[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you like school cafeteria food?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (204 KB, 1242x1293) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204 KB, 1242x1293
Everyone seems to compete about how bad it was. But I actually liked it. Not gourmet level, but wtf Im still alive :D
>>
>>7390467
I just think about other people ate actual food and there I was eating square pizza
>>
>>7390467
>Everyone
>competing

Barely, Stosh,
>>
It was literally free food
>>
I thought school food was always good. I just think it was a horrible injustice that I had to enjoy it in such a place with such company. The only worse place to eat in that regard I've been to was in the army. I imagine prison would be about as bad in being a glum enviroment full of piggish idiots.
>>
There's a certain nostalgia to it, which I wouldn't want to ruin by trying it again and seeing how bad it is.

I also didn't eat school lunch after elementary school (well, I might have in middle school, but I've pretty much blocked those years from my memory).
>>
>>7390509
>there I was eating square pizza

the square pizza was good you fucking nigger dont even try to deny it
>>
>>7390467
I went to private school and even though it was a lot better than other schools I had the misfortune of experiencing, people still complained
when I got to the amazing upper school cafeteria, they had ripped out all of the good stuff (nacho machine, drink fountain with soda) and introduced a new cooking staff (some sodexo bullshit if I remember)
We had to literally fight to get chicken sandwiches back, and it was a special occasion anytime we had food that wasn't the basic random casserole slop, turkey tetrazini, or chicken pot pie-- the kind they bake in a gigantic dish and spoon out the weird insides because the crust is always gone
>>
I went to a school that has free food that sucked so bad. Then they have a small window that you can order food from, cooked to order but costs a fortune. Most kids either bring their own lunch or purchased it. The only time anyone eats the free food is when there's anything fried.
>>
As an military kid, I school hopped all the time. As a result I can tell you that the food really does vary from county to county & state to state, but at the end of the day its the school's atmosphere and social climate that really decides how a kid feels, & an opinion will be formed on the food before anything else, at least consciously
>>
>>7390467
Disappointed to learn that Elin did not accidentally fall into a vat and get made into a school meal.
>>
I remember the smell of public school oatmeal for the breakfasts. Oatmeal still nauseates me to this day.
>>
This one time I opened one of those tiny chocolate milk cartons and inside there was this quarter sized thing. It was green like snot and red like blood. I never had school lunch again.
>>
>>7390771
>Disappointed to learn that Elin did not accidentally fall into a vat and get made into a school meal.
I'm pretty sure she got brutally raped and murdered by the same Muslims she campaigned so hard to bring into Scandinavia.
>>
My school lunches weren't half bad. Also if you didn't have lunch money you got a slice of American cheese between two slices of bread, and sometimes there was an orange wedge.
>>
>>7390467
Are school cafeterias like in movies actually a thing?
>>
>>7390467
>school
I remember in the 70s in England, we had liver and onions a lot. I liked it, but not so much now.
>>
>>7390467
With the exception of pizza, they weren't decent until high school. But I had to pay for lunch in high school so I wouldn't have lunch that often.
>>
I went to school in two different counties right next to each other and the difference was night and day.
Elementary to High School #1 was great. Different food every day all of it decent, and there were some alternative choices in HS, like a salad line, or the sandwich line.
And in the next county, the quality of the food took a nose dive and they had in on a weekly rotation. Every Monday was the same thing, every Tuesday, Etc.
Eventually I said fuck it and just got a coffee from the library. Community House French Vanilla, good shit.
>>
I would always get Tyson spicy chicken sandwiches+fries unless they were serving orange chicken /w rice & veg or country fried steak and potatos o'brien. Everything else was bad.
>>
It's was really good, they got the best porotos con riendas (beans with noodles) I had ever ate.
>>
File: WarrenMottHigh.jpg (176 KB, 1295x1347) Image search: [Google]
WarrenMottHigh.jpg
176 KB, 1295x1347
>>7390467
>But I actually liked it.

Class of 1986 here, and I remember school lunches as being decent if not pretty good.

In elementary we had these twice baked mashed potatoes, that consisted of an ice scoop of mashed potatoes baked with a bit of paprika sprinkled on top and in high school, we had an awesome "crazy bread", which was pretty much cheese pizza without the tomato sauce.
>>
>>7391455
>I remember in the 70s in England,
Me too.
I remember the liver and onions and we used to have a nice pie that came in a large tray scored into squares.. There was something wrong with school mashed potato, (from the ice-cream scoop) . .. it put me off for years, we used to have some good deserts too, minty custard!
>>
I loved the cafeteria food at my school, except for the watery puke-worthy spaghetti sauce.

It was an Asian school so their attempt as western dishes was not that great.

The rest of it though was fantastic. Fried rice, curries, noodles, Asam laksa, Nasi lemak and other local goodies. Always looked forward to lunch time.
>>
>>7390467
As stupid as it sounds I kind of liked that crappy square pizza.
>>
>>7390467
Faggots. Either you eat it because it's free or you do like 70% of my class did and escape to the local burger joint. I didn't because it's free food and I'm not a retard.
>>
>>7390533
>I thought school food was always good. I just think it was a horrible injustice that I had to enjoy it in such a place with such company. The only worse place to eat in that regard I've been to was in the army. I imagine prison would be about as bad in being a glum enviroment full of piggish idiots.

I liked eating the chow hall during Basic. Nobody was allowed to talk. You just sit down, drink a full glass of water, eat as much as possible in ~3 minutes, drink the other glass of water, and GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY GODDAMN MESS HALL, PRINCESS.

Just the silence and the pure focus on nothing but food made it the best dining atmosphere ever. That, and hearing other people get yelled at to the point of tears was pretty entertaining.
>>
their puddings were always p solid

apart from that one that was a little plastic ramekin with some squirty cream and hundreds nd thousands, what the FUCK was that dinnerladies.

i was fucking crazy about chocolate cake with chocolate custard, or spotted dick or jam tarts or bananas and custard or whatever.

i honestly don't really remember the savoury food that well in primary school. in secondary school we had a lot of lasagne and moussaka. there was a pasta cart that said 'healthy tasty fasta pasta' where you could get packet carbonara or meatballs the size of peas. later on there was a wrap station and a jacket potato station but i'd stopped having school dinners then.

every now and then we had 'america day' which was burgers and fried chicken and curly fries.

the tuckshop had chocolate doughnuts and square pizza.
>>
>>7392797

> plastic ramekin with some squirty cream and hundreds nd thousands, what the FUCK was that dinnerladies.

forgot to mention the lime jelly
>>
I left school two years ago here in Ireland.

Most places sold sandwiches usually rolls with chicken and stuffing or ham and cheese.

Hot food would be something like pasta or curry but i can't say it was particularly good. Probably prepackaged come to think of it.

I went to two schools and one had hot soup as well. That was actually pretty good
>>
>>7392770
>>>7390467 (OP)
>Faggots. Either you eat it because it's free or you do like 70% of my class did and escape to the local burger joint. I didn't because it's free food and I'm not a retard.
> escape to the local burger joint

Kind of difficult when there's nothing but woods and a Dollar General within miles of the school and you're not allowed to drive your car to school. We had fun sneaking into the woods and smoking by the creek during lunch tho.
>>
>>7390467
I really liked my schools grilled cheeses. best I ever had have been trying to replicate them since. recently I tried something new and realized that they didn't grill but baked the sandwiches. so I'm getting closer but it's still not quite there yet. it's got almost the right texture now just have to play around and get the flavors right
>>
File: 1453071616166.jpg (400 KB, 1000x1288) Image search: [Google]
1453071616166.jpg
400 KB, 1000x1288
I never ate lunch in high school because I always had lunch at 10:30. All four years.
>>
Lived in norway and sweden during my upbringing and several other countries. But i remember the usual lunch in norway was a so called "matpakke" which consisted of some sandwiches with some cheese and/or salami.
Getting free lunches in sweden was a god send. Atleast three different lunches and if you Came early you could get some breakfast. Lived in norway 87-94 96-98 and sweden 00-14
>>
>>7390467

Just a smuckers uncrustable and a chocolate milk. Can't beat that gourmet tier treat.
>>
>>7390467

My school district's food was actually pretty damn good.

Though I've heard it's gone way down hill since I graduated ten years ago.
>>
A guy in my school always used to touch his food to his chin before each bite. Really put me off my food.
>>
>>7393172
I'm so sorry for your loss.
>>
>>7390467
It was pretty good some days.

Do long it wasn't "pizza" or "hamburger" day.
>>
The only things they served in my schools were things like those ultra low quality "chicken" patties you can tell are more bone pulp than meat, "pizza" which was bland, chewy, and had rancid wax for cheese (I'll never understand how people claim this shit was good), burgers that would have been okay-ish if they weren't both soggy and dried the fuck out at the same time, and french fries that I'm pretty sure they just boiled in water and put under heat lamps. I was a poorfag as a kid with free lunch though, so I used to just sell my lunch to fatasses who wanted more and use the money to get snacks.
>>
>>7393206
Everybody Loves Raymond
>>
>>7391999
>trips

'86 here too. Loved cafeteria food. The bread rolls were awesome.
>>
>>7393206
things can look weird out of context..

He's long retired, but -- for years -- we had a guy where I worked who would walk around his car twice before getting into it and driving home.. He was older and we just made jokes about him. this went on & on for along time until his retirement party and his friend, who was there for the party & didnt work there, told us how he accidently backed over his only grandchild & crushed her.

We never laughed at his 'sillyness' again. I'm sorry Avery.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.