[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japanese Curry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: 81brnrGuINL._SX425_.jpg (28 KB, 425x211) Image search: [Google]
81brnrGuINL._SX425_.jpg
28 KB, 425x211
What do you guys add to your japanese curry? Standard potatoes, onions, carrots and meat?
>>
>>7391177
I like to do chicken, just two onions, some garlic and scallions
every now and then I add a few raisins
>>
>>7391177
ketchup
>>
I usually do potato, onion, carrot, apple, and then do the meat separately if I feel like it.
>>
Grated apple and honey
>>
Some chopped tomato
>>
>>7391177
tablespoon ketchup, tablespoon soy sauce, chicken, salt, pepper, an apple or two, honey, some more pepper because i like it.
>>
>>7391177
yes +soy sauce, chocolate, minced ginger, sliced apple, bay leaf, chicken stock
>>
>>7391177
Bell peppers when I have some.
>>
We use hotdogs instead of chicken or beef. We were kind of poor when we started doing that but now the taste has grown on us. Kind of like sausage in jambalaya.
>>
Fuji Pear anyone?
>>
>>7391177
Add? I'd add it to a garbage can, J curry sucks the big D.
>>
>>7391277
Those are good, same with Fuji apples but they don't belong in curry. You can add all the stuff you want to crap but it's still crap and would be a waste of fuji pears and apples.
>>
File: IMG_58881.jpg (106 KB, 620x414) Image search: [Google]
IMG_58881.jpg
106 KB, 620x414
pic related. it really soaks up the sauce.

Sometimes peanut butter because muh protein.
>>
I make curry from better countries
>>
>>7391500
Bruh, Japanese curry is a thing of it's it own. Are you a bong or something?
>>
File: 1444458961268.png (92 KB, 974x674) Image search: [Google]
1444458961268.png
92 KB, 974x674
>Born and raised in Japan until adulthood
>Mom used to always make curry
>See this thread
>Stomach rumbles
>All I had to eat this week was Army food
>>
>>7391513
nigga give me an answer please! are you supposed to mix the rice in with the sauce as you eat or treat the rice as a separate side dish?
>>
>>7391177
gotta add steak/roast m8
>>
>>7391527
I'm not that Jap but you make the sauce and shit together and put a rice bed or a rice side and pour it on it or next to it.
>>
>>7391177
I just make the sauce and dip my pizza into it
>>
>>7391546
but do you for example, take a spoon of rice and swoosh it through the sauce before you eat it, or is that offensive?
>>
>>7391554
That's no problem but it's for presentation.
>>
>>7391554
literally do whatever you want. it's your food. in your house.
>>
>>7391560
Right but they're asking what is traditional. Like I don't care if you put tuna in your chili, you can do what you want, but don't act surprised when you look out of place.
>>
>>7391177

I go with chunks of pork loin, onions, carrots, and eggplant. You just have to be careful not to overcook the eggplant, otherwise it just disintegrates into the curry.
>>
>>7391580
traditions and customs just make life more confusing than it needs to be. as if we needed more arbitrary reasons to feel self conscious.
>>
>>7391611
Do what you want then, familam. It's not like people developed traditions and customs for a reason. It was all just to trigger you.
>>
>>7391629
What were those reasons?
>>
>>7391690
In-group bonding.
>>
reaper pepper oil

"extra hot" curry is a fucking joke, but goddamn, it is tasty
>>
>>7391698
Are you sure it's not the other way around? How often do we have nice bonding moments about real chilli on /ck/? How often is it just endless arguing about beans and tuna?
>>
>>7391219
Apple chunks are much better when you combine it with a spicy curry. Most bits are spicy but then every so often you get a sweet bite because you can't tell the difference between the potatoes and apple
>>
>>7391280
No u
>>
>>7391386
I personally use regular squash but I'll look into adding butternut as well. I hate doubling up on starch. Potato and rice? It's a little much for me.
>>
>>7391177
Burgers
>>
Isn't there a shit ton of sodium in this?
>>
Beef, onions, potatoes, carrots, and occasionally celery.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.