[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/diabetic/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: Blue-circle-200px.jpg (24 KB, 250x220) Image search: [Google]
Blue-circle-200px.jpg
24 KB, 250x220
Can we have a diabetic-friendly food thread? What are some nice diabetic-friendly foods and recipes?
>>
marble cake
>>
Domino's came out with those chocolate lava cakes. Just titrate your insulin dose a bit and eat anything.
>>
a big bowl of sugar topped with corn syrup
>>
>>7372003
also, the game.
>>
>>7372212
>2009 was 7 years ago
>>
File: 2016-02-13-10-15-28-1017517257.jpg (7 KB, 206x245) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-13-10-15-28-1017517257.jpg
7 KB, 206x245
Germs thread?
>>
>>7372239
Yes, it was.
>>
What is the best sugar-free sweetener?
>>
>>7372836
I like stevia. Natural and delicious.
>>
>>7372836
I switched back to real sugar after reading all the horror stories regarding sweeteners.
>>
TYPE 1 ONLY WELCOME

TYPE 2 GTFO THIS THREAD
>>
literally get stoned and go through bags of sweets and crisps every day

Blood sugar is always between 5-8 mmol
>>
>>7371990
Are you type 2 diabetic? You know you can cure that with a whole food plant based diet.
>>
File: 1454093493846.jpg (44 KB, 374x363) Image search: [Google]
1454093493846.jpg
44 KB, 374x363
>>7374042
I dont know where to start
>>
>>7373140
What do these horror stories entail?
>>
>>7374042
>You know you can cure that with a whole food plant based diet.

Is there any reputable scientific data regarding that, something that isn't from a wacky new-age "marijuana cures cancer and crystal healing works" source? I'm sure if there was an actual cure for diabetes it would be in use everywhere.
>>
try exercise you fat fuck
>>
>>7374181
Yes, it really works. But you will go hungry sometimes, and you will certainly lose weight. First thing you should watch the documentary "Forks over Knives".
>>
>>7374181
>>7374224
Also, lots of information here http://nutritionfacts.org/topics/diabetes/
>>
>>7374160
See
>>7374224
>>7374229
>>
File: ccake.jpg (123 KB, 799x638) Image search: [Google]
ccake.jpg
123 KB, 799x638
Type 1 the thread: Eat everything you want take extra insulin.

Only good thing about being a type 1.
My A1C is still under 7 even though I drink soda daily.
>>
>>7374376
Type 2s can't do the same thing?
>>
Type 1 here. Been doing keto for several months. Blood glucose levels are the best they've been in almost 30 years. I've reduced my basal dose, almost never take a bolus dose now. Eat pretty much whatever the fuck I want since I'm not a fatty, but I've lost weight any way.

I like bacon, grilled and roasted meat, cheese, sauteed vegetables, eggs, whatever enormously rich and decadent savory meaty fatty foods I feel like cooking. Best health in my life since I was a little kid. Beware the big pharma insulin cartel shills. If you're younger, keto might reverse your type 1. Your autoimmune system might recover. They're not telling us this because they're not interested in losing their biggest cash cow.
>>
>>7374619
oh, and btw, keto completely reverses type 2. It is irrefutable. So you gotta ask yourself: you wanna live 20 years longer without being on all kinds of shitty drugs and feel great, or do you wanna eat twinkies feel like shit riding the rollercoaster, go blind and have your fucking feet cut off, spending the last years of your life on dialysis?
>>
>>7374160
Start with asking a real doctor who knows what they're talking about.
>>
>>7374447
If they're not on insulin, no they can't
And if they're to the point where they have to be on insulin, they probably shouldn't
>>
>>7374619
+1

Also type 1. Joined a gym and started keto, my blood sugar spiked like fuck immediately after working out for the first week of strength training (I still have no idea why), now they're going down after working out and I'm stable as fuck all the rest of the time.

Keto has had a huge effect too and I have more stable energy levels to boot. Plus I'm losing weight and gaining muscle.

While I don't think keto is the best diet ever and it's essentially just atkins/cambridge diet 2.0, I think cutting carbs out unless they're from vegetables or whole grains is a good call for most diabetics.

To answer OP though, there isn't a single thing I wouldn't eat that a normal person would. If you have to eliminate or exclude something from your diet you're not doing diabetes right.
>>
File: fit-drink.jpg (443 KB, 936x1319) Image search: [Google]
fit-drink.jpg
443 KB, 936x1319
Also an image I put together a couple days ago, hope it's useful to some
>>
Monitoring this thread, Got an appointment with my consultant tomorrow, gotta feeling my Hba1c is gonna be shit. My control is pretty bad, mostly me not testing blood glucose and putting off doing an injection after eating.
>>
>>7374042
plant diets totally restore a permenately damaged pancreas
>>
>>7377032
I think the Atkins diet was based on the ketogenic diet. Some Johns Hopkins doctor developed it for epileptic kids who were resistant to anti-seizure medication, after which they were no longer resistant or no longer required medication. I'm kind of pissed that researchers aren't doing studies on this with type 1 diabetic children. But again, big pharma, the FDA, and all the dirty shill medical doctors in the US are extremely corrupt. Even the good, ethical doctors have virtually no access to research funding or legitimate research trial papers that aren't ridiculous cherry picked positive results for big pharma's newest fast-tracked patented drugs. So, by default all efforts are put into peddling these drugs to everyone as perpetual disease maintenance therapy. Jesus, just look at how medicine has dealt with the type 2 epidemic. This should not happen. The US should have cured type 2, at least 10 years ago. And as far as type 1 and ketogenic diets, there are only very promising anecdotal reports. It's working very well for me, but the situation is infuriating.
>>
>>7378187
I went to 4 different doctors in Seattle and none of them would even give me the time of day. Each one wanted me to come back in 2 weeks for a checkup. Why the fuck would I come back in 2 weeks when you just wasted 30 minutes of my life so you can ignore every one of my symptoms? I'm surprised we don't see more shootings at doctors offices.
>>
>>7374376
This is not good. it's not just about hitting a goal number. You should be aiming to be healthy as possible.
>>
>>7374181
Good diet and fat loss obviously cures non-insulin dependent diabetes, this is common fucking knowledge.

Are you one of those autistics who doesn't believe doctors because you're afraid of them?
>>
>>7377040
>juice
>low calorie/low sugar
No
>>
File: zevia-soda-non-gmo.jpg (203 KB, 1125x1125) Image search: [Google]
zevia-soda-non-gmo.jpg
203 KB, 1125x1125
>>7377040
>no Zevia
>>
>>7378247
The only juice in the entire picture is the vegetable juices, and carrots are probably the highest sugar vegetable there with maybe 4g/carrot

If you think that's high calorie or high sugar you're a mental.

>>7378266
Never tried it but it looks good. I wanted universal brands that weren't stupid expensive or gimmicky though
>>
>>7378213
Whoa, wait up. What's the issue? Are you a diabetic?
>>
coke zero is much better than diet coke, imho
You can pretty much have whatever you want as long as you bolus accordingly, it's more of a pain in the ass that it costs so much and you have to eat or you'll go into a coma. >>7377032
probably just stress. I spike horrendously if I get pissed off
>>
>>7378953
interesting. I'm not >>7377032, but I'm this guy >>7374619 . I've always been pretty low stress, but I had a carb binge for social reasons once since I started a keto diet, and for several days afterwards going back to low carb, my usual basal dose was inadequate for fasting blood sugar levels. I wonder if it's some weird metabolic thing with the liver. I gotta grill my endocrinologist about it.

Coke zero tastes weird to me. Maybe I'm just familiar with the weird taste of diet coke.
>>
>>7379041
ah, yeah I don't know could have something to do with the liver.
Not a doctor or a dietitian, and I know high BS sucks and is something people want to avoid but I am not sure going full meat is the best idea vis a vis cholesterol. I barley eat any processed food outside of grains and eat moderate amounts of meat and I'm getting chastised for having borderline high cholesterol, but who knows maybe my blood just gloms onto it. Whatever works for people, actually I wouldn't mind checking it out after a bit of googling looks like it would be decent otherwise, even if just for taste.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-15-14-17-47.png (161 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-15-14-17-47.png
161 KB, 480x854
>>7374164
Probably
>>
>>7379135
Yummy.
>>
>>7372836
acesulfame-k with saccharin and sucralose

Aspartame and sodium cyclamate GTFO (That includes you,coke zero)
>>
>>7374181
>wacky new-age "marijuana cures cancer
it does tho
>>
>>7372836
try raw blue agave as a sugar sub. low glycemic
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.