[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /ck/ consider gouda cheese to be really good or "meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: SmokedGouda.jpg (379 KB, 1100x688) Image search: [Google]
SmokedGouda.jpg
379 KB, 1100x688
Does /ck/ consider gouda cheese to be really good or "meme food" level?
>>
There's like a million different types of gouda, you might as well ask if we like chedder or if it's a meme.
>>
What isn't "meme food"?
>>
Have you ever considered killing yourself? Like, instead of slicing cheese or a tomato, you would slice your wrists, or instead of putting carrots in a blender, you would put in your microencephalitic head. I've considered that. I think the world would be a better place if OP just died.
>>
>>7379086
I thought the only difference between gouda were how long it was aged
>>
>>7379096
There's also what kind of milk was used, where it was aged, and whether or not it was smoked.
>>
>>7379104
>There's also what kind of milk was used, where it was aged, and whether or not it was smoked.

Only cow milk is used.

Where it was aged doesn't matter.

So basically, all gouda is pretty much the same other than age and the smoked varities are only slightly different

Fuck off with your hipster faggoty knowledge
>>
the problem is how wendys insists gouda is somehow fancy
it's more entry level than brie
>>
>>7379117
Idk senpai it's possible for the quality of the milk to differ a lot.
>>
>>7379129
how idiot, milk is fucking millk
>>
>>7379117
>Only cow milk is used.
"Cow milk" is not a universal commodity. How and where the cows were raised affects the flavor of the milk and therefore the cheese. There's also the fat content used, and whether or not the milk was pasteurized.

>Where it was aged doesn't matter.
Sure it does. The environmental conditions and their fluctuations (or lack thereof) greatly affect the aging of cheese (and wine, spirits, etc.)
>>
>>7379117
gouda a process not a type

it's tradionally made with cow's milk but you can use any kind

i just got some water buffalo gouda

it's quite nice
>>
>>7379074
>pasteurized part skim milk
>New York artisan
Low quality bait my fat, diabetic, colonial friend.
>>
>>7379074
>"meme food" level
Only in America where this sort of fake, low quality shit exists.
>>
I consider it really gouda
>>
Gouda is pretty gooda
>>
>>7379146
>>7379150
>>7379086
>>7379104
>>7379129
Gouda is a fucking protected cheese produced in the Netherlands, in the city, not surprisingly named, Gouda. It's cow milk only. The only variance is aging. Fuck off with you're idiotic made-up shit
>>
>>7379167
>Fuck off with you're idiotic
>you're
>idotic
>>
Unless it's really aged vintage Gouda then it extremely pleb tier and a complete waste of time.
>>
>>7379167
there are protected dutch goudas but you can make it anywhere with any milk

cope
>>
>>7379074
Gouda is my favorite "soft" cheese
>>
File: 094905_laff.jpg (17 KB, 265x300) Image search: [Google]
094905_laff.jpg
17 KB, 265x300
>>7379074
>New York Gouda
Absolute clueless cunts.
>>
>>7379176
so it's not gouda

>>7379170
>being new
>>
File: pepegoof.jpg (577 KB, 1500x1051) Image search: [Google]
pepegoof.jpg
577 KB, 1500x1051
>>7379167
I am from Gouda in the Netherlands. The only 'protected' dutch Gouda is actually not made in Gouda. Aged Gouda is btw the best cheese that exists.
>>
>>7379074
Smoked Gouda is my favorite burger cheese.

"memefood" is a meme. If you like it, don't worry about it, and fucking eat it.
>>
>>7379181
No one cares about semantics you aspie
>>
I hate gouda, don't know what it is about it but for me it's a shit-tier cheese. It's bad sliced on a sandwich, it's bad hot on a burger, I basically have no uses for it...
>>
>>7379332
It's pretty good in poutine.
>>
smoked gouda is actually gouda mixed with liquid smoke...
>>
>>7379344
If it tastes good, eat it. Or smoke it yourself, or find a deli that isn't shit.

Random fact: Lots of tasty foods have artificial flavorings. It's okay man. We won't make you get vaccinated either.
>>
>>7379332
I love gouda, but it has no business on a sandwhich; way too over powering
>>
Old Amsterdam is my jam, homie.
>>
>>7379344
Not all. Where I work there is a smokehouse just for Gouda.
>>
This afternoon, at the deli counter, I heard two people pronounce gouda as "goo-da."
>>
>>7379074
It's a complete fucking meme. Worse than Disneyland.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MokF6_gdWho
>>
>>7379910
that is the proper way for english speakers to pronounce it
>>
>>7379332
>"If it doesn't go on a cold or hot sandwich, I have no uses for it"
fucking pleb
>>
>>7379930
No
>>
>>7379983
who the fuck doesn't pronounce it that way in english?
>>
>>7379991
Everyone who didn't grow up in a trailer park.
>>
>>7380036
Fuck off, you moron.
>>
>>7380068
You pronounce it with the ou part of pronounce.
>>
>>7379176
that's just called "cheese"
>>
>>7382225
That's not how it's pronounced in Dutch. Why would English speakers, besides complete fucktards, pronounce it in as "GowDuh"?
>>
>>7382243
Its gou-da u idiot not gow-da
>>
>>7379074

meh, fuck your meme shit. Its the most common used cheese here in the Netherlands. Atleast is better then your fucking kraft singles.
>>
goo-duh

It's okay, I never buy it though.
>>
Proper pronounciation is like Grrr ouda
>>
>>7379088
meatloaf
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.