[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do some places serve wings with the flats and drumstick separated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (183 KB, 590x590) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183 KB, 590x590
Why do some places serve wings with the flats and drumstick separated? I prefer to have the whole wing, especially if they're breaded. Pic related is captain jays from east side of Detroit. Full wing so you can nibble on the wing tip.

Chicken wing thread btw
>>
Who the fuck "nibbles on the wingtip?"

>detroit
>>
Pok Pok doesn't if you ever get the chance to go there. Oh man, best wings I've ever had.
>>
>>7391577
I've generally seen them separated if they're buffalo wings or served as an appetizer.
>>
>>7391577
>actually being this autistic
>>
>>7391577
Duuuuuuude.
Seriously, though. I always do whole wings. Whole wings are 1000000000000% superior. More juicines, more flavor, better rate of cooking, easier to cook, dip, cook, dip.
People who argue against whole wings are fucking pussies who only care about their picking eating preference.
>>
Your wings are moldy, OP.

Also wingtips are pretty much straight cartilage.
>>
>>7391598
I've heard they're good. Place is always packed though, I never feel like waiting.
>>
>>7391577
>whole wing

No, that;s retarded. If they are wet with sauce, I have to separate it by hand when I'm eating and it's extra messy for no reason. But yeah, I hate it when they get rid of the wing tips. There is a little meat there and it's good nibblins.
>>
>>7391962
Just gotta make the reservation. They force you to order 25 dollars per person though.
>>
>>7391577

some places probably save the wingtips for stock
>>
>>7391577
I'm glad that they take off the wing tips in the US so they don't charge you the extra weight for a worthless part
>>
>>7391596
I like to
It's pretty much just skin and sauce
>>
>be Dennys cook
>server comes with an order for wings, all flats or all drums. Server knows manager does portioning from in the day, i have little plastic bags of wing orders already weighed
>do the regular portion of wings anyways, fuck that pain in the ass guest
>>
>>7391942
That's lemon pepper
>>
File: 20160215_162643-2500x2000.jpg (1 MB, 2500x2000) Image search: [Google]
20160215_162643-2500x2000.jpg
1 MB, 2500x2000
>>7391577
I agree that while wings are better and i also love nibbling on the wing tips. Pic related, some wings i grilled earlier this week. I love that burned bbq sauce taste
>>
File: 20160215_165036-1.jpg (4 MB, 2501x1854) Image search: [Google]
20160215_165036-1.jpg
4 MB, 2501x1854
>>7393997
Also grilled some hearts. Cheap, delicious protein, great with a variety of condiments or straight off the grill
>>
>>7391577
Why are these covered in sand?
>>
>>7394013
God damn what a stupid question
>>
>>7394007

>with a variety of condiments or straight off the grill

Damn, now I want that.

Grill is still covered in a layer of snow/ice...
>>
>>7392012
this
>>
>>7394022
There's a Brazilian steakhouse near me that serves hearts. They're delicious when they're first grilled but usually they're cooked to death since no one orders them and they've been on the grill all night.
>>
Flats suck. Drumstick is best wingpiece.

Fight me.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.