[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like/ever tried nigerian food? no /pol/ memes pls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: Jollof-2.jpg (129 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
Jollof-2.jpg
129 KB, 800x532
Do you like/ever tried nigerian food? no /pol/ memes pls
>>
i fucking love west african food

the one near me closed and i'm pretty said

loved me some goat stew with plantains and rice
>>
>>7367527

I breathe nigerian food every second, it's okay but overrated.
>>
>>7367535
overrated by?
>>
I've never eaten it. What's a good beginner's meal?
>>
>>7367535
I'm pretty sure most hipsters haven't had any african food besides ethiopian
>>
Ethiopian food is fucking delicious. I haven't had it much at all but when i have it was amazing. The shit was perfectly spiced. They were scared to use spices and seasonings and different cooking methods, unlike fucking America.

Burn please, murica
>>
>>7367551
pic related
>>
I made peanut soup once and it was great, is that nigerian or kenyan?
>>
>>7367571
west african/nigerian
>>
yeah and it was awesome. super hot. gave my mate a horrible stomach ache though. Didn't expect no silverware so I picked everything up with the bread. Hope this was correct.
>>
>>7367527
I ordered Nigerian delivery. When they showed up, they handed me an empty plate.
>>
>>7368245
Nice. Did they give you flies around your eyes too?
>>
I shared a house with a nigerian couple a years ago and something they cooked smelled so bad that I ended up moving. Permeated the building and actually made me gag. No idea what it was but they were boiling something in a big pan.

Also found a plastic bag full of giant snails in the kitchen once.
>>
does anyone have a good suya recipe? i really want to make it for someone
>>
>>7367527
>/pol/ memes
This is 4 fucking chan, you moron.
>>
It looks pretty good but I've never seen a place that serves it.
>>
>>7368261
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ-Ulm5wOUQ

Suya recipe for you!
>>
>>7368266
>4 fucking chan
hello r.eddit
>>
Anybody been to africa and sat in some cafes and restaurants?

Have you also made the experience that the waiters are really taking their time compared to western speeds?
>>
>>7368326
They're lazy niggers.
>>
>>7368337
which cuntry were you in?
>>
>>7367527
have nigerians even tried nigerian food
>>
>>7368399
from what i heard nigeria is kinda fat desu. at least the rich are
>>
>>7368305
thank you anon! have a nice weekend
>>
File: spurdocopter.gif (13 KB, 250x194) Image search: [Google]
spurdocopter.gif
13 KB, 250x194
I always wonder why the African immigrants here never get into restaurant businesses. It's not like they have competition in their own field, and every single new field of cuisine always draws plenty curious people.

One thing ethnic places tend to need to do here to succeed is to hire young local women for waitstaff. The average Finn is going to be slightly perturbed by the mere presence of an ethnicky type in the same room.
>>
>>7368751
Most people don't want to eat disease ridden nigger food though
>>
>>7367571
Bolivian also
>>
>>7368765
So we're not going to have any discussion, just deep south republican catchphrase throwing? When these people actually even do BBQ way better than you hillbillies, whom only learned even that bit of cuisine by appropriating it from black pitmasters?
>>
>>7368779
This post is the laziest bait I seen today on /ck/.
>>
>>7368751
also white managers and mexican cooks who will show up to work.
>>
>>7368788
We don't have Mexicans here. Nor do we particularily need them, as we do not do the whole "import illegal slave trade to work in illegal conditions, under the minimum wage and without any human righs"-thing here.
>>
>>7368828

so arabs instead or something
>>
I work with a nigerian guy and the food is alright, nothing to go crazy about but definitely would eat it if in front of me. Soooo many plantains
>>
>>7368849
Nah. Arabs have their own restaurants.

You're just bending over backwards to find ways of berating and dehumanizing people whom you do not even know, for reasons of them being black.
>>
>>7368751
>I always wonder why the African immigrants here never get into restaurant businesses.

Sub-Saharan nigAfrica is a sanitation nightmare, and I wouldn't want to eat anything the fuckers had to offer outside of starvation reasons. Just because you move out of nigAfrica doesn't mean you leave shitty nigAfrican practices behind.

Sub-Saharan nigAfrica is known for their affinity for bush meat. I could see the fuckers trying to use road-kill in their recipes.
>>
>>7368873
So you're going to answer >>7368751 any time now instead of responding to waitstaff jokes I'm assuming.
>>
>>7368326
Supposedly, taking your time and doing things whenever the hell you please is a cultural norm in a lot of places in Africa. Native South Africans don't even have a word equivalent to 'promise.' The concept of a promise is nonexistent. To them it's maybe I will, maybe I won't.
>>
File: 1432448113047.jpg (49 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1432448113047.jpg
49 KB, 640x480
>>7368765
>>7368890
>no /pol/ memes
>>
>>7368751
>I always wonder why the African immigrants here never get into restaurant businesses.

Can’t say what Africans do around here, but the only native Black-American family businesses in metro Detroit are hair salons.

I remember reading an article in the Detroit Free Press where they pointed out that every immigrant group in Detroit starts out with small family businesses in the 1st generation, like restaurants and such, with the 2nd and 3rd generation using that as a kinda stepping stone to move up in American society with for example, Arabs owning literally every party store for miles around but Black-Americans abandoned the family business with the advent of LBJ’s “Great Society”.
>>
>>7367558
lol
>>
>>7367571
gambian
>>
I went to a Nigerian restaurant in Brooklyn about a year ago. I was always keen on exotic cuisines and new flavors, but that visit may have been a little bit too much. I had fresh ginger juice (idk what I thought I would get, it was literally a drink of grated ginger), which was very spicy. Then I had giant west African snails as an appetizer; I remember they were kinda tough, rubbery and flavorless, nothing like the French escargot. Then I had goat stewed in spicy tomato sauce, which was pretty good, but it was served with these two other weird sauces, both of which smelled really bad and tasted like a cross between smoked leaves and dried fishy, didn't go well with the goat at all. My companion had fried Nigerian donuts (which were good) and some type of strange slimy stew that looked unsettling, and smelled like dried fish also. The service took forever. The meal and the experience was a little bit too "authentic" for me so not doing Nigerian food anytime soon. Wanna try joloff rice though.
>>
>>7370019
That was not a funny joke. Try harder next time.
>>
>>7367552
>>7367554
lel

there's one of those hipsters right after the first post
>>
>>7370019
>>7370027
I've a nigerian room mate and that sounds pretty much spot on. All his cooking smells fucking bad, tastes quite bland and is overall not exactly appetizing.
>>
File: moinmoinNew9.jpg (63 KB, 450x554) Image search: [Google]
moinmoinNew9.jpg
63 KB, 450x554
>>7367527
Moin moin is delicious.
>>
>>7368952
OR the lack of a word for promise means that every agreement is binding
>>
>>7367554
They werent* i mean
>>
What are some entry-level Nigerian dishes?
>>
>>7370467
Cockroaches and penis.
>>
my dads indentical twins wife is from Ghana. she can cook good food but I have no clue if anything is authentic Ghanian or not
>>
>>7370921
hahaha
xD

PENIS!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>7370429
If that were the case then you'd think they would get some shit done. But they don't because they're a bunch of lazy maggots.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.