[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ck/ approved spice blends?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: 0209161349a-1.jpg (1 MB, 2457x2035) Image search: [Google]
0209161349a-1.jpg
1 MB, 2457x2035
My heart stops without these bad boys
>>
are you going to make this thread every week?
>>
>>7378809

Fuck your monosodium glutamate and your Jamie Oliver "bad boy" shit dialect.
>>
equal parts caraway cumin and coriander seeds toasted and ground
>>
>>7378809
I never use spice blends. Maybe I'm weird, but using them feels like "cheating", like the easy way out instead of figuring out the best spice mixes for yourself. You don't get to experiment, and you don't grow past "Chicken? Better use my chicken blend. Fish? Better use my fish blend." I know professional chefs use spice blends, but usually they use blends they made themselves rather than ready made ones.
>>
File: avatar_5ea7133fb58f_128.png (30 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
30 KB, 128x128
>>7379532
>msg is bad
>>
>>7379740

MSG will fuck your head up after a meal... of course it's bad.
>>
>>7378809
Anything with tons of garlic. Also:
>meat magic
Anon pls...... come on
>>
>>7381554
Do you even aware it naturally occurs in cheese, meat, tomatoes etc?
>>
>>7381574

so because of that we need to add it to everything? your brain produces DMT, and with your logic maybe we should just smoke DMT all day and night long. wtf is your point?
>>
>>7381578
>so whatr u sayn? ur body makes meat so maybe we should jus eat meat all day and night long wtf back the fuck off???
There's a big difference between a spice and potent hallucinogens, retard
Don't even try and contest me, it's a fact - you're retarded
>>
>>7381578
>so because of that we need to add it to everything?
If you like savoury flavours why not?
>wtf is your point?
If you claim to be a special snowflake who is sensitive to the glutamates found in msg, you would also avoid cheeses, meats especially beef and a lot of other savoury foods for the very same reasons you avoid msg. The fact that you don't shows that your either deluded or just ignorant of basic food chemistry.
>>
You guys are worse than the fucking FDA when it comes to trying to force feed shit to the public and justifying the cancer it causes. Good day, sirs!!
>>
>>7381574
Um... And...? There are a lot of naturally occurring things that we don't run out and stuff into every orofice on our body.
Oh America, you never fail to disappoint.
>>
what's next... a splenda thread?
>>
>>7381586

>savoury flavours

For someone that types like a Eurofag, I'd expect better taste in actual herbs and spices from you. MSG is the poor man's enhancer and it shows shit taste and knowledge of the culinary arts.
>>
File: german humor.png (627 KB, 1449x1484) Image search: [Google]
german humor.png
627 KB, 1449x1484
>>7381593
>>7381593
>A popular belief in the Anglosphere, known as "Chinese restaurant syndrome", is that large doses of MSG can cause headaches and other feelings of discomfort, but scientists have been unable to trigger such reactions in controlled studies ("Questions and Answers on Monosodium glutamate (MSG)". U.S. Food and Drug Administration. November 19, 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2014.)

>The median lethal dose (LD50) is between 15 and 18 g/kg body weight in rats and mice, respectively, five times greater than the LD50 of salt (3 g/kg in rats). The use of MSG as a food additive and the natural level of glutamic acid in foods are not toxicological concerns in humans.

But tell me more about your headaches
>>
>>7381602
Thank you very much for not only taking the time to biasly Google uncited info to back up your point, but also for assuming I am the other poster.
You are a true intellect good sir *tips fedora*
>>
>>7381602

>believing and siding with the FDA

we all hope you grow up some day and smell the coffee.
>>
>>7381586
Cyanide is in apples so maybe you should put some in your food.
>>
File: cyborg man memes me up.jpg (59 KB, 773x536) Image search: [Google]
cyborg man memes me up.jpg
59 KB, 773x536
>>7381603
I provided the most specific, direct, official source possible.
If you're against MSG, you're getting hot and bothered over nothing.
>>
>>7381603
So what's your sources to counter his claims?
>>
>>7381604
>believing and siding with the government agency that stands between me and eating a can of botulism
You're damn skippy I do
>>
>>7381606
Stop eating apple seeds, retard.
>>
MSG is an excitotoxin that does have an effect on neurons in our brains. That is an undeniable fact and sufficient proof that it can cause headaches or other effects.
>>
>>7381602

>comparing headaches in humans to lethal doses given to rodents.

How retarded is this? Can a mouse tell you if he has a headache? We're not talking about dying from MSG here... we're talking about it causing discomfort after a meal.
>>
>>7381615

Do you even know what you're talking about?

Botulism is caused by canning... a process approved by the FDA.
>>
File: SODIUM DEFICIT.jpg (231 KB, 1444x604) Image search: [Google]
SODIUM DEFICIT.jpg
231 KB, 1444x604
I'm not going to say I'm sorry.
>>
>>7381619

Yeah man, there's a whole lot of msg related health problems in Japan where its a common ingredient in home kitchens. Those Japanese people always complain about msg headaches and flushed skin after dinner. It's all they talk about. And that MSG associated epidemic of brain cancer that's been sweeping Japan for the last hundred years since MSG became a part of the Japanese diet is tragic but they just can't stop eating it.

Also, you're a retard.
>>
>>7381603

Learn to read you fucking retard. There's a source cited in the first paragraph.
>>
>>7378809
make your own you stupid fucking shit.

Sea Salt, Fresh Pepper, Fresh Chilly, Fish Sauce, fresh herbs, keep fucking your dad.
>>
I generally mix my own spice blends. That being said, I always have Old Bay, blackening seasoning, curry powder, and since I'm a Florida native Everglades seasoning because sometimes I'm lazy.
>>
>>7381724

FDA shill confirmed.
>>
>>7381724

Every single "point" you've attempted to make in this thread has been shitted on. Numerous attempts there. Yet you end every post by implying that I'm retarded? OK, there Mr. McCormick... Enjoy your shitty health in your 60s.
>>
>>7382293
"Thanks for always having my back, anon" - Middle aged white suburbanite mom.
>>
>>7382293

That was the only post I made in this thread

>thinks he's only talking to one person.
>>
>>7378809
Chef Paul blackened redfish blend is the greatest
>>
How do I make my own msg? Can't find a online recipe
>>
if MSG is so bad why do asian people eat so much and have longer life spans hmmm???!?!???
>>
>>7381639
It's not a comparison. The second quote is just saying MSG isn't going to kill you.

The part you need to read again is:
>large doses of MSG can cause headaches and other feelings of discomfort
>but scientists have been unable to trigger such reactions in controlled studies
>unable to trigger such reactions
>>
>>7384363

maybe you should be asking why they have such high suicide rates instead.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.