[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No-Yeast Pizza
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1312329837597245.jpg (291 KB, 731x1024) Image search: [Google]
1312329837597245.jpg
291 KB, 731x1024
Any good no-yeast pizza dough recipes?
I like to make pizza at home, but I often want it on the spur of the moment.

I recently tried the Cook's Country "St. Louis Style" dough recipe with fairly good results. I was just wondering if any of you fine folks might have some alternative methods.
>>
>>7393328
Lets see a pic of those fairly good results.
>>
>>7393332
Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos of my first attempt. I plan on doing a full cook-along thread in the near future now that I know it's worth the time.
>>
>>7393342
Cool. I'm curoius though, with a no yeast approach are you trying to shave off a few hours (2-3) or the whole rise overnight (12+). Maybe confusing. I'm getting at how some people insist that pizza dough can't be good unless you sit it in the fridge for a day or something. I disagree. I make my dough at around 5 pm and have my pizza baked by 9 pm. And it is delicious. Maybe it could be better with more time to develop, but I like it very much already with just a few hours of rise.
>>
>>7393356
I've always done the overnight proof, so I was looking of something that I could do in an hour or so start to finish. The recipe I used definitely achieved that. The crust had a nice cracker-like texture, but it lacked a bit in the flavor department. I was thinking of using a somewhat tame lager instead of water next time to add some character.
>>
>>7393328
Use low hydration (around 60%) and sodium bicarbonate if you want a thick fluffy crust, if you want a very thin crust leave out the sodium bicarbonate and use high hydration (around 80%).
>>
>>7393384
That is good information. I'm definitely going to give the fluffy method a shot.
>>
Make dough. Freeze into balls. Take out the night before.
>>
>>7393413
You don't even need to let it rest for more than 20 minutes for the gluten network to develop, just wrap it in some film for that time and roll it after it's done. Low hydration will make it almost impossible for you to roll it thin and the sodium bicarbonate will prevent it from becoming a gluten brick.

Can't remember the exact ratio of sodium bicarbonate so just look it up.
>>
>>7393506
Also, post results once it's done.
>>
I've seen cauliflower crust recipes
Maybe try that?
>>
>>7393582

> cauliflower crust

maybe try suicide
>>
>>7393877
You're trying very hard to force this. Why?
>>
>>7393328
Kenji Memepez-Alt's tortilla pizza recipe is a good place to start. You're going to be sacrificing quality anyway. This way you're doing a fraction of the work for an only marginally worse

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/10/extra-crispy-bar-style-tortilla-pizza-recipe.html

>>7393891
Look man, no one shitposts on /ck/ if their life is going well. Successfully forcing a meme on a low-tier board of a site that hasn't been truly relevant in 7 or 8 years is the greatest achievement he can realistically hope for.
>>
>>7393328
Just make up your favorite yeast dough, divide it into portions, and freeze it in ziploc separated with parchment paper. It will thaw fairly quickly at room temp, and you can use it as normal.
>>
>>7393423
dont freeze your balls, that isnt very safe
>>
i have only ever used no-yeast dough. mostly because im a peasant. ive made pizza doughs from blended oatmeal, flour, breadcrumbs. is there a secret? no. the dough is tough and i knead it for a long time even though kneading course dough doesnt give obvious results. im mostly trying to develop as much gluten and starch as possible so i can stretch it without breaking it.

the hardest part is stretching the dough (again, using bastard and unmeasured doughs like i do, this is trouble). oil your pizzapan and use the oil to distribute the dough in a circular shape. eventually you will have a small circle and you will think its impossible to stretch it further. go outside and have a beer (but if you have beer why dont you have yeast you dim fuck?). after the beer, go inside and start stretching it again until youve covered the pizza sheet or you are 100% confident it cant get thinner. at this point put the bread into the preheated oven before topping it, just to consolidate before adding wet ingredients, because the thin bread might become soggy otherwise. after it has a very light crusting, take it out, top it, maybe a salt/oil brush on the rim crust, or eggwash. cook until done.

im not classically trained cooking unyeasted pizza. but ive made a lot of peasant flatbreads in my time. one nice thing about flatbread is you can knead or moisten it with oil for a flaky texture
>>
>no-yeast
watta disease!!!!!@o@
>>
FAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
NoYeast Pizza is heavily guilty -o-
>>
You can literally use a recipe for crackers.
>>
File: Flammkuchen.jpg (238 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
Flammkuchen.jpg
238 KB, 550x400
Who /flammkuchen/?
>>
>>7393379
I think you're on to something there. I've gone direct from mixing regular dough to rolling it out and baking in about half an hour, and it works fine for a thin crust but tastes bland.
>>
File: 1407747785822.jpg (45 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1407747785822.jpg
45 KB, 400x300
>>7395580
>>
>>7396524
original elsässer flammkuchen, and even when you want to make one at home they are easy and quick to make.
>>
>>7396524
I don't know what's in it but it looks good
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.