[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tofu is the Arch Linux of food. Tofu love thread? How do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 13
File: tofu.jpg (44 KB, 1000x781) Image search: [Google]
tofu.jpg
44 KB, 1000x781
Tofu is the Arch Linux of food.

Tofu love thread? How do you like your tofu?
>>
>>7373438
>>
>>7373438

in the bin
>>
>>7373438

in the bin after I'm done hating it.
>>
>>7373473
>>7373467
>in the bin

Nice argument you've got over there OP. Keep that ignorance up!
>>
>>7373438
it's shit

at least eat something that isn't flavorless goop
like paneer or something
>>
install soy beans
>>
Mapo tofu is good. Japan eats their tofu by just, draining it and putting soy sauce and maybe scallions on it. That works too.

Tofu is a bad meat substitute though. You should use tofu to it's strengths.
>>
>>7373438
>Mom, I can't go shopping with you, the newest update broke my soy config!
>>
>>7373488
What's a good substitute to meat then ? Apart from fish I mean.
>>
>>7373514
There isn't one. Don't try to make meat dishes without meat.
>>
I fucking love tofu. I think people who've never had it cooked well can't appreciate it, which is why they freak out about it. And I speak from experience, because I grew up in a rural town in the midwest ON a cattle ranch, and thought I hated tofu until I moved to the west coast and tried some of the 99999999 ways you can cook tofu. Some are good, some are bad, and some are great. Especially since tofu can take on the flavors of whatever you marinate/cook/sauce it with. I'm just now learning to use tofu skin, which took me awhile to figure out, that's some weird stuff.
>>
>>7373438
Mapo Tofu is good, even the stuff with soy sauce and scallions is p good.

Favorite is fried tofu though. It goes good with rice.
>>
I've had a container of tofu sitting in my fridge for a while now. Any good beginner recipes for this stuff?
>>
Does tofu turn into poo before you even start eating it? If not then it's nothing like Arch
>>
>>7373438
>Tofu is the Arch Linux of food
Tofu breaks itself on a regular basis and is eaten only by no-life hipsters for the sole purpose of proving that they're capable of doing it?
>>
>>7374690
>>7374529

Why are people looking at my statement in si much detail? I just meant that you can give it any flavour.
>>
Stinky tofu is great
>>
tofu is pretty nice
it's great for stir fries, cut in cubes and marinated.
>>
Hmm for some reason American made tofu sucks, especially the ones that come in those white square packages.

I always get mine from this Vietnamese tofu store
>>
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 800x450
Tofu is fucking glorious. It isn't a meat substitute you white fucks. It goes very well alongside meats. It is a food of its own value.

I enjoy firm dense tofu the most. I like tofu in almost any decent Asian dish. Lately I am cooking a lot of the stuff in spicy Korean soups. I also like to just lightly fry some in butter to add to any dish.
>>
>>7373438
Fried with General Tso's Sauce
>>
>>7373551
>Especially since tofu can take on the flavors of whatever you marinate/cook/sauce it with

I don't know why people keep saying this. ANY food takes on some the flavour of what it is cooked with. Tofu still tastes like tofu no matter what it is cooked in, it just gets the flavour of the sauce. Just like how chicken nuggets take on the flavour of tomato sauce when it is dipped in tomato sauce.
>>
>>7375049
They have a whole store dedicated to selling tofu?
>>
Enjoy your estrogen, low test betas.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 384x384
>>7375106
>tfw you realise a lot of 4chan users are female, trans, or quadra gender demivampire.
>>
File: image.jpg (7 KB, 382x358) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7 KB, 382x358
>>7375120
>demivampire
Those are the ones to look out for
>>
>>7375103
Yeah they mostly make tofu in house, usually fried tofu, but you can probably get the plain white ones.
Their fried ones come plain, with chili, or with cellophane noodles and wood ear mushrooms.
They sell other vietnamese food things, I only ever bought the fried tofu.

This was a long time ago though, I dont live around there anymore, they are probably still there.
>>
>>7375106
East Asians eat tofu the most, and they have better birth rates than the West right now. Also all the "be masculine, eat sat fats, go to sweaty zoo every day" is ironically modern males being obsessed with the woman's way of thinking. That they need to meet the requirements of their gender and do endless skirt-chasing. In the past the best men were nobles. Eat soy, it's healthy.
>>
>>7375106
sounds good to me, i wish i was a cute girl
>>
What is the MemePad™ of Kettles?
>>
File: sceak.jpg (698 KB, 2143x2856) Image search: [Google]
sceak.jpg
698 KB, 2143x2856
>>7375106
Maybe if you exercised more you wouldn't have to worry about your moobs so much, Sceak
>>
>>7373438

I really wish that people started cooking tofu as tofu, and not as "nuh, it's just like meat" vegan hipster bullshit.

If you're vegan there is no need to eat fake meat, just eat vegetables as they should be eaten.
>>
The best tofu comes from a big bucket
>>
>>7373438
Can't eat it, it gives me stomach aches and diarrhea. I do seem to be able to tempeh though, probably because it's fermented and not processed as much.
>>
>>7375142
Unprocessed soy is healthy (tempeh for example), soy milk and tofu not so much, I don't think it'll hurt you though unless you eat massive quantities.
>>
>>7375230
I know this isn't fit, but what exercises do you do? I'd like my body to look like yours. Right now I'm doing a lot of weight training, presses, dead lifts, curls, but I gotta work on my midsection more.
>>
>>7375289
Run a lot and eat iceberg lettuce and maca root powder blended with deionized water
>>
>>7375309
really, just lots of cardio?
>>
>promoting estrogen in your diet

I wonder who could be behind this thread
>>
>>7375337
EPIC JOKE! MUST BE YOUR WIFE'S SON AMIRITE? LMAO KEKS! SWEDEN!
>>
>>7375331
No, not just. The diet is important too. It's important to avoid any inadvertent muscle growth.

Also don't run too fast. You should be able to sing normally. If you have to break a phrase to catch your breath, you're exerting yourself too much and might get all muscley.
>>
>>7375346
woah woah woah, lets take this one step at a time, singing is a bit advanced for me.
>>
>>7375346
think you missed >>7375142 cuckmemer
>>
>>7375120
me honestly
>>
>>7375106
That's not how it works
>>
>>7373551
What are some of your the easiest/best ways to prepare tofu? I want to start eating it more but I don't know where to begin
>>
File: House Foodslarge.jpg (162 KB, 609x458) Image search: [Google]
House Foodslarge.jpg
162 KB, 609x458
>>7377276
I broil it in the oven for a bit, then I make mapo tofu with this stuff. I don't even bother with the ground meat usually. I'll throw in some chopped onion or whatever if I have it.
>>
>>7373466
Kotomine, is that you?
>>
>>7373438
the only time I really eat tofu is when I go to the original sab e lee in san diego. pretty sure they deep fry cubes of extra firm... bomb in yellow curry.
>>
>>7373476
Tofu is shit!

Shiiiiiiiit!
>>
>>7377302
Thank you! Have a good night
>>
File: 20100228-tutti_tonyufuro.jpg (70 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
20100228-tutti_tonyufuro.jpg
70 KB, 480x640
i sometimes take a Tofu shower (`ー' )
>>
>>7373466
AbsolutelyDisgusting.png
>>
Firm tofu pan seared and then dumped in peanut satay sauce.

Peanut satay sauce is composed of these ingredients in this order
Peanut butter > power gap > soy sauce > power gap > sugar > chicken stock* > power gap > lime juice > fish sauce* > garlic > ginger > chili > rice wine vinegar* > oyster sauce* > pepper > msg/salt
SECRET INGREDIENT: English blue cheese. Don't ask, it just works. If you're using 200g of peanut butter, then you should be using 30ish grams of cheese.

Consistency should be closer to ketchup than paste

*These are just things that add complexity. They're not necessary. You could sub then or omit them completely.
Hot pan. Julienned tofu. Toasted sesame oil. Fry in batches. Add to the pan. Add your sauce. Simmer for however long.
>>
>>7373438
I used to love tofu. Fried, scrambled, even baked, there are so many ways to make it delicious.

Then people convinced me I might become feminine if I eat too much soy, and I was scared away from it.
>>
>>7377760
Do you have a power gab between your thighs?
>>
>>7377779
Eh those "soy is bad b/c hormones" claims are bullshit and have been dubunked several times. It involves phytoestrogen (plant estrogen) which can't translate to animal estrogen (which includes humans). Cow's milk, however, is full of animal estrogen, so if there's anything those soy haters should be against, it's cow's milk. Ironically, it's the dairy industry that tries to push the soy scare tactics to get people away from animal milk alternatives
>>
File: atuage1.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
atuage1.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
Fried tofu (Atsu-age) is popular in Japan
its really tasty
try it ^p^
>>
>>7380228
Pretty much only thing keeping me buying milk is it tastes good.
>>
>>7381044
how do you make it
>>
File: 3989960.jpg (41 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
3989960.jpg
41 KB, 300x400
>>7381056
we just buy ready-made one at stores in Japan ^o^
if you want to make it by yourself,
drain and press tofu gently
and fried it lightly, blending a little sesame oil
not too deep just the surface
>>
>>7381103
ナイスですね
>>
>>7373438
Tofu is for those who can't or don't know cassava.
>>
File: 38d.jpg (29 KB, 400x505) Image search: [Google]
38d.jpg
29 KB, 400x505
>>7373438
fuck linux and fuck you too, faggot.
i bet you like taking cock up the asshole, you say you're a 'vegan' but love a good old-fashioned cockmeat sandwich.
>>
>>7381103

God fucking damn I hate you. Kill yourself weeaboo.
>>
>>7381371
And what pray tell is wrong with taking cock up the asshole?
>>
>>7381569
>not that there's anything wrong with that...
don't you see the hypocrisy with swearing off meat but literally taking meat up the butt?
>>
>>7381599
The meat I deepthroat isnt caged, tortured and abused for months on end before being slaughtered.
So no I don't see your point
>>
>>7374690
Yes
Exactly
>>
>>7381608
he is calling you a huge faggot and that you should feel bad for it
>>
>>7373548
Chili without meat is still tasty. I know it's better with meat, but there are plenty of dishes that traditionally have meat that are still good or at least ok without them.

That said, I think most meat substitutes are industrial waste that has been ok'd by the FDA for human consumption.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.