[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mac & Cheese
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Hey there.png (204 KB, 500x407) Image search: [Google]
Hey there.png
204 KB, 500x407
Hey guys!

My girlfriend wants me to cook for her on her birthday, and her favorite food is macaroni and cheese.

Anyone have some good recipes?
>>
i have an awesome recipe... you make some macaroni... and then you add a bunch of cheese. pretty simple huh?
>>
Make a roux, add cream and sharp cheddar, add cooked elbow macaroni.

Put into casserole dish, top with more mild cheddar and panko breadcrumbs tossed with melted butter.

Bake at whatever temp you want until it's cooked properly. Golden toasty top, bubbly sides.

Add lots of ketchup and nanners
>>
>>7384911
Make her something other than M&C. How big of a dweeb are you?
>>
>>7384911
No recipes, but don't go overboard trying to make it fancy. Add some chicken, maybe some peppers, and call it good.

>>7384918
>>7384937
You two are faggots.

>>7384931
You're pretty okay, though I'm questioning the nanners.
>>
>>7384911
>a shitposting virgin made this thread
>>
feg
>>
File: WP_20160128_18_53_23_Pro.jpg (836 KB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160128_18_53_23_Pro.jpg
836 KB, 3072x1728
Make a roux with butter, flour, and milk.
Add garlic and wholegrain mustard.
Then a shit ton of medium cheddar, double glauster, and parmesan.
Chuck your cooked macaroni in once it's a sauce.
Put in a dish, cover with mozarella, double glauster, and parmesan.
Grill.
Eat beautiful macaroni cheese.
>>
Why in the ever living fuck do people add ketchup to macaroni and cheese?
At what point do you feel its necessary to eat like a 3 year old?
>>
>>7385029
I would have sex with that.
>>
>>7385032
I never care what people do to their food as long as it's done to THEIR food.

Put shit on my food and you're asking for it.
>>
>>7385032
If just one time someone made a reference about ketchup and instead of saying things about being a little kid, actually have a real life reason for not liking it, I would probably die of a stroke or something. Just because it's the internet doesn't mean you can say retarded ass shit and feel like you're cool. I could just imagine explaining to my friends in real life..yeah man..ketchup..not so much. If you like it you must be a three year old because only babbies eat that shit. All the while watching people use ketchup all around us.
>>
>>7384911
>make roux
>slowly add milk while stirring
>add cheeses
>add nutmeg, a bit of hot sauce, and spicy brown mustard
>keep stirring
>make pasta while cheese sauce thickens
>drain pasta
>add the pasta to cheese sauce

From here you can put it in a casserole and bake it in the oven if you want. Or you can just eat it then.
>>
>>7385040
You're out of touch.
>>
Make sure that you use plenty of nutmeg and thyme in the roux stage to open up a real trip to flavortown.
>>
>>7385217
This is probably the best guide so far.
But you're all pussies.

Continue for ultimate panty dropping, taste sensation.

Make roux. Flour/butter, obvs. If you're a badman use bacon fat instead of/aswell as butter.
Add spices just after you add the flour.
Freshly grated nutmeg is always superior to pre-ground shit, but mate - go easy on it if you've never used it before. Shit is pungent.
The key to deliciousness is SMOKED paprika. Good quality shit.
A dash of cayenne pepper doesn't go astray.
Anyway moving on, make sure you cook out the flour for a decent amount of time. You want your roux to smell toasty and look a little golden before adding the milk.
Hot tip: heat your milk before adding to the roux, this will speed up the process. If you're willing to go all out I would suggest studding an onion with cloves and bay leaves to steep in the milk. Not necessary for Mac tho.
Once you have a delicious base, start adding some more lactosey goodness.
I'm talking at LEAST three types of cheese.
Something nutty like Emmental or Gruyere.
Something sharp like a good mature Cheddar.
If you're a fan, little bit of Stilton or Blue adds a good salty hit.
And a nicely aged Parmesan or Grana Padano rounds it out.
You can add mozzarella if you want but it doesn't do a whole lot for the flavour in the end.
If you want to gratinate it, save the mozzarella or some extra cheddar for that.
A bacon crumble works a treat too; crispy bacon blitzed with cheese and breadcrumbs. Spread over the top and chuck it under the grill or in the oven.
For the love of God if you bake it, add about 30-40% more sauce than you think you need.
Also, don't be a noob and cook the fuck out the pasta. Cook it about 70% of the way and drain, then let the hot sauce finish the cooking for you. Otherwise you'll end up with one textureless pile that will do nothing more than make you severely constipated.
Stir through some finely cut chives, chervil and/or parsley to finish. Season if needed.
>>
>>7385311
Add rosemary to the gratin on top and you've just made mac fancy innit
>>
>>7385358
I find that herbs like thyme or rosemary are slightly too fragrant for Mac tho..
>>
>>7385358
Init DOOM refresh daemon
>>
>>7384911
Punch her in the hoohah and make her something good instead. A nice roast with mashed potatoes and gravy maybe.
>>
File: 1424564790320.jpg (131 KB, 940x549) Image search: [Google]
1424564790320.jpg
131 KB, 940x549
>>7384911
She'll love this one, guaranteed.
>>
>>7385374
???
>>
>>7387688
google it, you retard
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.