[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people look down on white bread but eat white rice? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: bread-rice-toast.jpg (141 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
bread-rice-toast.jpg
141 KB, 500x375
Why do people look down on white bread but eat white rice?

It's the same thing
>>
Who looks down on white bread? Even those cheese eating surrender monkeys in France eat that shit every day.
>>
>>7384647
>Why do people look down on white bread but eat white rice?
smear campaigns. people used to say white bread made you fat, and then it was bad because it has gluten.
>>
>>7384650
Usually smug people who like to feel like they're superior
>>
>>7384650
"white bread" in this context refers to hyperprocessed Wonderbread bread-food product.
>>
>>7384669
Not all "white bread" is wonderbread
>>
>>7384677
>what does "in this context" mean?
>>
>>7384685
I'm the OP. I didn't mean just wonderbread. All white bread is processed to shit, just like white rice. It's the same shit
>>
>>7384656
it's bad because it tastes like shit
>>
>>7384697
And both are staples of different cultures. What's you point?
>>
>>7384699
Why does it have to be a point? Racist.
>>
>>7384699
....the point is in the origional post...

Why do people look down on one but not the other when they're essentially the sme tasteless, nutritionless product?
>>
>>7384712
> tasteless

Maybe to a heavy smoker
>>
>>7384712
Because it's cheap and accessible. You're smarter than this, anon.
>>
>>7384735
They're both cheap and accessible
>>
>>7384647
Only white people do that. I think that's the connection.
>>
>>7384647
Good white rice isn't minute rice/uncle bens and is very flavorful.
>>
>>7384647
>bread & rice
>It's the same thing
It literally isn't.
>>
>>7384751
And good white breat that isn't sweetened prepackaged American bullshit tastes even better.
>>
>>7384758
And people don't look down on that, because >>7384669.
>>
>>7384757
>simple grain carbohydrates that lack nutrition

Pretty much the same thing
>>
>>7384647
My boyfriend got triggered by this and we just had an argument because he claims white rice is ok to eat(and eats it every day) but white bread isn't and makes you fat. He's a psychologist and all he knows about nutrition is bioscience and bullshit from /fit/ and I'm a biochemist. Faggots are fucking stupid.
>>
>>7384765
White rice is more nutrient dense than white flour. Your boyfriend is smarter than you.
>>
>>7384758
Why do autist think that having a sub roll made of rice is the equivalent of a sandwich and that eating a raw fish sandwich is the equivalent of eating sushi?
>>
File: rice v wheat.jpg (18 KB, 554x287) Image search: [Google]
rice v wheat.jpg
18 KB, 554x287
>>7384765
>My boyfriend got triggered by this and we just had an argument because he claims white rice is ok to eat(and eats it every day) but white bread isn't and makes you fat.

He's correct. If you are watching calories (the things that make you fat) you're better off eating rice.
>>
>>7384780
>calories make you fat

Is it 2006 again?
>>
>>7384765
your boyfriend is right, faggot.
>>
>>7384791
Hahaha, tell me of this laws of physics breaking diet.
>>
>>7384793
>>7384780
>100g of white rice has 130 calories
>100g of white bread has 266
>he gets triggered when I eat two slices of toasted bread with butter, but eats two fucking plates of rice every day

It's only more calorie dense, not "unhealthier"
>>
>>7384796

Calories in > calories burned = weight gain

Calories in < calories burned = weight loss

Lack of physical activity makes people fat.
>>
>>7384647
How come /ck/ gets triggered by rice cookers but not toasters?
>>
>>7384847
via calories.
>>
>>7384864
Never and I mean never fuck with a toaster.
>>
>>7384847
If someone said "a gun doesn't kill people it's the bullet that kills," you can see how stupid that person would sound, right?

That's how you sound right now.
>>
>>7384914
But guns and bullets do not kill people just like your chef's knife doesn't kill people.

How is this logic escaping so many liberals?
>>
File: ted_chinky.jpg (17 KB, 341x255) Image search: [Google]
ted_chinky.jpg
17 KB, 341x255
>>7384647
White rice is nutritionally deficient.
There's a reason why gooks, nips and chinks are underdeveloped races.
>>
>>7384780
what is this picture supposed to prove? why would you compare cooked rice to dry wheat
>>
>>7384847
Muscle adds weight too, anon. :^)
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.