[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When's the last time you had some quality corned beef hash?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: iPhoneUpload_az3qvicw7f.jpg (378 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
iPhoneUpload_az3qvicw7f.jpg
378 KB, 1600x1200
When's the last time you had some quality corned beef hash?
>>
Never. I guess one needs to buy it in a restaurant. The only times I have eaten it, it has been from a can. Just garbage. Lard and dehydrated, reconstituted potato chunks.
>>
>>7382146
It's very easy to make. Just take leftover corned beef brisket and potatoes as well as anything else you want, chop it up into very small pieces and brown it.
>>
>>7382183
sounds great. i love the idea itself, but how do you season it?
>>
>>7382185
However you want to season it.

I usually put some minced garlic, thyme and pepper in my corned beef, but I've also made it various other ways with various different herbs and spices. You can really make it however you want.
>>
>>7382218
I think that if nobody were looking, I would put mayonnaise and Srirachi in it.
>>
>>7382226
Go for it. You are free to enjoy your food however you want.
>>
>>7382143
I treat Corned beef hash like spam.

Once a year.
>>
In 2010, during a road trip with some friends from Tampa to D.C. We had just spent a night at this dusty cabin in Young Harris, Georgia. It was mid-August and hot as hell, and the cabin had no utilities or electricity, so we had room temp bottled water and no air conditioning. We also stayed up late tripping off shroom chocolates. The next morning we gassed up and hit the first breakfast restaurant we saw on our way to North Carolina - Mary Ellen's Southern Grill. I ordered corned beef hash and coffee, and after finishing it I felt like a new man.
>>
Had a cook at a diner scramble some eggs into corned beef hash - did not cook eggs too much - then put it in hollowed out green peppers with some cheese melted on top.

My stomach was screaming yes and my heart was screaming no.
>>
>>7382146
canned is incomparable to homemade
>>
>>7382183
I love corned beef hash with extra hot sauce. I love it even more when the little lady gives me a rimmer the following morning.
>>
>>7382143
Never. Always seen it on menus, but every time I really wanted something different, and no one has ever made it when I stayed with them.
>>
File: doyounot.gif (1 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
doyounot.gif
1 MB, 900x506
>>7382143
A few weeks ago. I make that shit from scratch besides actually corning the fucking beef because not waiting 10 days again.

Great shit, easy as hell to do. If you haven't you should, WAY different than the canned shit most places use.
>>
Go to grocery deli, order 1 2inch slice of corned beef. buy potato's, go home and cook. Or, you could buy a can, dump it in a pan, look at all the vein pieces and puke.
>>
>>7383755
>buy potato's
Buy the potato's what?
>>
Victoria's Diner in southie makes their own hash. Would recommend
>>
>>7382459
Get a load off this fgt, fgt
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.