[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you eat porridge in your country? Like barley, buckwheat, millet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: k.jpg (64 KB, 535x357) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
64 KB, 535x357
Do you eat porridge in your country? Like barley, buckwheat, millet?
>>
>>7386370
Dude, i’m gonna type as sober as possible, that honestly looks fcking pathetic and digusting compared to my meal. and I’m being one hundred percent serious. Sorry we dont cook sht that was perviously in cans. you’re a fuking joke dude, and im dead fuking serious. gert areal family that cooks good food, drinks beer and wine and winecoolers and has a good fuking time, and has a milliondollar house on the beach, im seriously.. dont eever potst your fuking poverty dinner on these forums ever the fuk again bro, and by bro i mean never my bro, fuking phaggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (273 KB, 1024x731) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
273 KB, 1024x731
>>7386370
Yes , loves buckwheat so mush
t.Slav poor student form Russia
>>7386385
Faggot amerifat
>>
>>7386370
I've never had savoury porridge before, but I do have some buckwheat in the fridge if you have a suggestion. Your pic looks really good.

>>7386385
Fuck off.
>>
>>7386370
Yes. I love buckwheat porridge with mushrooms and bacon (+ a bit of cream). It's got that unique taste, but it may not be for everyone. Buckwheat adds a little diversity to my side dishes, rice, pasta and potatoes all the time bore me (and cous cous is kinda expensive).
>>
>>7386370
barley, buckwheat, and wheat for me, usually do barley because it's cheapest and I like the taste best
>>
I-I eat Oats. We call Oatmeal porridge in Canada.
I love it. I make it super unhealthy.
Caramelized apples and cream.
>>
File: 1392481984.jpg (71 KB, 462x311) Image search: [Google]
1392481984.jpg
71 KB, 462x311
The only porridge that entered my life was in a fairy tale about some home invader.

Michigan, USA
>>
>>7387145
Do you ever buy Red River, Canadabro?
>>
File: 0114-red-river-02.jpg (110 KB, 575x477) Image search: [Google]
0114-red-river-02.jpg
110 KB, 575x477
>>7386370

Canacuck reporting in. It's not as popular as it used to be due to people buying American things like Quaker oatmeal or Cream of Wheat, but we have our own style of porridge here. It's called Red River Cereal. It contains steel cut wheat, steel cut rye, cracked flaxseeds, and whole flaxseeds. Like any other porridge, its great with a bit of cream and brown sugar or maple syrup added to it.
>>
>>7387224
lmao. not the Canadabro you were talking to, but I just posted about Red River Cereal right below you. see >>7387313
>>
>>7386370
>>7387224
English-style pease porridge is a traditional food in the province of Newfoundland as well.
>>
>>7386370
Oat porridge, wheat gruel occasionally, roast buckwheat when I see it. Something comforting and wholesome about a bowl of grains. Cheap as fuck too

>>7387345
It's more commonly called pease pudding here. Delicious split peas
>>
File: Buckwheat.jpg (45 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
Buckwheat.jpg
45 KB, 512x288
>>7386370
>buckwheat

he was shot.

I wish we had that in murica. Porridge is something people eat in Eastern Europe and immitation porridge is what they ate in Eastern Europe as Soviet Bloc countries.
>>
>>7387151
This looks like it came from a sex comic.
>>
>>7387364

they call it a pudding in newfoundland too. porridge is like an alternate name.

although the old nursery rhyme calls it porridge. lol.

pease porridge hot
pease porridge cold
pease porridge in the pot
five days old
>>
>>7386370
Mexico yes, oatmeal , wheat ,and grits. everyone makes it all very then, blended, and sweet. Usually with condensed milk. Yet another reason we are the fattest country on earth.
>>
>>7386385

damn dude this is the wrong place to reveal ur misc colors
>>
>>7387995
Why do you BB Forums faggots censor yourselves like that? The posts read like pure cancer.
>>
>>7388003
>censor
What are you talking about?
>>
>>7388073
>fuking
>phaggot
That kind of stuff.
>>
>>7388087
I think it's just blocked there, certainly makes them easy to spot though
>>
>>7386394
Yo slavbro, you guys eat bulgar wheat? I have some in my cupboard and I need to use it up, and just making a mush out of it seems lame.
>>
>>7386370
Estfag
Oat flakes, semolina or 4 grain mix for breakfast. Oat is my favorite. It's so good and you are full for a long time.
Buckwheat or barley for lunch or dinner. I rarely make balrley porridge but buckwheat is fucking amasing.
>>
>>7387320
Ayyyyyyy
>>
Who /sprouted grains/ here
>>
>>7388431
Mommy bought some sprouted quinoa, but I haven't tried it yet.
>>
>>7386370
rolled oats breast oats, some chopped banana and thats it, no honey, no sucrose NADA! well apart from the natural shit in the nanas.
>>
Love porridge, made from oats. Eat it everyday, best way to start the day.

The wife wants porridge too now, but only at the weekends. So I have to make twice as much. Accidentally made it a bit lumpy, she threw a hissy fit and now makes the porridge all the time! Win win!
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.