[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I currently have no molars in my mouth and am. In my second
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
File: dental-implant-problem-1.jpg (17 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
dental-implant-problem-1.jpg
17 KB, 360x240
So I currently have no molars in my mouth and am. In my second week of healing after dental implants. I won the fucking genetic lottery and my adult teeth never had enamel.
For the last week and a half I've been able to drink milk and and water and eat slightly warm soup, yogurt, pudding, mashed potatoes and cottage cheese. This shit sucks. There are a lot of soft sweet things i can eat but I'm having trouble coming up with savory stuff. I can only eat so much peanut butter or mashed potatoes.
Anyone have any recommendations? I currently have six crowned front teeth to work with but that's it.
>>
>>7369548
Man. That sucks.

Porridge
Baba gaboush
Hummus, and all sorts of other dips
Yogurt
Cream cheese
Sour cream, maybe mixed into the mashed potato
>>
>>7369548
Microwaved chesse quesadilla?
Tomato soup?
Mac and cheese?
Mozzarella sticks?
Soggy French Fries?
Calzone?
Chicken and Dumplings?
Ramen Noodles?
Pancakes?
Grilled Cheese?
Spaghetti O's?
>>
File: 1401922280462.jpg (74 KB, 571x587) Image search: [Google]
1401922280462.jpg
74 KB, 571x587
>>7369548
>my adult teeth never had enamel
>>
guac
>>
scrambled eggs
oat/rice/corn porridge
noodles with sauce
some fatty cuts of meat if tenderized
add herb to taste
>>
>>7369548

That's a bummer. Good luck with everything. I really liked scrambled eggs when I had surgery in my mouth and couldn't eat much. And creamy soups were OK too.
>>
>>7369548
Pasta in whatever sauces you want.
Eggs.
Noodles.
Rice.
Could you handle minced meats?
Vegetable curries would be easier than those with meat.
Beans and lentils.
Fish.
>>
Chili, hold the beans
>>
sorry bro. i wouldn't wish that toothless at 20 (y/o) on my worst enemy
>>
> ctrl F
> no pizza smoothie
Is this /ck/?
>>
>>7369548
Fugggg, I had to have my jaw wired shut after I got it broken from being hit with a baseball bat in hs. My heart goes out to you. Smoothies, heavy broths, lots of ice cream are all I could gullet down. Towards the end I was so desperate to have something close to food, mom liquefied meals, but the results weren't enjoyable.

Best of luck man. I dropped about 30 lbs so enjoy your diet at least.
>>
The best part is I'm dropping a few pounds. Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll have to try out as much of these as i can.
I was considering hitting up an indian place for saag, not sure how the spice would do on me though.
I'm really craving fruit and veg. I need to go get smoothies or break out my ancient juicer.
>>
>>7369869
good luck dude, just in general. The thought of losing my teeth so early just really bugs me, you deserve some good internet vibes
>>
>>7369548
I know your pain.
Six implants for me; sinus lifts bone grafts.
It gets better.
>>
One of my favorite sick foods is chessy grits with an over-easy egg. I make sure the yolk is still really runny, so when i break it open in the grits it just adds to the delicious creaminess...
>>
Whiskey
>>
When I couldn't eat solids my main meal would be beanless chili and cheese mixed with mashed potatoes. Not gourmet, but it fills you up at least.
>>
>>7369548
Should have brushed your teeth better as a kid, maybe flossed. Nice try blaming it on genetics though.
>>
>>7369548
>I won the fucking genetic lottery and my adult teeth never had enamel.
Hey there birth defect buddy. My teeth do have enamel but it's all pitted and rough. Thanks for reminding me I have to make a dentist's appointment.
>>
>>7371766
meant to add good luck on your recovery
take care
>>
>>7369548
why haven't they got you dentures yet you poor sod?
>>
>>7371897
Not OP, but you know that dental implants are the more expensive alternative, right? You don't get something vaguely resembling teeth, you more or less get fabricated teeth adjusted to your mouth planted into your gums, that function as if they were real teeth (though without any nerves in them, obviously).

I have no experience with them, but I'd say dental implants are generally preferable.
>>
>>7372541
Definitely preferable. Not fun at all to get the mounts drilled into the jawbone, but it's miles better than dentures once it's over.
>>
>>7372568
>get the mounts drilled into the jawbone

Dear christ in heaven
>>
>>7369548
Congee
I always ate it with chicken so I dunno how it would be without
>>
>reading this thread

There is no god. Why is life so full of pain, suffering, and horror?
>>
>>7369904
ditto
>>
File: 1439896420459.jpg (39 KB, 343x481) Image search: [Google]
1439896420459.jpg
39 KB, 343x481
>>7370855
>Adult teeth have no enamel
>brushing your teeth as a kid will fix this
>>
File: 1444479037439.gif (3 MB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
1444479037439.gif
3 MB, 300x252
>>7370855
>>
I used to cut bite size morsels of pizza and tongue fuck it into mush against the roof of my mouth and swallow those bitches when I suffered through toof problems.

Relied on brotein shakes: milk, oats, whey, pb, banana for years it felt like.

Thank you for resurfacing repressed shell shock symptoms.
>>
root bear float
>>
>>7372920
Ditto on the congee, he can probably shred it up enough and mix it in there.

I wish you the best, OP ;_;
>>
I know how bad tooth troubles can be, although not in this severity. I hope the best for you OP, make sure to get a vitamin in you every now and again
>>
Have you tried putting food in a blender?
>>
polenta
>>
grits
>>
>>7369548
>tfw baby teeth had bigger-than-adult roots and wouldn't fall out so had to get almost all of my baby teeth surgically removed in high school and only had front teeth and a few molars for awhile
I know your pain, OP.
>>
>>7372541
Had to get a dental implant for my right central incisor when it cracked in half. Turned out I grind my teeth really hard in my sleep, and so one night I straight up snapped it right through the middle.

It's an interesting feeling, getting the implant. As the other anon said, it's not a fun procedure, but I prefer it a shitload compared to the alternative (which was a sort of one-tooth denture apparatus).

As for the no-nerve thing, there's still some feeling in it, though not to the same degree as real teeth. It gets so that you can't really tell the difference unless you really pay attention to it.

I don't know how it'd be if all my teeth were like that, though.
>>
>>7369548
ive always wished i could pull out all my teeth and get shiny fake adamantium teeth. but i want them to be white. not metal colored. mine are chipped and stained from smoking and coffee and cum. consider your future cyborg teeth having ass lucky
>>
Buy some soylent bro, chewing is for chumps
>>
blend anything you want
>>
jesus christ OP you poor sod

try chinese rice porridge, the rice is cooked down to a mush and you don't need teeth for it

you mentioned you have a blender, you could stick some chicken in there with a bit of soup and blend it down for the flavour before adding it into the congee

you can stir in a raw egg as well

this is old toothless senior level food so you should be able to handle it

good luck have fun with your dental implants
>>
Amelogenesis imperfecta is a bitch. I'm sorry.
>>
>>7375116
soylent should sell to hospitals for patients unable to chew
>>
File: 1444072740198.png (672 KB, 1800x1259) Image search: [Google]
1444072740198.png
672 KB, 1800x1259
>>7369548
Please get a vasectomy immediately to prevent you from spreading your shit genes to the next generation.
>>
I'm sitting here after my fifteenth surgery in two years and I feel sorry for you.

Nestle make nutrient complete liquid diet supplements. I've had to live off those before. Actually, living off of milkshakes isn't the worst thing in the world.
>>
>>7376251
Medical liquid diet formulations have existed for decades. Idiot.
>>
>>7369548
Why did you loose them?
>>
>>7369548
>implants
getting mini implants for dentures or implants for crowns? shit is pricey, i work in a practice and they aint cheap. just got my wisdom teeth out and just been eating shit soup for the past few days. even the soup i had with clams you might have a hard time with.

i really dont know what to suggest, but i do know its irritating to find stuff that works.
>>
>>7376258
>chile virde
We actually call that green chile but okay.
>>
File: 01000.jpg (36 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
01000.jpg
36 KB, 400x300
>>7375116
http://soylentmaker.com/

Fuck soylent and the dumb kids who thought it was a good idea.

Check this out OP.
>>
>>7376251
>what is Ensure
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.