
>>
>>7394280
Ice crystals are not freezer burn. Freezer burned foods will look burned, usually turning white or brown and being visibly dried out.
>>
I got braces and cant chew anything, cant open my mouth too far and the tongue has restricted movement
So far i lived on mashed potaotes, mashed canned tuna, applesauce, puddings, pureed soups and juice and i want to expand my menu.
Nothing that likes to get stuck in teeth, needs chewing or is a bitch to clean
>>
>>7394262

i did teryaki chicken in a slow cooker once, it went for too long and turned super tender like if was making pulled pork out of a pork shoulder.

it came out pretty good
>>
>>7394348
I actually did that once too. Made teriyaki chicken in the crock pot and left it in too long. Ended up pulling it apart and eating it as tacos with some asian slaw I made out of napa cabbage.

Was pretty tasty, might need to make it again soon.
>>
>>7394262
at that size, even on low heat it'll get done fairly quickly, like an hour at most. and if you're doing a breaded chicken like chicken parm, then you really need to use a fairly hot oil or the breading will soak up too much oil instead of becoming crispy

>>7394320
I'd imagin you could have properly cooked fish, with it being all perfectly cooked and flaky you could aproximate chewing by mashing it with your tongue
>>
>>7394262
You can slow cook chicken breast, but it's not the best cut to use. You want something tough to slow cook, so the collagen can break down.

You don't cook chicken parm in a slow-cooker, though.
>>
File: 1439931606220.jpg (23 KB, 594x334) Image search: [Google]
1439931606220.jpg
23 KB, 594x334
Asked this in Alcoholic General, but...
what am I drinking tonight, Evan Williams or Black Velvet whiskey? I got cola and lemon for the Evan already but the black velvet is cheaper so I can afford to get a juice chase with it like OJ. What do? Which will lead to fewer whiskey shits the next day?

>inb4 doesn't matter both rotgut
>>
File: soju.png (1 MB, 562x1445) Image search: [Google]
soju.png
1 MB, 562x1445
So when I get Soju at bars, it comes in a bottle like the top picture. Milky, fruity, and really easy to drink.

When I go to get it at an Asian market, It's basically vodka and comes something like the bottle below.

What should I mix the straight soju with to get the mixed? Milk? Calpico?
>>
>>7395044
>should i add milk?
so gross dude.

you're not getting the unfiltered kind. sake is the same, you can get the clarified stuff or the milky creamy unfiltered kind. It's probably in the refrigerated alcohol section
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.