[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In terms of culinary uses, is there a big difference between
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: Porkchop.webm (2 MB, 336x336) Image search: [Google]
Porkchop.webm
2 MB, 336x336
In terms of culinary uses, is there a big difference between sugar and honey? What I mean is that adding a little sugar to your meat makes it more tender, but does honey have the same effect? Or do you really need sugar for that?
>>
God damn.

Even non-shitposting threads go completely retarded during 'straya hours.
>>
idk what to say, even wiki would say that honey and HFC syrup are chemically the same. use your intuition and try

also that was way too much fucking cayenne pepper. is he trying to empty out the building?
>>
honey is sugar free
>>
Oh lol.

Ok, assuming you ask seriously.
Honey has a specific flavor on top of sugar's generic sweet.

It's often used with meat, and the flavor definitely has an influence, but not a bad one.

You'll get different results than with sugar, but not worse. Use your discretion.
>>
Honey also has water in it, so you might have to reduce the other wet ingredients (which might throw off the ph if any of them are acidic.) So experiment before you go full production.
>>
Honey is nice and slimy, not like those hard grains of sugar that hurt my soft tissues when i go at it.
>>
>>7388612
You will definitely get worse results compared to sugar in some cases. Sometimes due to the fact it's not a solid but also because the flavour of honey is much more fragrant. Also, sugar tends to enhance the flavour of the primary ingredient while honey stands on its own.

But honey does tenderise meat.
>>
File: 1402242907065.png (169 KB, 500x485) Image search: [Google]
1402242907065.png
169 KB, 500x485
OP here. I just made the recipe in the OP gif with honey instead of sugar and fucking hell, it was great. The sweetness and spicyness blend together awesomely.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.