[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should Eggs part of a healthy life style?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 1280px-Raw_egg.jpg (130 KB, 1280x892) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Raw_egg.jpg
130 KB, 1280x892
Are eggs healthy? What does, USDA, FDA, Surgeon General, General Practitioners and certified nutritionist have to say in the matter?
>>
>>7369121
Eggs are the bomb food if there ever was a bomb food. Super loaded with nutrients. Power food.
>>
>>7369134
Not to mention they can be done an endless number of ways
>>
>>7369150
atleast 4 ways per egg
>>
>>7369121
I saw a commercial when I was...eleven, it was about the "incredible, edible egg!" and it convinced me that eggs were a part of american breakfast.

fuck breakfast food. english muffins, eggs of all types, that weird ground sausage, all the butter cakes fried on a skillet with holes or not
>>
>>7369121
no

increase cholesteerol and block your hearteries and you will die.
>>
>>7369121
Depends on the rest of your diet. If you eat 40g+ fiber a day, get 200%+ the RDA of your micros (without supplementation), get your EFAs and in the right ratios etc 3 boiled eggs a day will be healthy. If you eat like shit all the time a McMuffin will only make things worse
>>
>>7369162
Eggs aren't just for breakfast, my narrow minded compadre.
>>
>>7369176

I bet you also believe that milk shouldn't be consumed despite the surgeon General report in 2004 saying the exact opposite.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Never go a day without my bag of eggs
>>
>>7369186

Depends on the day, I often cook all my lean cut meats with olive oil and eat fiber loaded foods like spinach, I also drink soy milk and eat eggs and asparagus.

On a daily basis i will typically have, Two eggs cooked in extra virgin olive oil, With a side of garden pees that have 6 grams of fiber per survive for a total of three servings. Then for Dinner, I'll have Slamon with two servings of extra virgin olive oil with some asparagus and spinach.
>>
>>7369121
They're perfectly fine. Dietary cholesterol doesn't contribute to actual cholesterol issues significantly so there's no reason to cut them out of your diet. Cheap protein and versatile.
>>
I eat five a day with cottage cheese. Sometimes all five for breakfast, sometimes throughout the day~
>>
>>7369203
Don't eggs have omega 3 fatty acids anyways?
>>
>>7369217
Would you eat them with a goat? Would you eat them in a boat?
>>
File: goat-boat.jpg (32 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
goat-boat.jpg
32 KB, 700x467
>>7369225
Yes, both.
>>
>>7369201
That sounds very healthy aside from maybe the soy. 8/10, you enjoy your eggs anon, you've earned them
>>
>>7369232

My thought process behind the soy is for extra minerals and vitamins that works well in conjunction with milk.

It also only has one gram of sugar as well and i try to limit my sugar intake to about 20g or less.

Very easy since i mostly drink 23.7 oz water bottles mostly throughout the day and never drink sugary drinks like soda or fruit juice.

I wish i could reintroduce my fiber carbs back but i'm going low carb until i go to my ideal weight then i'll balance it out so that i'm eating a good amount of everything.
>>
>>7369162
>fuck breakfast food
This. Most breakfast foods are shit. But eggs cooked in non breakfast ways are amazing.
>>
>>7369121
define "healthy" first. for fucks sake..
>>
>>7369188
the surgeon general is a massive fucking corporate shill who will say anything

EGGS ARE FUCKING TERRIBLE.
>>
>>7369245
Someone close to you should haul off and slap your lights out. You sound like such a cringe worthy, insufferable, jerk
>>
>>7369254
How does it feel to be a moron?
>>
>>7369203
So those egg council creeps got to you too huh?!
>>
When I have eggs, I always remember that my grandmother always said I shoulnt eat too many, because of colesterol…

But seems like this was bullshit anyways?!

I eating 1 egg for breakfast everyday a healthy way to get some more protein in my diet?
>>
>>7369201
Are U

A gril???
>>
>>7369392
The current scientific consensus appears to be that dietary cholesterol doesn't have any long-term effect on blood cholesterol.

From the perspective of mainstream nutrition, the only issue with eggs is that they are high in saturated fats, although that is true for all non-fish animal fats. So eggs aren't any better of worse than dairy or non-lean meats.

Even when cholesterol in eggs was still believed to be a health concern, the general advice was that consuming 1 egg a day is acceptable for a healthy person (but not for someone already suffering from a metabolic or heart disorder).
>>
File: 43hgd.png (144 KB, 183x333) Image search: [Google]
43hgd.png
144 KB, 183x333
>>7369189
Lol they're all cracked moron
>>
eggs should not by eaten by the typical, well nourished westerner.
>>
>>7369265
Found the vegan.

The man keeping you down?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.