[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone on this board called my food "flyover food"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10
File: flyover.jpg (233 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
flyover.jpg
233 KB, 1920x1200
Someone on this board called my food "flyover food" and that it looked like shit.
I'm not really sure what this means, can you please post pictures of flyover food and tell me why I should be offended?
>>
first post your food
>>
You should never be offended by something like that. Imagine someone called you a dumbass troll, that would be something to be offended about.
>>
File: 1425883179191.png (433 KB, 497x463) Image search: [Google]
1425883179191.png
433 KB, 497x463
>>7382739
>>
>>7382761
I want to fly over your house and drop napalm.
>>
File: 2nu0nmh.png (93 KB, 281x235) Image search: [Google]
2nu0nmh.png
93 KB, 281x235
>>7382761

looks amazing
>>
Northeastern and californian americans are anally annihilated at the whiteness of the interior so to them they're automatically the absolute epitome of all of the stereotypes that in actuality best represent the southeast
>>
>>7382732
> tater tot casserole
>>
>>7382790
Just that picture was enough to send me running to the bathroom to unleash copious amounts of liquidy and explosive diarrhea.
>>
>>7382797

well thanks for telling us you have crohns i guess
>>
>>7382797
>I only eat the finest of foods
>oh yes, oh! only the tip of the top quality for me!
fuck off you fag
>>
File: doctor.png (77 KB, 260x288) Image search: [Google]
doctor.png
77 KB, 260x288
>>7382797

you might want to get that checked out
>>
>>7382732
>flyover
>A318
Personally I would not feel comfortable passing over flyover land in anything short of an ETOPS-370 rated jet.

Imagine if you had an engine failure and had to crash land in a field of Bt Monsanto corn. Assuming the frankengenes didn't infect you immediately, you could be sued for breathing.

And if you managed to escape into one of the infinite parking lots and/or strip malls, some slow-talker might shoot you for talking too fast, reading The Economist, or some similar offense that only exists in flyover land.

No thanks to that.
>>
>>7382790
Tater tot casserole is pretty bomb
>>
>>7382761
n i c e m e m e
i
c
e

m
e
m
e
>>
OP, I was kinda curious about this as well, but I think I get it now, based on those two pictures.

If flyover food means middle america casseroles, or things where you take multiple processed foods, add tehm together in some way, and call it a meal, then I do get it.

And I like that food, although it's obviously bad for you to eat a ton of it. That shepards pie thing with tater tots?! What's not to love about that?! Melty pepperoni/cheezy snacks in a dough shell?! I bet those are crazy good!

I make pretty good food, and I raise my own animals and have ahuge garden. Well off, so I shop for nice ingredients. But that being said, I would grub all those homecooked flyover food with vigor.
>>
>>7382835
>Tater tot casserole is pretty bomb
I'm guessing English isn't your first language?
>>
File: 1357246835380.jpg (64 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
1357246835380.jpg
64 KB, 650x488
>>
>>7382873
Sandwiches? Really?
>>
>>7382921
Yeah - what's wrong with it? I think they are good.
>>
>>7382921
>>7382938

the people who eat sandwiches generally live under flight paths, hate to break it to you
>>
>>7382941
Who doesn't live under a flight path?
Where do you live, north korea?
>>
File: Weiners Wellington.jpg (112 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Weiners Wellington.jpg
112 KB, 500x375
>>
>>7382946

>not residing safely within a great nation overseen by a living god
>>
>>7382732
using cheese whiz on steak sandwiches
>>
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>7382951
Oh lord - second round of painfully water-diarrhea incoming with that picture. Gonna need an IV to rehydrate asap.
>>
>>7382951
It's called weiner wrap-a-dog.
>>
>>7382962

Philadelphia isn't flyover country.
>>
>>7382962
>philadelphia is a flyover food town

have you always been this autistic?
>>
File: Cookies.jpg (111 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Cookies.jpg
111 KB, 800x600
>>7383285

Dear Philadelphia resident: Does the real thing use canned cheese though?

What is a Cheesesteak anyway, I would think that would be made out of cheese?

Honestly it looks like a kebab sandwich.

Does the real thing use some kind of sauce? I've seen people put on cream cheese, beef and onion based gravy etc...
>>
>>7382859
ebin insult friendo
>>
>>7382977
You haven't experienced tuna Mac casserole at a Midwest PTA fundraising potluck buffet. You do not even know the horrors. Even the cenobites avoid it.
>>
>>7385252
You better have eaten some to be polite.
>>
>>7385252
Just needs more salt.
>>
>>7383785
>Does the real thing use canned cheese though?
are you a stupid tourist that will spend $10 on a shitty sandwich because you like tourist traps? those are the only places to use wiz

its ribeye sauteed with onions on an amaroso roll with your choice of cheese, usually provolone
>>
>>7385814
Oh okay, so it's only like 99.9% of restaurants that use the cheese whiz, cool, great!

When I go to Philly, I'll make sure to run around all over town looking for that one hole-in-the-wall that only the locals know about.

Or maybe I'll just stay home and say FUCK Philadelphia and make my own sandwiches out of my own shit and not have to wonder if I'm in a real restaurant or a tourist restaurant.

FUCK YOU!
>>
>>7385841
there are two tourist traps and they are named pat's king of steaks and geno's steaks. go to a place that looks like a butcher so they have real meat and wala!

glad we solved that mystery you angry fuck
>>
Do they eat salads in the mid-west/flyover country?
>>
>>7385853
Yes. They're made of iceberg lettuce, shredded wax-based "cheez" product, and several cups of ranch dressing per serving.
>>
>>7385858
This is depressing. The average life-age expectancy must be around 32.
>>
>>7385865
That's why we start having kids around 15
>>
>>7383785
Fried eggplant is goat
>>
>>7385848
Even though they're tourist spots it doesn't mean they have bad sandwiches.
Their prices are the same as any other spot and really the quality is about the same. The only difference is the atmosphere. Plus Geno's is the only spot I know where you can get a cheesesteak at 4am.

Also, their fries are overpriced but I still get cravings for them from time to time. That fucking cheez wiz that makes it hard to breathe...amazing
>>
>>
>>7382761
Those look good but yes, its very flyover. I'm fine with flyover junk though.
>>
File: 1452094770678.jpg (22 KB, 347x201) Image search: [Google]
1452094770678.jpg
22 KB, 347x201
Just remember, family:

The flyover meme is perpetuated by a single no life autist, glued to /ck/ like a barnacle, so he can shitpost in every thread at least once.

Flyover is a forced meme! Don't let anyone try to convince you otherwise!
>>
>>7386072
Found the flyover
>>
>>7386072
All memes are forced, you social inadequate.
>>
>>7386072
nah, flyover is a real and very sad thing. kind of a shame. you hicks produce a ton of produce, yet have no clue how to prepare it well. shit, many/most of you don't even touch the stuff and just get a bunch of boxed/frozen/take out crap and call it a day.

i pity you.

>>7386083
very true
>>
>>7386111
trips confirm
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.