[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What to eat in Greece
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
Going to Athens this April. Some Greek fag able to suggest what to get there to eat. Personally I think Greek cuisine is god tier, just too short time to try it all; need to optimize :v
>>
>>7370229
youre going to get killed by antifa or some shit
>>
>>7370229
Just gonna let you know that Greece is nothing like the John Travolta movie. I was disappointed.

What's the capital of Greece? About $100

You know what? I've got nothing productive to add, so free bump, I guess
>>
Octopus salad
>>
I spent almost a month in Greece, and only one night of that was in Athens (to see the Acropolis).

Travel around and eat super fresh cheap foods from all over, especially the islands.

Athens is pretty much a giant slum town. Go to any of the non touristy islands and you will be eating like a king.
>>
>>7370239
I kek'ed you ding-dong
>>
I'm already bit scared about that. I hope going around with light and looking casual/poor like shit will help.

I'm really going to try a lot. I'm from Italy so not that different, still I suppose will be fun.
>>
man ass
>>
Moussaka
Tonnes of souvlaki
Cheese pie
>>
souvlaki
good fuckin lamb gyros with tzatziki
mousaka is aight, make sure you find somewhere good to get it

the highlight every time ive gone to greece has been fuckin taste as fuck spinach and feta pies

one time i went to kos for like a week or so with my little brother off season because nomonies, best european holiday desu. there was a hot titty woman sunbathing topless by the pool at our hotel, a small cheap little bakery just over the road (like 20ft from the door) from the hotel that sold the tastiest feta pies and these huge glazed donuts
just about quarter of a mile down the road there was a big empty restaurant with a family just sat out on the decking, we went there for dinner the first night and found out they owned the restaurant

they really treated us like an extension of their family, brought out free aperitifs and greek coffee, and ouzo for me while my brother got pink lemonade because he didnt like ouzo (he was 10 at the time, to be fair)

we went for breakfast there a couple times through the week, and got dinner every night

the owner made us a special banquet with just about any greek dish you can imagine, there was just so much food, we were there for 3-4 hours just sipping drinks, eating all the food they kept bringing out and watching the sun go down
yes, they got a large tip at the end of the week, pretty much whatever i had left that didnt need to pay the taxi with
>>
>>7371804
That right there is hospitality. I hope you befriended these people!
>>
>>7370820
this and then some more moussaka
>>
>>7371804
From all the times I've been to Greece I've learned if there's one thing Greeks are good at, it's feeding people and being incredibly hospitable.

Sounds like a real comfy time anon.
>>
eat debts
>>
>>7372033

I have a few good greek bros back home who all have big spits set up in a little garden hut for cooking meat. always a heavy night when I visit them. every time I think I can't eat any more another huge plate of meat arrives.
>>
glossa/ fish, barbunia/red mullet, gavros/fried sardines, gavros, octopus, calamari, fried eggplant, fried zucchini, tirokafteri/feta dip, melizano salata/eggplant dip, tarama/fishegg dip, politiki/coleslow, horta/dandelionsalad? just order it, haloumi, feta saganaki/ fried feta, garides saganaki/gambas with feta and salsa, anything with lamb
>>
>>7370229
Everywhere I went in Greece had amazing Greek salads, coincidentally. Gyros are also great from food stands.

>gryo + Mythos = great lunch
>>
Halal food
>>
Greek cuisine is so overrated it isn't even funny, get a pizza or better yet try to find a McDonalds
>>
>>7372684
careful with that edge, son
>>
>>7372743

edge? Hahaha, no seriously, Greek cooking is too many olives, too much olive oil and those fucking vine leaves. Name anything else that's not made better in other mediterranean countries and beyond.
>>
>>7372838
I mean it's all well and good if you don't like Greek food, but you'd seriously recommend shit like McDonald's over it?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (478 KB, 3000x1686) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
478 KB, 3000x1686
loukoumades

t.greek anon
>>
>>7372838
Greeks are known for cooking lamb and octopus. Probably harder to find good greek food now that the country is fucked though. Best place for greek food is greek area's in other countries.
>>
>>7372033
It's called Xenia. Good to see it still exists in some form there.
>>
File: halloumi.jpg (1 MB, 2906x1930) Image search: [Google]
halloumi.jpg
1 MB, 2906x1930
eat a bunch of halloumi with pita
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.