[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/, i wanna make some teriyaki today and have no recipe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 22nd_June_2012_Teriyaki_Duck.jpg (1 MB, 4368x2912) Image search: [Google]
22nd_June_2012_Teriyaki_Duck.jpg
1 MB, 4368x2912
Hey /ck/, i wanna make some teriyaki today and have no recipe at all. Help me out with tips or share suggestions.
I plan on making the sauce and marinating fine slices of tenderloin for like half and hour only and then cooking it along with paprika, pepperoni, scallions and carrots and then serve with rice.
Any improvements?
>>
soy sauce brown sugar ginger garlic
>>
you really dont need to marinate the beef / chicken / pork for a good stir fry

just cook it slow so it remains tender and then mix the meat in with the vegetable/sauce combo when they are ready

i used to flip out over how to marinate the right way and was never quite satisfied. turns out you really dont need to
>>
>>7389180
Okay, i was thinking about not doing it too since tenderloin already is tender to begin with.
I want the vegetables to remain crispy and fresh but a little cooked, ill mix it in a minute or two before its done i guess

>>7389173
Ill use some honey and ginger too since i have it on hand. Also what difference in taste does red wine do over Sake?
>>
>>7389206
Sake is bland alcohol, a little sweet. Red wine is more like vinegar. There are many things yo udont want to use red wine with, and one of them is a Teriyaki dish.
>>
>>7389206
Oh also, a restaurant secret (not really a secret though) is to use corn starch to thicken up a marinade / sauce. if the liquid is too much and you are done cooking stir in some corn starch and it will thicken up your sauce.

you can also add it before adding your sauce to heat.
>>
>>7389216
So I guess i just skip it all together and go the garlic, soy, ginger, sugar honey Route?
>>
>>7389292
soy, garlic, ginger and your choice of either honey or sugar

i use either, depending on my mood

if you have sake may as well use some in the sauce.
>>
Till now it turned out to taste like a whole lot of salt. Like real bad. Sweetened to hell but doesnt work. Lets See how it ends
>>
>>7389392
Just rinse off your veggies if you already started cooking and make a new sauce.

Use less soy and more of everything else.
>>
>>7389397
More of the spices, that is. sounds like you already used a lot of sugar.

Dont be afraid to pour a lot of ginger in there. and garlic too. Stir it, then try it.
>>
>>7389400
I got the right amount of garlic and ginger, i can distinctively taste it but i just cant get rid of all the saltiness. Since i didnt spice it doing it again wouldnt yield a different result i guess. I used some generic japanese soy sauce. Shoyu. Is that maybe a wrong kind?
It also might turn out decent if I Cook my ingredients in it
>>
>>7389484
Well, what you do going forward is up to you, but you learned a valuable cooking lesson, and that is: pay attention to the fucking salt content in anything you use. Any ingredient.
>>
>>7389400
>>7389397
Also approx.
1 clove garlic
1 thumb sized ginger, shredded
tbsp honey
~tbsp brown sugar
And some more honey and sugar after tasting. Just threw everything in at once and simmered on just below medium.
>>
>>7389500
That's a lot of sugar but if you like that taste, fine. But in the future, go easier on the soy. It is salty stuff. I feel like I should have warned you, but... at least you learned.
>>
>>7389493
Yeah, thats why I love trying out things i have no idea about. You fuck it up to some major extend and learn so much from it
>>
>>7389051
I had duck once, it was like chewing on rubber that tasted like fish.
>>
>>7389508
How did the tenderness of the meat turn out at least?
>>
>>7389507
>>7389500
Im on a hurry, so i also forgot its just 100ml soy
>>
Use honey, it makes The meat really soft
>>
>>7389051

Heat equal parts (by volume) soy sauce and sugar, with grated ginger to taste.

Most people underestimate how much sugar you need to use.
>>
just plz dont use sugar, use honey if you have it, taste way better
>>
>>7389515
Hold up, ill remake the sauce. I only prepared the sauce beforehand and did not throw anything in yet
>>
>>7389543
Well, good.
>>
File: DSC_0019.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0019.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
This time around i used light soy sauce because ive read that its supposed to be less salty and added only honey from the get go. Also left out the starch and made it more liquid. Turned out better, still pretty salty. When combined with the meat and veggies it was pretty tasty but my dumb ass cooked the onions for too long. I guess the Sake would have eliminated the salty taste all together.
Will do again
>>
>>7389913

Light soy sauce is more salty.
>>
>>7389962
I heard you can remove some of the salt by letting it sit in bread for 30 minutes.
>>
File: hbb sketti.gif (309 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
hbb sketti.gif
309 KB, 300x400
>>7389913

>you know it's done when it sticks to the wall
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.