[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Questions that don't deserve their own thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 3
File: GC_good-eats-meatloaf_s4x3.jpg (297 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
GC_good-eats-meatloaf_s4x3.jpg
297 KB, 700x525
I'm looking for some tips for making meatloaf. It's always the same boring recipe and I wanna change it up a bit. Any suggestions?
>>
>>7381480
Mashed potato and gravy in the center.
Beef wellington.
Cheese sauce.
>>
>>7381482
???
I asked for suggestions for a new meatloaf recipe not a new recipe entirely but thanks I guess...
>>
>>7381480
Put some stuff in the middle.
Mix it up with some veggies.

You can literally put anything in a meatloaf
>>
>>7381484
I want to lick your lips like a fish.
>>
Since this is a QTDDTOT, I'm not American.

Give me your clearest description of what meatloaf is and what it tastes like.
>>
Add large crumbles of feta cheese and get some onion, garlic, mint and parsley in there.
>>
>>7381484
you didn't post the recipe so how will people know what's different?

Is meatloaf just a big burger pattie?
>>
>>7381498
with breadcrums and jacks bbq sauce
>>
>>7381498
a meatloaf is your entire miserable soggy existence

in loaf form
>>
>>7381493
kind of like burger but a bit 'looser' and tastier (you add fillers, veggies and herbs to the "dough")

wrap it all in bacon and have it with gravy and potatoes
>>
>>7381515
Do you baste it in BBQ sauce?
If not, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>7381521
i'm danish not american so we do it a bit differently
>>
>>7381524
You do it a bit more incorrectly, you mean?
>>
>>7381521
I mix a teaspoon of vinegar with about 2 cups of ketchup and 1 cup of mustard and add brown sugar to taste. I like mine sweet.
>>
How do I make leftover pasta not taste like shit?

I mean when it's hot it tastes great, but after refridgerated it loses all it's flavor and goes slimey
>>
>>7381480
Have you tried serving it with ketchup? Or is that standard
>>
>>7381540
You ever try pan frying it to reheat? Maybe with shine tee pepper flakes?
>>
>>7381480
I ate leftover meatloaf tonight and it was dank.

1lb pork
1lb beef

1.5z onion (grated/minced)
1.5 egg
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1.25 tsp oregano
1.25 tsp grnd mustard
.75 tsp blk pepper
1.75 tsp granulated garlic
2.5 tsp worcestrshire
2.5 Tbls ketchup
2.5 Tbls BBQ sauce

Used a couple ounces heavy cream instead of .5 egg.
9" x 5" loaf pan lined with foil.
Drain grease after 30-45 minutes (350).
Continue until 155F or more.
Optional: top with ketchup and sugar and broil until the top is nice and crusty.

Options:
Omit bread crumbs and use rolled oats.
Omit bread crumbs and use cooked rice.
>>
>>7381566
Yeah but I want to take it to work with me, and eat it cold. I know cold pasta can work but do I have to cook it differently?
>>
>>7381493

meatloaf is what you eat when you're an inbred
>>
>>7381649
Sounds like the voice of experience talking there.
>>
>>7381524
As a fellow dane, i have never understood the appeal og "farsbrod", do you have a propper recipe?
>>
what pumpkin variety do you use for pumpkin pie? I dont live in 'murrica, we dont sell canned pumpkins over here.
>>
>>7381491
Why would you want to do that? Are fish even know for licking, let alone lips?
>>
>>7381629
Any kind of pasta like ziti or penne is good for eating cold. Pasta like spaghetti or angel hair gets all clumped together and is a mess to eat cold.

Also sauce is important, an alfredo sauce is going to get all clumped together and be gross, marinara sauce will usually seperate and get watery. Pesto usually works ok but it seperates and gets oily.

If you really wanna eat it cold maybe put the cooked pasta in one container and the sauce in another, then stir the sauce up and then mix it with the pasta.
>>
>>7381845
Fresh pumpkins make shit pie. The companies that make canned pumpkin puree have their own proprietary pumpkin breeds.
>>
>>7381480
I like to make mine with a mix of pork and beef. I'll also pack 2/4s of it into a loaf pan, make a trough, crack eggs into it, and then put the rest of the meat on as a lid. I like the idea of putting mash potatoes and gravy in the middle, but I strongly suspect that the juices from the meat will mix with the mash and turn it into a watery mess.
>>
>>7382492
3/4s of it. fat co/ck/ fingers.
>>
>>7381480
I substitute Italian sausage (hot or mild) for the pork. Always Change what veg I mix in...red bell pepper, carrots, celery, parsnips.

Hell, mix up the herbs and spices. Used Chinese five spice once or twice. Shit was cash.
>>
What the fuck is a table cheese?
>>
rotel dip.
>>
>>7382503
maybe that cheap cheddar or jack in a block?

Also, italian meatloaf (sausage and beef blend/basil/marinara/mozz in the middle) and bbq meatloaf (onions/peppers/bbq sauce/yellow cheddar on top) are pretty great
>>
>>7381649
I eat meatloaf and I'm the opposite of inbred. I'm half mixed Jew with at least two kinds of Sephardic and half French Canadian with a pinch of Scottish. I'm Ashkenazi,Juhuro, Polish Jew, etcetera. Also my parents used to live in Turkey and I was raised on kufta and shakshuka amongst other things. Along with local fair, in Kansas City. The bbq capital of the world. There is literally nothing wrong with meatloaf. Except the texture, unless you bbq it halfway through. Slice it and bbq it. Gives it a nice smokey flavor and firms it up. That's a personal preference thing. My girlfriend likes hers with a marmalade. It's a very versatile dish.
>>
>>7382561
I bet you never thought of a marmalade dip. Fig if you have it. Orange also works. Goes good with the caramelized onions.
>>
>>7382492
Try using ground lamb in the place of pork. Don't ask me why.
>>
What the fuck can I do with a pound of corn starch?
>>
>>7382576
Remake a scene from scarface?
>>
>>7382572
Lamb is crazy expensive here in Ohio. I'll stick with the pork, thanks. I have a pork slaughterhouse in my town. Lamb is always served standalone so I can savor it.
>>
>>7382589
Oh. Sorry. My uncle has a farm so I get it cheap. It's his retirement hobby. 300 head of cattle, idk how many lamb and now chickens. All organic and free range. This is his version of taking it easy. Foods crazy good though.
>>
>>7381480
I've been wanting to try making a balsamic glaze for the top instead of using ketchup. Or just use ketchup with balsamic in it. Plus use rosemary or sage in the loaf.
>>
>>7382610
Do it. Do you have a sauce pan to make reductions in?
>>
>>7382616
Of course, I think I'm going to make mini loafs using a muffin pan as well for easy portions to bring to work.
>>
>>7382608
Sounds like my "retirement" plans. Right now I'm just doing a garden and some quail.
>>
Can someone post a recipe their favourite recipe for homemade chili?
>>
>>7381629
small, conic pastas are better for eating cold.

also, cold pasta with sauce are called salads. like merengue alla panna
>>
File: 13889519325_e1e4e2dfa7_z.jpg (152 KB, 429x640) Image search: [Google]
13889519325_e1e4e2dfa7_z.jpg
152 KB, 429x640
>>7382648
pic related

merengue a la panna con i brocolli
>>
Make it with cumin, parsley, garlic, coriander and onions

make kibbe, basically

or get some phyllo and a muffin tin and make cute lil meatloaf cupcakes daawwwww
>>
>>7381607
>1lb pork
>1lb beef
this is key. 50% ground beef and 50% ground pork/sausage. its an easy way to add a lot of flavor.
>>
I'm looking for a pasta recipe.
I want:
Minimalistic
Fresh (think tomato fresh)
No crazy unobtainable ingredients
No creamy sauce
>>
>>7382677
what about pasta with fresh tomatoes and basil?
>>
>>7382691
I was thinking of frying some fresh cherry tomatoes, putting olive oil and basil on the pasta and then putting tomatoes on with salt n pepper and some parmesan.

I'm thinking whether that's good enough or would it be too pedestrian?

I'm going to put it over pink linguine of my own making. The home made pasta is supposed to be the star of the show to be honest.
>>
>>7382698
could add at least a tiny bit of garlic with the tomatoes to enhance taste though
otherwise seems pretty good to me
>>
>>7381480
>QTDDTOT
>turns into a meatloaf thread.

Thanks guys.
>>
>>7382709
That's what I'm thinking, put a just a dab of olive oil on a pan, one clove of garlic finely chopped, let it simmer and then add halved cherry tomatoes facing up so the juice doesn't flow out and then serve them over the pasta. I was also thinking about adding a few red pepper corns here and there.
>>
File: 20160216_135508.jpg (819 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160216_135508.jpg
819 KB, 2048x1152
Can someone help identify these? They're delicious but i don't know what they're called.
>>
>>7382816
Looks like raisin oat bread with sunflower seeds on top
>>
>>7382498
>I substitute Italian sausage (hot or mild) for the pork.
Me too.
Shit is delicious.
>>
Crush up some ruffled BBQ chips and add them to the mix rather than crackers. Also can't go wrong with bell peppers onions and mushrooms in it
>>
Here's one:
I'm in Fort Myers, Florida until Sunday. Where should I eat?
>>
>>7381480
Roughly chop some pickled gherkins (I think you just call them pickles in the USA) and throw them in. Really works.
>>
I recently discovered the nutrition facts of beans. I cooked 3 1/4 cups of pinto beans yesterday, ate them all, and tried them different ways. What are some good ways to fix beans without adding too many calories?
>no, I don't soak them.
>Yes, I'm a newfag.
>>
>>7382576
You can make a few of those microwaveable fleshlights.
>>
Can you eat salmon from a grocery store raw, like sashimi, or is there a preparation step or quality issue I'm unaware of
>>
I want to make a loaf of crusty bread. Do I need any special shit to put it in in the oven? I have a cast iron skillet and stone no other specialty items.
>>
Fastest bread recipe that isn't shit?
>>
>>7385937
mix 3 cups self-rising flour, quarter cup of sugar, 1 bottle of beer, put it in a greased loaf pan, pour a little bit of melted butter on top, then bake at 375F for about an hour.
>>
>>7381480
Do it with smashed tomatos. Juicy and good. Can add chilli if you like spicy.
>>
>>7385951
Gracias
>>
>>7386001
build wall
>>
how do you use oven?
>>
>>7386026
Turn on, put things in, take things out when done.
>>
Does anyone have the old screencap of anon making his 'lovely persketti?' I've been trying to find it for a while now, I have people who need educating....
>>
I make my meatloaf with 1/2 beef and 1/2 breakfast sausage and a spattering of caramelized onions. Turns out tasty.

I had always eaten it with ketchup, then I tried ketchup made with balsamic vinegar; now that's the only thing that goes on meatloaf as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>7381845
Just use sugar pumpkins. They're the small orange ones. I made 2 pumpkin pies out of them for thanksgiving last year since I had no access to canned pumpkin. They came out perfect. it made the other woman's apple pie look like SHIT in comparison
>>
>>7385185
Wasn't expecting to see my home town. There's nowhere good to eat, it's all shit. Maybe get some local seafood if you're really into that. Fuck Fort Myers
>>
>>7381480
Is sauteing garlic in oil when making a meat sauce (or any sauce that isn't aglio et olio) an american thing? I've seen it in the recipes here and on the english websites, but where I live, usual way of making a sauce is sauteing the onions, browning the meat and then adding garlic. What's the difference and when do you add onions?
>>
>>7381480
Try adding chunks of stew-beef
>>
>>7386850
Just sounds like poor technique. Whenever I make meat sauce, I usually brown the meat first and drain it, then cook the onions/peppers/mushrooms/whatever, add some herbs and the garlic for a couple minutes, then add the meat back in with the tomatoes and let it all simmer.
>>
Ground turkey
Package of stuffing
Gravy mix

Cranberry sauce on the side
>>
>>7385185
>>7386719
Why not direct him to Sanibel and Captiva?

>muh toll

Worth it. Even Ft. Myer's Beach has good joints
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.