[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American Food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 21H4fOXc+YL.jpg (7 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
21H4fOXc+YL.jpg
7 KB, 220x220
OK. I'm making fried rice and Gen. Tso's chicken from scratch.
Problem is I don't know how much MSG restaurants put in fried rice and genTso. Anyone know? 1/4 tsp or 1/2? Anyone with actual experience would be awesome. Just give me the amount of MSG per oz.lbs.kg or whatever and I can convert the measurements to how much I'm making.
Also, I bought the snack "Bugels" and they still use MSG in their crisps. One of the few that does. I'd say 95% of the USA market turned away from 1990's unhealthy recipes. I'm glad because once they took out all the "bad" ingredients all the snacks became gross.6 foot one inch and 155 lbs person reporting. I need my fat and MSG. People who overeat and get fat make it so that all the snaks are now gluten free and/or carb free/ fat free. Kills it for normal people who can control the amount of intake.
I get gross under flavored shit because are forced to make their products shit taste and "healthy" because their consumers cant fucking stop stuffing their fat fucking faces.
>>
>>7393834
2 tsp
>>
>>7393834
Add a little at a time and taste as you go.
>>
>>7393861
>2tsps
To what?!

I have 4 cups of jasmine rice
I'm adding small diced chicken, diced carrots, little corn, some diced shroom, peas, green onion bits, and scramble egg. Adding soy sauce and frying rice in chili oil. The eggs have some turmeric in it as well.

I've made it before and turned out AMAZING but I I thought it would be better with the MSG to draw out more flavor. After all ingredients the total amount would be about 7-8 cups of product. Or about 1 pound of rice/veggies
>>
>>7393878
The problem is that you have all your ingredients in front of you first.
Actual cook time in the Wok is literally a few minutes just to bring it all together
So ... I can't exactly "taste it as I go" since its such a short process.

The lengthy part is prep, not cooking. I can't exactly check the taste in the prep stage.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.