[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best zero-calorie sweetener?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: packets-big.jpg (71 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
packets-big.jpg
71 KB, 960x720
What is the best zero-calorie sweetener?
>>
Any sweetener with the main ingredient ending in 'ol' will give you gas and could cause digestive issues if consumed regularly and in excess.
But it's your body so do what you want.

There's nothing wrong with natural sugar when consumed in moderation.
>>
splenda.

i remember thinking splenda had a weird metallic taste when i first tried it, but that quickly disappeared as i got used to it.
>>
It's better to use high calorie, natural unrefined sweetener sparingly.

Sugar is up there with crack and opiates. Just get used to food tasting like jej or eat a lot more potassium and put salt on everything if your family doesn't have heart issues.
>>
>>7388031
After I looked in to it, it has more carbs than sweet N low
>>
>>7388034

i frequently test my blood sugar.

splenda has no effect. what carbs it has is negligible.
>>
Vodka
>>
>>7388025
>unironically advising alcoholics not to eat sugar alcohols
>>
>>7388025
>stevia
>aspartame
>saccharin
>sucralose

none of the sweeteners in OPs image are even sugar alcohols dude
>>
>>7387998
Mixtures are the best, one by themselves mostly ends up with an odd after taste.
>sucralose and erythritol
popular 'bulking' sweetener swerve uses this
>sucralose and acesulfame potassium
>aspartame and acesulfame potassium
coke zero uses this mix, diet coke is just straight aspartame
>stevia and erythritol
This is what truvia is
>aspartame and sorbitol
>xylitol and erythritol
most mints use this due to their cooling effects
>>
>>7388034
the granulated or liquid versions have no carbs, the powdered version has maltodextrin in it to prevent clumping and allow for the powdered effect.
>>
tetrodotoxin is probably the most realistic sweetener if you don't mind using it in flakes.
>>
lead acetate
>>
Oh also forgot, isomalto-oligosaccharide it's what quest uses to make their protein bars.
>>
>>7388439
This is handy info for anyone with IBS. Thanx.
>>
>>7387998
I switched from various aspartame based ones to stevia. Constant heartburns are a thing of the past.

Aspartame is about the most acidic of food products available, more so than vinegar or citric acid, not causing more serious problems only because you use so little of it.

Stevia is mildly alkaline.
>>
File: honeypot.jpg (26 KB, 680x400) Image search: [Google]
honeypot.jpg
26 KB, 680x400
this
>>
>>7388633
>zero-calorie
>>
File: Sugar-Cubes.jpg (151 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
Sugar-Cubes.jpg
151 KB, 2197x1463
There are only 9 calories in a cube of sugar which would take less than two minutes to walk off.
>>
File: fit-drink.jpg (443 KB, 936x1319) Image search: [Google]
fit-drink.jpg
443 KB, 936x1319
>Stevia
>Aspartame

Everything else is mostly shit or the taste is too identifiable/false

>>7388411
I don't know enough about the chemistry to verify this but that's interesting input
>>
>>7387998
Stevia has the smallest health footprint of any sweetener. It is not horribly sweet though and it tends to kind of sink when dissolved in water. Good for baking though.
>>
>>7388685
Except that white sugar is turned directly to glycogen in the gut and is only burned after all available energy from fats are expended
>>
>>7388805
ACKSHUALLY it being a simple carb means the energy gets expended immediately
>>
>>7388858
>Sugar doesn't make you fat because it gets expended immediately
I don't even
>>
I use aspartame because it's like 2 bucks at walmart, but I need 4 packets per drink, so maybe I'm being ripped off, and should try a name brand aspartame like NutraSweet.

splenda is also good. My protein powder has splenda and it is very sweet without any aftertaste.
>>
Piss
>>
>>7388858
I avoid sugar because it's bad for the teeth, not because it fattening (which it isn't in moderate amounts.

MY teeth are very important to me. They are alive! I don't want dead teeth in my mouth, or dentures.
>>
>>7388805
lol. I'd love to see you try to find a source to verify that stupidity. every parent knows what happens when they give their kids sugar. It's immediate energy. The exact opposite of your claim. kek.
>>
>>7388805
>Except that white sugar is turned directly to glycogen in the gut and is only burned after all available energy from fats are expended

You got it backwards. All dietary fat is stored first, and burned gradually in the body. many organs, like the heart, use fat as a source of energy. For exercise and moving around, the body uses sugars, or the glycogen gas tank. When glycogen levels are low, the body begins the inefficient process of converting fats into sugars.

So that is why a high fat high carb diet is so bad for you. Stick with a high carb low fat diet.
>>
The ones which don't cause cancer. Protip:[spoiler]there aren't any[/spoiler].
>>
>>7389141
No, he was right. Refined sugars are often used immediately by the body, primarily for the brain and organs.

This is why the liver produces sugar.

Stick with a high fat low carb diet and you'll be fine. Keto, atkins, cambridge, paelio etc are all based on this principle.
>>
>>7387998
organic setivia but i use sweet n low
>>
Saccharin best, sucralose and aspartame okay. Stevia is fucking awful.
>>
I use pickle sauce cranberries in my soda can cupcakes.
>>
>>7389148
>>7389141
>falling for these fad diets

Just consume fewer calories than you burn and you'll lose weight. Consume an equal amount of calories that you burn each day and you'll maintain your weight.

Christ, losing fat isn't a science
>>
>>7388780
somehow they cancel out each other's aftertaste for the most part.
>>7389145
better stop eating anything and drinking tapwater because it all gives you cancer in the end.
protip: no spoilers on ck and being able to give a breed of mouse prone to cancer, cancer by injecting it with high concentrations of thing is not a valid study
>>
File: F3WPS8GGJQEHDJQ[1].gif (86 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
F3WPS8GGJQEHDJQ[1].gif
86 KB, 960x720
>>7388411
>sorbitol
>>
>>7390555
some people react to it differently than others, all depends on your gut flora
>>
Equal
>>
>>7388039
This

There's more type 1s on this site than I thought
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.