[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
alcoholic general?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: 1.jpg (13 KB, 300x243) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
13 KB, 300x243
Haven't been here in a little while. Also haven't checked the catalogue for an Alcohol thread.

I've had at least 10 bud lights PER DAY for at least seven days running, with some Smirnoff vodka mixed in. Yes, I know Bud Light sucks. Yes, I know I'm a huge pussy for drinking light beer.

What is everybody else drinking?
>>
The only people who give a rat's behind about what someone else is drinking are teenagers and college aged kids.

If you like Bud Light then swig away.

I'm drinking a 12 of Natty Ice due to the high alcohol content.
>>
>>7380326
High alcohol content, yes. But man, those Natty Ice and Natty Daddy (8%) give some nasty hangovers.
>>
>>7380326
really not that high
>>
>>7380344
Higher than average for supermarket pissbeer aka the best kind.

When I buy for myself I like Budweiser. My friend who always brings beer over likes PBR so drink a lot of that. One of my roommates always has dosequis and sometimes he shares with me.
When I want Mexican beer I buy Pacifico, the goat mexi beer.
I end up drinking a lot of stone too because I live next to their brewery and everyone always has stone
>>
Pretty sure I'm an alcy in the making. Binge hard on the weekends. Usually will plow thorugh a twelve pack during the day and then drink more once I hit the bars. Wake up the next day around noon and just keep it rolling until monday.

I can't keep doing this anymore. I feel alright now after working out but goddamn today I thought I was going through minor withdrawals or something.

I want help but I don't really want to do the steps.

Anyone been to AA or anything like that? I don't want them to be mad at me because I'm not a full blown alcy, but I know there's an alcy deep down there somewhere and it scares me.
>>
>>7380814
Pacifico is good stuff. When I was on vacation in Puerta Vallarta that was my main drink, besides the resort's big selection of Tequila.
>>
>>7380821
best option for now is to limit yourself to light beer. no liquor, no wine. you can never really get drunk, and never really get fucked up.
>>
>>7380835
I'll just end up drinking an 18. I think I need to either call it quits before 3 beers or not drink at all
>>
>>7380923
thing is, with light beers, you stay hydrated. and you dont really get drunk. at least give it a shot faggot, before you throw in the towel and hit rehab. ive been to three rehabs. this is working for me.
>>
>>7380821
You're not too far gone. Just stop drinking at alcoholic levels.
>>
>>7380821
You could try AA. I went to gamblers anonymous awhile ago though, and what a bunch of losers those guys were
>>
>>7380954
I went to one meeting before. I felt out of place. Everyone else was there because the court ordered them or they really hit rockbottom.

I just want to nip it in the bud before it gets worse.
>>
File: 1437128483108.jpg (218 KB, 584x1110) Image search: [Google]
1437128483108.jpg
218 KB, 584x1110
>mfw discovered canadian sherry, also now known as "apera"
Christ, it's even cheaper than malt.
>>
>>7380821
You can try AA, but it's very...cultish. I don't have a problem with the whole higher power thing, but the chants and ritual shit creeped me out, plus if you get deep enough and get a serious sponsor, it gets even harder to get out.

I think a lot of cocks are serious binge drinkers, but not really addicted (yes I know you can binge and still be an acoholic). For me I knew I had a problem when I needed two or three screwdrivers to get going in the morning. Its hard to make it back, but it really just is willpower.

Currently sipping some Woodford Reserve, before heading to bed.
>>
>>7381036
That's called alcoholism, anon.
>>
>go to convenience store
>have to get liquor fridge unlocked
>stand there for a couple minutes looking at a list on my phone that I made up
>say things out loud like "ah man I forgot what he wanted gotta text him"
>go home and binge drink enough alcohol for 8 imaginary people
>rinse and repeat everyday at 9 different liquor stores in the area I tactically visit days apart
>>
When people say they need alcohol to get out of bed, does that mean it helps them like coffee would, or would they collapse if they tried without it?
>>
>>7381087
shakes, hallucinations, body aches etc.
>>
>>7381087
Some peopel get really bad withdrawl symptoms until they get alcohol in their systems. I had a room mate that was a serious alcoholic and would get the shakes and got incoherent could barely function unless he had alcohol in his system. He use to keep a bottle next to his bed to drink out of it first thing in the morning, he had a bottle in the bathroom under the sink, several bottles in the kitchen, a couple in the trunk of his car and at least one at his desk at work. He always carried around a big insulated mug that he would top off throughout the day at work and when he got home he would just knock back drink all evening until he went to bed and start the whole process again the next morning

It was kind of sad honestly.
>>
>>7381105
I've been like it later in the day but I didn't realize people got like this as soon as they wake up. That is pretty sad. I tend to only get it in the evening when I'm binge drinking.
>>
>>7381122
Yeah, the guy was pretty messed up. He lived with me and another room mate in a house for a couple of years and was like that for a while. He eventually moved out and to another city for a different job and ended up buying a brand new truck and then being drunk off his ass speeding and wrecked it. It was a nice one too, one of those harley davidson edition F150s.

Not sure what happened to him after that, it was several years ago the last time I heard anything about him. I assume he either got his shit together after the accident or just ended up drinking himself to death.
>>
>>7380814
If you're in Escondido try finding Bohemia because that's the true Mexican goat beer
>>
If drinking is negatively effecting your life and you want to stop AA has proven by far to be the most effective at keeping people sober.

Alcoholism is a disease, it destroys your body and ruins personal relationships.
>>
>>7381187
>I am gay and I suck a hundred dicks a day
>>
>>7381187
git out niggaroni
>>
>>7381187
wow, you are a complete and total faggot
>>
File: 1453395435698.png (57 KB, 600x434) Image search: [Google]
1453395435698.png
57 KB, 600x434
>ywn let go of your childhood
>>
File: I'm done.png (110 KB, 550x396) Image search: [Google]
I'm done.png
110 KB, 550x396
>>7381081
>rinse and repeat everyday at 9 different liquor stores in the area I tactically visit days apart
Can relate, this is when you know you've gone too far.
>>
I used to be a heavy drinker and would think this type of post I'm making now is from a loser faggot

but honestly guys I stopped drinking about 4 months ago and my anxiety has actually lessened, as in my normal daily anxiety which was the reason I was drinking, is pretty much lowered to where it's unnoticable

you don't really realize but always being semi-hungover makes it seem like that's how your normal anxiety is but it's not. it takes like a day and half I'd say for all the alcohol effect including hangover and raised anxiety to go away. so if you drink everyday, you never get there and just think your daytime self is your actual 'sober' normal self when it's not

I seriously feel so much better, anxiety is far lower, my body feels healthier, my sleep is better I have far less 'ahces and pains'

something worth looking into at least. it's like alcohol is a cure for your ailments your anxiety, you can relax and have fun and be social, and present to others the person you 'really' are or how you really want to be. but alcohol CAUSES the very problems it solves. it makes your anxiety higher, it makes your sober self less outgoing, it gives the next day low energy, hell I'm sure you all know the early morning nuclear anxiety I mean this is all from the alcohol

so you drink the next night to cure the days problems, which were caused by the previous nights drinking, and then following night and on and on ad infinitum

just something to think about. I don't think I'll drink again, it was a real wake-up call, the massive effect it was having on my 'sober' normal self I mean you aren't drunk so you're not being affeced right? but you are like I say for me at least I don't get back to true normal after at least 2 days, but it feels like I'm normal the next morning, and so the residual alcohol affects are mistaken for your actual feelings you would have independent of the alcohol, and what's the solution to that? alcohol of course! it's a viscious cycle
>>
File: 8971098341.jpg (23 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
8971098341.jpg
23 KB, 413x395
>>7381350
THis next ons for you, faggt. cheers
>>
AA only works if you want to not be an alcohol.
>>
>>7381350
t. Faggot
>>
I met the prefect girl a few months ago but i'm still in the friend zone. This doesn't help my drinking problem
>>
You guys should honestly stop drinking.
>>
>>7381522
You should honestly stop worrying about what others do
>>
>>7381530
Right well excuse me for trying to do some good today.
>>
>>7381539
Nobody wants to hear it though
>>
i'm drinking moonshine because beer just won't do the trick
>>
File: received_1045638098792988.jpg (77 KB, 720x1230) Image search: [Google]
received_1045638098792988.jpg
77 KB, 720x1230
>>7380276
This shit
>>
>>7381081
Ha ha ha
>>
Who /flask/ here? My local cinema started doing patdowns. Walked there to see Deadpool and walked right out as soon as I saw everyone getting frisked at the screen entrance. Looks like I'm going to see movies out of town for now. Is this a thing everywhere now? Is life becoming this bleak? Live in Park City Utah
>>
>>7382107
my local theatre does that too. in retaliation i jerk off onto the seats.
>>
>>7382113
Hows it like living in a totalitarian state?
>>
>>7382148
You speak English, you tell me?
>>
>>7380276
"cheapest beer is the best beer" -gandhi
>>
>>7382107
>>7382113
Are theaters really frisking now? Maybe they should lower the price of their food.
>>
>>7382158
Everybody is frisking now. I remember like 10 years ago you take a fucking Greyhound bus across the country and drink beer in the back. Nowadays you get frisked by armed security guards who are former military who slaughtered Iraqis a few years ago.
>>
>>7382107
>live in park city

one of the richest faggotiest parts of utah and the theater can't afford a coupe bringing in their own cheetohs.

>be in theater industry
>hm, no one wants to go to the movies anymore
>how can we bring people in?
>let's get some retard with 4 foot long nose hairs to frisk people for cans of pepsi!

holy shit. live in saint louis now, never heard of this being done anywhere. wow.
>>
>>7382162
a mentally ill guy attempted to behead his seatmate on one of those buses in the mid-2000s, it's probably a reaction to that

honestly intercity buses in the US are hell on earth, I think I'd be fine with frisking
>>
>>7382172
Yeah, he actually did behead the guy. Dude was sleeping and woke up screaming as his head was being cut off. Everybody ran off the bus.
>>
>>7381496
Oh god I had a similar situation happen a few months ago except it went farther than the friend zone.
>meet this perfect qt with a bf
>we fuck
>end up falling in love
>tells me she's going to break up with her bf for me
>she never does
>continues seeing me and fucking me even though she has bf
>bf finds out and tries to kick my ass
>have to finally tell her it's over because this dude is way bigger than me and could easily kick my ass
>she is afraid to break up with him but still constantly texts me
It's been a really rough couple months. Been drinking extra heavy. Doesn't help that I get super depressed during the winter months either.
>>
>>7382181
lol

life is a bowl of cherries, right?
>>
File: batees.jpg (5 KB, 230x172) Image search: [Google]
batees.jpg
5 KB, 230x172
>>7381350
What a fag. I raise my booze mug to you, faglord.
>>
>another useless degenerate alcoholic thread

You people need to man the fuck up and handle your problems, it's pathetic, you're pathetic.
>>
>>7382475
>le man the fuck up meme
Easier said than done, Chad.
>>
what to get in toronto for booze? i feel really limited. anything nice i should try?
>>
>>7380326
>caring what someone who drinks natty ice thinks
unless you are a high school student there is no excuse for natty ice/light. do you drink aristocrat vodka as well? jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>7381187
>replacing being addicted to booze with being a brain dead cult member
there's this neat thing called "willpower". try using that to just not drink. I know these days willpower is probably just seen as a cishetero white male power fantasy, but you'd be surprised what you can do if you just put your mind to it.
>>
>>7381539
>trying to do some good today
>shitposting on 4chan
whats next, driving past the mens shelter and shouting "hey you guys should really try and get it together!"
>>
>>7381496
I always wondered what it's like to be unattractive enough to get "friend zoned". Must suck more cock than the girl you like on friday night, while you are home alone on 4chan.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 499x817) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 499x817
>>7381187
>alcoholism is a disease
K
>>
>>7382595
I wonder if Putin was a homosexual pedophile even back then.
>>
>>7382518
1.5 liter of sake for 20 bucks if you like that.
>>
>>7382601
any good brands?
>>
>>7382605
Geikkeikan is a good brand. Even if you don't have the whole setup to heat it up, you can easily just pour some in a glass, put the glass in a bowl and pour boiling water around it. Just make the sake much more enjoyable.
>>
>>7382617
noted. thanks
>>
>>7382620
No problem, have a good one.
>>
>>7382598
>homosexual
>pedophile
pick one
>>
>>7382629
Are you retarded or something? Vladimir Putin is a homosexual pedophile.
>>
>>7380276
Smirnoff also sucks senpai
Drink some Zubrowka
>>
File: tmp_31304-TRp4Htv-1617355681.gif (2 MB, 390x158) Image search: [Google]
tmp_31304-TRp4Htv-1617355681.gif
2 MB, 390x158
>>7382676
Don't forget avid pen balancing enthusiast
>>
Just a sixer of colt 45. I like to drink and drink and drink but the hangovers are terrible. Drank 750ml of vodka once and head is just ruined and I feel like puking just walking.
>>
>>7381496
>Drink six beers a day every day; drink a 12 pack and a few whiskey shots every weekend night
>Start dating girl
>Don't feel the need to drink anymore
>Go weeks without drinking, only drink when going to a wine tasting or fancy restaurant
>Feel better and she's proud of me for cutting back

You'll make it buddy.
>>
>>7381496

The fact that you're posting about her and identifying yourself as being in "the friend zone" proves you'll stay in that self-created zone.
>>
>>7382727
Just wait until she breaks your heart, anon.
Using someone else as a crutch to stop an addiction is just temporary. Once that crutch is gone you will revert back to your old ways.
Not trying to be a dick but it's just facts. I've been through the same cycle.
>>
>>7382869
Oh, I know. When she ends it with me, I'm going to take it very badly and start drinking heavily again.

However, I'm going to enjoy this time we have together happily and sober-ish.
>>
>>7382869
>>7382897
If you treat this as an already doomed relationship it will most likely come to an end. 6 years relationship here only went bad when I didn't want to be in it anymore, luckily i managed to pick it up
>>
>>7382901
I don't think it's doomed, just poor syntax on my part in my previous post. I'm just saying if it does happen, I know what will happen. I'm just happy there's still half a bottle of cheap Riesling in my fridge and I'm not immediately sprinting to grab it and finish in one chug.

Also, good for you for sticking to it for 6 years!
>>
klonopin and alcohol fag here.

still regret not talking to the qt at university i saw around for 3 strait years without saying anything.

alcohol is amazing and makes boring life on the internet really fun. I dont think ill ever stop drinking about 8 shots of whiskey/night desu
>>
>>7383884
>drinking for fun

nice meme
>>
>>7383896
have you been hurt that badly bro?
>>
>>7383884
you will when you die from being an alcoholic
>>
>>7383884
>regretting not having made a total fool of yourself
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>7383941
you're the first person to give that advice specifically, and i didn't realize it and no one else did. you're cool
>>
When I regained consciousness, I didn't know if it was morning or evening. It turned out to be evening. So I started drinking again. I also went for a walk to get a little exercise.
>>
>>7380276
Does cheap beer give anyone else muscle spasms the day after?
>>
>>7383978
Those spasms are due to dehydration, not the type of beer you were drinking.
>>
>>7383978
No.

You may want to see a doctor, that sounds like it could be something serious.
>>
>>7383978
when i ddrink certain types of booze i get tight shoulders shoulder pain right after. some say it is a sign of hodgkins lymphoma, others say it is the preservatives in cheap beer, or the corn in booze. idk
>>
>>7384000
I do piss more than when I drink other booze, so I can see that.
>>
>>7384013
That sounds like the onset of lupus.
>>
>>7380276

I'm drinking central waters bourbon barrel aged stout

I only allow myself one per day, I drink almost exclusively imperial stouts and high abv ipas, so one is enough
>>
>>7384327
One may be enough if you weigh 85lbs.
>>
>>7384356

Yeah, but if I have more than one I just end up pounding beers all night

So I stick with one
>>
>>7380276
how many calories is that
are you on a beer only diet or do you have meals too
how the fuck are you not 400+ lbs
where do you live
>>
>>7380276

You mix smirnoff with bud light? Jesus christ m8 you are one classy son of a bitch
>>
>>7384360
That's good discipline. I either abstain or get hammered. No in between.
>>
from scale of snobby wine tasting to a fifth a day, how much havoc does downing a 24 pack twice a week wreak on my body?
>>
>>7384420
Almost nothing. You're fine if that's all you drink. Your health is in more danger driving drunk than liver concerns.
>>
>>7380821
People in AA are kinda dicks. It's mostly old people and they tend to hate younger people, because 99% of everyone under 30 who's there is just there for court and to hook up with girls. I go pretty sparingly, maybe 3 times a month. Good thing about AA attracting lots of sociopaths and narcissists is that they make good speakers. What you're hearing may or may not be true, but it's pretty entertaining most of the time.
>>
File: 635167565996236135_prod.png (49 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
635167565996236135_prod.png
49 KB, 200x300
>>7380276
>35 yo
>work as hard and as much as possible, but MUST drink from the time I get home until I go to bed
>10 years since this started, and it doesn't look like this train is slowing down
>enzymes in the bloodstream
>spit up blood morning after drinking whiskey
>never drink before or at work, only by myself because that's what I want

How fucked am I? I never had the waking up and needing a drink urges, but clear about 750 ml of vodka per day, every day
>>
>>7384839
*36 yo (bday was a week ago)
>>
>>7384807
That's quite insightful.
>>
>>7384839
How is this even possible without dying?
Replace alcohol with sex or aderall like a normal person. This goes to all of you freaks
>>
>>7381081
>>7381280
My exgf was an alcoholic, the way she would avoid the anxiety of constantly going to the same liqour store was that she would say that she was a bar manager at a bar and needed certain liquors for stock inventory
>>
>>7384849
Because when you're this far down the rabbit hole, drugs and sex are no longer enjoyable unless you're already drunk.
And even then, there's no guarantees
>>
>>7384873
lol

I've rehearsed comments about frequent booze buying also. The proprietor never asked though.
>>
>>7384900
'I'm having a party and I'm buying beer for all my guests'. But yeah they never ask.
>>
>>7380330
Drink water you fucking stone cold moron.
>>
I accidentally drank Bud Light once, it tasted worse than literal piss. And yes, I've actually tasted literal piss.

I can't believe people pay money for that swill.
>>
Is it bad to drink a lot of APAs? Are they too heavhy to drink in large amoujnts?
>>
>>7385298
One thing about "heavy" beers. Like stuff with a lot of hops, or malt. Your sweat and other bodily fluids take on that smell. For example when I used to drink lots of IPA my sweat would literally smell like hops. It was disgusting.

As far as health problems, beer isn't too bad other than calories.
>>
>>7385298
Its bad to drink too much of anything
>>
avoid bad beer

just drink vodka or good beer

personally i stick to vodka mixed with a 7.5 oz sierra mist
>>
>>7385361
thats a lot of sugar though.
>>
>>7385361
You must be young. Not an insult, just an observation. Seasoned defeatists (alcoholics) actively seek out the cheapest everything.
>>
i dont drink
>>
>>7385394
I don't post
>>
>>7381350
So what did you do to replace it? That's my biggest problem. I feel lost, bored, restless, and depressed if i don't drink in the evenings.
>>
>>7385052
Nah bud light is smooth and refreshing. Corona and a dozen other beers tastes like piss but not bud light. You sound like a fag that drinks shitty craft beers that taste like sour yeast
>>
File: PH12.jpg (49 KB, 680x363) Image search: [Google]
PH12.jpg
49 KB, 680x363
Drinking a half bottle of co-op brand imperial vodka. Get on my level plebs.

p.s. addiction is not real.
>>
File: 63516756599.jpg (55 KB, 720x513) Image search: [Google]
63516756599.jpg
55 KB, 720x513
>>
I wonder if drinking and writing school work will work.

any experiences?
>>
>>7385566
All those beers you listed are shitty, including Bud Light.
>>
>>7385940
The best writers are all hopeless drunks.
>>
>>7385940
Furnish your mind with beauty instead of poisonous substances. You will learn more kid.
>>
>>7385954
>Bukowski
>Hemmingway
>etc

When will this meme end that they are good writers?
>>
>>7385959
Hemingway is not a meme. Are you on crack?
>>
>>7380276
>>
File: 20160217_201321.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160217_201321.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
>>
File: aAr2Y9E_700b.jpg (319 KB, 600x4600) Image search: [Google]
aAr2Y9E_700b.jpg
319 KB, 600x4600
Activily drinked since 13 and am 30 now. Still living but what kind of life is it.
>>
>>7386006
Addiction is a fiction. I love you and so does your family. Stop, please.
>>
>>7386028
You sound like my sis.
But thanks, anon.
>>
how much does alcohol contribute to physical appearance degradation?

i've been noting thick wrinkles on my face recently. i'm 29. i wonder if they're alco-related. i drink heavily everyday.
>>
>>7386098
just drink more water and take multivitamin most days per week.

ive been drinking heavily for 15 years, and at 35 years old i look 26
>>
I drink a pint of taaka vodka every evening. No more, no less.
>>
>>7386098
I've seen it affect some people pretty badly. But I have been drinking heavily since I was 18 and I'm now 31 with a stupid baby face. It's actually troubling how little I've aged because I don't look like an adult.
>>
I've been staying near-drunk for about a month now. The only time I'm not drinking is the first few hours after waking up, and waiting for the hangover/nausea to go away.

I drink all through work too. I'm a manager at a small restaurant staffed mostly with teenagers and potheads, so nobody really cares. We don't serve alcohol though, so the GM would can my ass if he ever finds out.

Nothing but Miller High Life 32s, love them big gold cans.
>>
>>7386141
at least you just drink weak beer. it could be a lot worse.
>>
>>7386141
You need to stop. Now.

Day drinking will undo you. I know from experience, Miller High Life and all.
>>
>>7380276
I have a genuine question.
Would all you you alcoholics be better off smoking weed?
>>
>>7386190
Tried that. Live near colorado and weed is legal to buy there. I just get paranoid and anxious on marijuana. It's not enjoyable, at all. Was really hoping it would work.
>>
>>7386141
drinking at work is generally a terrible idea, especially if you have to interact with a customer. If their pissed off (common in resturaunts) and complain thats the first thing theyre going to use against you.
>>
>>7386176
THIS.

I thought I could handle day drinking after being a seasoned evening alcy for years. I went from being completely functional to being jobless and in a detox unit in less than 6 months. I can't stress enough how important it is to allow your body and brain enough time to be sobered up to allow those head chemicals to get back in balance. If you are spending most of your waking life under the influence even if you aren't full on drunk, you'll hit rock bottom before you even see it coming. I did this last year and cannot remember anything from February until late June.
>>
>>7386190
Yes, but it's illegal and expensive here. About $300 an oz if you want good quality. I can smoke that in a week. I spend about $80 a week on booze to stay drunk all the time.

Also, when you start smoking weed after being an alcoholic for a long time, it's pretty hard to stop thinking about what a horrible person you are and the damage you've done to your family. Feels pretty bad.
>>
>>7386176
Fuck this guy. Are you coping? Well keep drinking then. Don't be a beta bitch like this guy. If you can handle it keep it up.
>>
>>7386190
A lot of industries drug test, and a lot of them are high stress as well (police/fire/transportation, etc.)

Weed stays in your system for 30 days, its simply not an option
>>
>>7386195
>>7386207
Do you drink because of boredom?
>>
>>7386217
You're a fucking moron. Being constantly drunk is not coping, but hey, encourage him to ruin his life. What do I know?
>>
>>7386190
Alcohol causes physical ailments, weed mental one's. I'd rather have my liver fucked than my brain due to schizophrenia/psychosis . weed is very degenerate and dangerous. Only slow minded potheads tell you it is safe.
>>
I went to a DUI class yesterday and afterward got a bottle of popov and drank it on the way home.

YOLO
>>
>>7386232
>rather have my liver fucked than my brain due to schizophrenia/psychosis

Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>7386255
I will. Mental illness is 10 times more terrifying than physical illness. I've seen it first hand.
>>
>>7385566
wow the retard brigade has dispatched the piss beer defense force. semper tard, urine swiller!
>>
Do people actually unironically still become alcoholics?
That's kind of sad.
>>
>>7386232
alcohol is directly poisonous to brain
will cause permanent memory and personality and coordination changes

wernicke korsakoff- look it up
>>
File: pepesad.png (10 KB, 489x423) Image search: [Google]
pepesad.png
10 KB, 489x423
sup anons. been drinking 40%ABV daily for 5 years. was in the army for seven of those years. it made life much harder, and eventually was the cause behind some of the reasons i didn't re-up (weight too difficult to keep off, stress working BDE S3, personal relationships failing). currently at home, wodka on one side, sprite on the other. would like to quit and be healthy again, but willpower and self-respect are gone. if you're young and believe you're losing control but are willing to bet otherwise, cut that bitch out completely.
>>
>>7386372
if you can still handle drinking sugary soda with your booze you are doing pretty well in my book
>>
>>7386287

nah m8. it's a coping mechanism that can grow itself into a monkey. maybe if you felt anything you'd understand.
>>
>>7386372

>i was in the army for 7 out of 5 years
>>
>>7386426
Fringe division
>>
>>7386219
>concerned about weed
>not concerned about alcohol
>enough self control to turn up to the test sober
>>
>>7385954
Theres a gene that is connected to both alcoholism and creativity.
>>
>>7386132
Have you tried growing a beard?
>>
>>7383884
You dance in moonlight as the sun tallies the coming dawn; you are medicated, not living. At the least build up your savings

Source: (redacted)
>>
18 - drink only beer
19 - drink every type of liquor from whiskey to ouzo to gin and tequila
20-22 drink a fifth of vodka a day, start getting panic attacks
23-24(current age) make the switch to cheap whiskey and the panic attacks go away

Also, I have no problem drinking liquor but give me 2 tallboys and I'm buzzed as fuck
>>
File: 1455482266295.png (213 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1455482266295.png
213 KB, 360x360
>vodka
>>
Do alcoholics believe in god?
(or in any form of spirituality)
>>
Apparently, none of the beer drinking alcoholics here are homebrewers?

It's like you want financial ruin besides ruined health...
>>
>>7386190
This. I had a blazing alcoholic period for about a year, with my worst being me downing a fifth of cheap vodka every day. One day I woke up and just couldn't do it anymore, so I went to the hospital and stayed there for a few days detoxing. Was one of the worst experiences of my life, and once I was out, it took me a long time to really get better.

I started becoming a daily smoker during this time, and it has helped me immensely. Smoking has never killed anyone, and no it does not cause brain damage like this asshole here >>7386232 is trying to say. Alcohol however, does cause brain damage. Your mind becomes very foggy, and simple mental tasks seem impossible at times. When I was checking myself into the hospital, I couldn't even remember my own phone number. After about a year of getting down to normal healthier acceptable levels of alcohol consumption, I can tell you with 100% certainty that my brain faculties have sharpened more than I remember them being able to before I started on my downward slide.

My life has improved in every conceivable way since I gave up that alcoholic lifestyle. Do not let anyone tell you that it's hopeless. Do not let anyone tell you that alcohol will solve any of your problems. Do not let your mind trick you into thinking you don't have a problem. Weed helped me, and continues to, but I will admit it is not for everyone. A lot of people do get paranoid from it, but I think it would help if you started using it to replace alcohol before you become a full-blown alcy. Just remember, it doesn't have to end in sadness, it doesn't have to end in loss, it doesn't have to end in death.

I've lived it, and believe me when I tell you that the booze does not work.
>>
>>7386098
I drink a pint of whisky a day. Didn't do me any harm.
>>
>>7386949
> One day I woke up and just couldn't do it anymore
Pussy
>>
File: 8oz.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
8oz.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
In Hamerica, beer comes in thimbles
>>
File: 1454620167662;.jpg (92 KB, 445x656) Image search: [Google]
1454620167662;.jpg
92 KB, 445x656
>>7386096
I love you and want you to stop, no joke. Sorry you have been fooled into thinking drinking heavily=massive bravado you massive cunt.
>>
>>7386988
Takes a big pussy to not man up and continue to destroy his body. Joke's on you.
>>
So a bunch of threads ago, I proposed the idea of destroying my license to prevent myself from buying booze.

Well, I actually did it and I gotta say, I'm pretty pleased with the results. It's been about two weeks now and I've grown used to the idea of not being able to buy alcohol all. I don't really even care anymore. Only downside is other shit that might require ID that's not booze related, of which I've only encountered 1 and it turned out fine.

I think this works so well with me because 1) I'm lazy, and 2) I'm afraid of public embarrassment, and trying to buy alcohol, being carded and not having it would definitely be embarrassing to me, more so with other people around.

I have to get it renewed in November so I'm hoping by then I will have practically forgotten alcohol even exists.
>>
>>7387096
Takes an even bigger pussy to continue slowly killing yourself and somehow be proud of it.
>>
>>7387273
I realize the way I worded it made it come across like I was agreeing with>>7386988
but what I actually meant was exactly what you just said. Agreed 100%, sorry for confusion!
>>
Drink Kraken, neat with a couple of drops of fresh lime. Cunts.
>>
>>7387282
>Neat with a couple of drops of fresh lime
So not neat?
>>
>>7382546
I bet you're one of those people that tells clinically depressed people to cheer up
>>
>>7387280
Yeah, no worries, I realized that as well after I re-read your post when I replied.
>>
random ass question

is it bad to drink really hoppy beers

before the 20th century were there ANY really hoppy beers or is that mostly a modern phenomenon? '

when people binge drink on beers is it usually only light beers or lagers
>>
>>7385909
I think cringe threads are in another channel
>>
>>7387333
Alcohol of any kind is not good for you. There's nothing wrong with drinking it in moderation, obviously, but I'm not sure why hoppy beers would be somehow "worse". Not trying to be condescending, just trying to understand what your question stems from.
>>
how come every alchoolic i know is really skinny? you'd figure with all those calories they'd be really fat
>>
>>7386681
I would like to believe again, and still go to church, but it's a wax and wane thing.
>>
>>7387384

my question stems from the fact that im a hypochondriac...i constnatly worry about what i put into my body and how it effetcs my body/mind. i wish i could just relax and down a bunch of beers. but i've already down 4 APAs (5.2% alcohol content) and i despereatly want to drink more, because I feel really good, but I worry about the effect it will have on my body and brain. It feels like I can never just let loose and enjoy myself.
>>
>>7387433
We're in a thread full of people who I would highly advise to drink less but in your case, I would advise you drink more.
>>
Ive had a drinking problem for a few years. I go on benders for days or weeks at a time. Last one was two weeks long. Havent slept in two days.

Is aa for me? Im kind of quiet, dont have a bunch of bridges ive burned or loss of job or any dramatic shit like that. Im just tired of dealing with the shakes and insomnia.

Im 26.
>>
>>7387510
jesus. You need help. If I could give advice I would but you need professional help. Vote bernie.
>>
>>7387514

Im open to non professional advice, anon

And i dont really know who bernie is. Im from that dude weed country.

Ive been to a doc for help once. He gave me pills. Apparently i have a history of controlled substance abuse.
>>
>>7380276
i dont browse /ck/

does /ck/ have home brewing threads?
i been reading up on it, im going to buy a starter kit in a week or two

also any New Zealand based homebrewers? whats the scene like here i dont have many friends and i just make shit for my self generally

also budlight is SHITE
>>
>>7387550
They used to happen fairly often but I think the trolls and shitposters ran them off to /diy/
>>
>>7387283
As in.. No ice or any other shit.. Did I offend you bro?
>>
>>7380276
So. Is it just like the cool kid thing to do around here to call yourself an alcoholic when you spend a week getting loaded off of light beer? Sorry, just curious.
>>
>>7387354
>channel
fuck off
>>
>>7381350
Good for you. The few times I've dried out long-term I've always gotten really hypersensitive and self-pitying and morose.
>>
>>7387782
I'm always like that. Being drunk just intensifies it.
>>
>>7381350

Fuck are you me? I'm working on quitting though.

Heavy weekend binger with some moderate drinking during the week to keep the scaries away.

I think you're right. I know it's problematic when you only feel normal with a stiff buzz.

I'm afraid the anxiety won't go away. The depresaonlization and derealization suck so bad and it makes me want a drink.
>>
>>7386529
Can't say I'm surprised
>>
>>7387250
Whatever works
>>
>>7386190
half of the reason i drink is because pot triggered anxiety problems in the first place.

genuinely do not like pot
>>
>>7387840
>>7387815
Anxiety is a side effect of reduced alcohol consumption. Are you sure it isn't that?
>>
>>7382595
>alcoholism is a disease
Please look at what ascites does to you.
>>
>>7387867
could be. I always have some baseline level of anxiety/depersonalization, but since my ex of 4 years broke up with me i've been hitting the bottle pretty hard on the weekends, with some maintenance low key drinking during the week.

I think the anxiety is due to the fact that booze stresses out your body resulting in higher cortisone levels, so when you slow down the cort levels are still high hence the anxiety and insomnia.
>>
File: caputmedusae.jpg (49 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
caputmedusae.jpg
49 KB, 1080x810
>>7382595
yea people want to drink to the point where their liver gets so sclerotic that it cuts off blood flow to the hepatic portal resulting in blood having to take alternate routes to get to it's destination, sometimes they form in the throat and when they rupture the patient will bleed out from their mouth, same goes for rectum.

pic related
>>
I'm not half in the bag, I am completely in the bag. I'm fucking drunk as fuck and it is difficult to type this out.
>>
>>7382897
Hey anon, just enjoy yourself with her. Glad you left some the booze behind. Keep it up man.
>>
>>7386255
>>7386949
He's right though, at least in so far as weed affects everyone differently, and people predisposed to mental illness can pretty easily have it triggered by any psychoactive drug, which yes includes weed even though it's a mild one comparatively.

It doesn't mean you will definitely get mentally ill or that your chances are even high, but to say it's a lie is stupid. Just because it doesn't kill anyone doesn't mean it can't be harmful to certain people under certain conditions.

Beyond that, many people simply don't enjoy it, if it freaks you out and makes you anxious/paranoid that isn't worth doing. Fuck that.
>>
Only just hit legal age recently so have been looking to try out types of alcohol. Whiskey sounds like it would be nice.
Have previously only tried various beers, vodka (Smirnoff and Zubrowka) and some different types of liqueur and rum.
Any suggested starting points? I have very little money.
>>
>>7387410
Terrible nutrition, don't eat much
>>
>>7387510
It won't hurt to try aa
>>
>>7388035
Fat tire and Heineken for beer, Ezra Brooks for bourbon whiskey, luksosowa or monoplowa for potato vodka
>>
>>7388012
I would say it's pretty close to 100% safe to perhaps smoke a little bit one time instead of drinking alcohol to see if you enjoy it. Have an open mind and don't go into it thinking positive thoughts...I highly doubt taking a couple hits of a joint is going to trigger some latent psychological illness. If you take a hit or two and don't feel paranoid or weird then it's a good safe alternative to drinking poison. If you have a little and don't enjoy it, then obviously don't continue on with it. Alcohol is never a good alternative for anything, however.
>>
>>7388725
DO go into it with positive thoughts, excuse the typo
>>
>>7388035
hard liquor can easily kill you. stick with beer or nothing at all. I don't drink and I feel fantastic all day every day. consider it.
>>
How do you even function as an alcoholic? Don't you smell at work/uni?
>>
>>7388746
not every alcohol drinks 24/7

i dont come to work under the influence. just drink hard when im at home
>>
rate
>>
>>7388753
Pros:
Easy to drink.
Gets you fucking hammered.

Cons:
Expensive where I live
>>
>>7386724
If i was a responsible person i wouldnt be drinking every day
>>
>>7388746
I work in a resturant. Everyone is fucked up on something
>>
>tfw onset of liver cirrhosis
>tfw only 24
I thought I had more time. Its either quit or die within a few years. How the hell did both my parents manage to drink problem free until their forties and I get dealt this shitty hand?
>>
>>7388746
Where I work every one is either high or drunk or in recovery. No one gives a shit. That being said I'd tend to stick to vodka since it is less noticeable than say whiskey or beer. I mixed my vodka with drinks so I could keep a constant buzz at work and no one in the break room would think twice about whatever I was drinking. Also vaped my weed.
>>
>>7389301
As a former heroin addict I can tell you that plenty of other downers will do the trick if you want to spare your liver. Give opiates a shot.

Sorry about the shitty hand you were dealt.
>>
>>7389322
Actually actively trying to find opiates. Right now all I've been able to get is weed and benzos. I was able to find Vicodin, but that fucks with your liver too.
>>
>>7389331
It's not a longterm solution, really, for most people, but it will allow you months, if not a few years, to let your liver heal up. That will basically get you back to square one as far as liver health.

Best of luck to you.
>>
>>7389331
>>7389350
Also try the "deepweb". There are drug venders online. It's a long process filled with annoying steps, including installing Tor browser, using bitcoins or other digital currency, etc.

But it does work, and tons of people use it.

Try hanging out at the homeless shelter if your city has a heroin scene. tons of those folks will hook you up. If you cant find a street hookup theres your shot.
>>
>>7380276
>I've had at least 10 bud lights PER DAY for at least seven days running, with some Smirnoff vodka mixed in. Yes, I know Bud Light sucks. Yes, I know I'm a huge pussy for drinking light beer.
i was doing 12 with some whiskey before my crash. youll soon learn that liquor is easier to do than bloating yourself up with beer. yeah, beer is delicious, but now even after like 15 i still dont feel as sloshed as i used to. its not worth the calories and time to get smashed on beer. move to liquor now, and dont talk like you are proud of it. its shit, but for me it helps me sleep and relax after work. seriously, i feel sick after work and i need something like whiskey to knock me out.
>>
>>7389350
Thanks brother.
That's the plan.Give my liver a few months to a year to heal and go back to my old ways. Not really a good idea, but I'm not ready to get sober yet.
>>
File: old_style_12.jpg (28 KB, 317x586) Image search: [Google]
old_style_12.jpg
28 KB, 317x586
Quick question for Americans, my local market is selling Old Style beer, anyone has tried this?

I was buying PBR because was cheap and this beer looks like is taking his place.
>>
no, seen it, havent tried it. odds are its just simple malt, corn or wheat or rice, and water.
>>
>>7389301
How much were you drinking
>>
>>7382107
My local cinema has a bar in the lobby.

Southgate MJR, Downriver Detroit
>>
File: thor.jpg (32 KB, 1000x425) Image search: [Google]
thor.jpg
32 KB, 1000x425
>>7386996
Not quite, Hansel.
>>
>been drinking 8 to 12 8%+ beers a night for 4-5 months
>have gained about 10 pounds
>no other significant consequences, but this is enough to make me stop
>can't stand the idea of getting fat
>got a bad cold a few days ago
>haven't had a drink in two days
>hoping i can keep this under control after i feel better and drop that weight
>>
File: 97.png (76 KB, 160x250) Image search: [Google]
97.png
76 KB, 160x250
midnight here, just finished a long studio session at uni. Gonna nurse a couple of these bad boys and listen to some albums.
>>
>>7390172
how do you afford to drink that much a night?!

are you .. neet?

I love beer.
>>
>>7390780
Seven pm here. Already on my 6th. Don't let your meat loaf!
>>
>>7390797
>>7390797
what you drinking fella?
>>
File: suipepe.png (953 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
suipepe.png
953 KB, 2000x2000
>tfw drink 6 - 10 drinks a day for a decade
>nobody expects me to die soon
How do I into rock 'n' roll guys?
>>
whats your go to session ale lads
>>
>>7390835
session ale and an alcoholic?

idk though man, i got a couple of 4-packs of pic related in the UK. stupid expensive though.
>>
>>7390878
i love brewdog, don't care if its a meme beer

punk ipa is tasty af
>>
>>7386303
The Lee Rigby murder - look it up.
>>
>>7390785
no, i make about $105k/yr and my wife makes a little more than that, so i don't really think twice about it.
>>
>>7390941
I make ten thousand grand and I fuck your wife in the ass!
>>
Posted above last night. Two days without sleep, cant take another night. Bought 3 740 mls of beer to hopefully help knock me out if i drink them fast enough.

I cant go back to a pint of vodka a night during the week.
>>
>>7389704
Anywhere from a fifth to almost two fifths of vodka a day by the end.
>>
I'm trying to cut back on drinking. Recently I had a few too many drinks on my way to Vancouver, ended up smashing my face on the Greyhound bus by falling in the aisle. Got to the city and had breakfast with a friend (the bus was 2:30-7:00am) and in the process lost my hat and scarf. After all that I decided to grab a couple gin and tonics before I caught my boat, only to get banned from the ferry for the day because I was intoxicated.
Unfortunately, tonight is my friend's birthday and I don't know how I'm going to not drink
>>
>>7380276
Titos with some beer I am trying out called Devastator. I love Vodka and for some reason Tito's is my fav despite not being the best and the beer is just to try new things
>>
>>7391191
That'll do it.
>>
>>7380821
Stick to beer on the weekend and you should be fine
>>
>>7380999
Well basically it comes down to if you can set a healthy limit and follow it or if you have to stop entirely. AA does not hold the magical solution to stopping alcoholism, it has a series of steps that people can follow with a support network to manage their addiction. It sounds like you are able to control when you drink, so just be aware of what compels you to drink and manage it
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.