[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I enjoy Cognac?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 165169541.jpg (109 KB, 1049x902) Image search: [Google]
165169541.jpg
109 KB, 1049x902
How do I enjoy Cognac?
>>
First you wait until the religious police aren't available to catch you. One way to do this is to be rich as hell and live in your own private compound, or at least a very large house. Bribery is another option. Or, the all-time favorite: wait until you are traveling outside the country, then you can let loose with all the booze, hookers, and drugs you want.
>>
>>7366377
You drink it.
>>
>>7366377
Get naked and do a handstand with your legs spread apart. Then have a friend pour it in your asshole.
>>
neat, warmed by your hand.

occasionally add water to release more phenols (flavor molecules).
>>
You need to embrace alcohol more.
>>
>>7366377
Drink lots of different brands and see what you like, don't drink Hennessy. If you really wanna try it a nip will be enough.

I started with peirre ferand ambre and did the 1840 for cocktails.
>>
You don't.
>>
>>7366377
Be at least 65, richly dressed fat man, cigar optional.
>>
>>7366582
What's wrong with Hennessy as a cognac?
>>
>>7367046
No seriously, is there a taste difference between the cognacs to say don't go for Hennessy? Is Remy Martin or Martell that much better?
>>
File: IMAG1261.jpg (2 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1261.jpg
2 MB, 1520x2688
>>7367076
I prefer Remy to Hennessey a lot personally. Hennessey is VS and Remy is VSOP though, so it's not an even comparison.

I don't know much about cognac but I've been enjoying this bottle of pic related.
>>
>>7366377
Via buttchugging.
>>
File: XO_poured.jpg (239 KB, 850x650) Image search: [Google]
XO_poured.jpg
239 KB, 850x650
>>7367076
There is nothing terribly wrong with Hennessy VS compared to other VS cognacs from, say, Remy Martin or Courvoisier. They're all kind of underwhelming and tend to be a bit harsh. The VSOP cognacs from the major brands are all pretty nice, just overpriced compared to some lesser known options. For example Francois De Lyon VSOP is great and about $10-20 cheaper than Hennessy VSOP. As far as XO cognacs go, most of them are not at all worth the retarded jump in price.

Just get a bunch of minis and sample them.
>>
>>7367103

Remy and Hennessy (like pretty much every cognac producer) put out VS, VSOP and XO bottlings. The abbreviations indicate the minimum age of eau de vie allowed in the blend. VS is the youngest, XO the oldest and VSOP in the middle.

I would strongly recommend Hennessy Privelege, Courvossier Napoleon, and Martel Cordon Bleu as "starter" cognacs. They are all under $100 USD per bottle and very, very good. Cordon Bleu is a personal favorite of mine and easy to find at any reputable bar, restaurant or bottle shop.
>>
>>7367351
I love French chicken dishes too!
>>
>>7366377
mashed potatoes
>>
>>7367351
Isn't Martel Cordon Blue expensive as fuck?
>>
>>7366582
The Pierre Ferrand orange curacao (cognac blended with orange liqueur) is really good, so I'd imagine their cognac is as well.
>>
>>7367467
It's about $100 but tastes as good or better than stuff that's twice the price
>>
>>7367025
Hennessy, along with the other 'major' brands like Remy Martin and Courvoisier, tend to be a little less interesting and quite a lot more expensive than cognac from houses that are a little less known. Not trying to be a hipster, it's just the way it goes with pretty much anything. There's nothing 'wrong' with them per se but you could get noticeably nicer cognac for less money.

Also, OP, don't overlook Armagnac. Fairly similar to cognac, even a little better imo (a little less elegant and a little more boldly flavored due to being single distilled rather than double distilled, and distilled in a different type of still- think less floral and spice and more fruit, vanilla, and even earth/smoky flavors with age)- and it's often WAY cheaper. If you go for it try to look for vintage-dated armagnac. I'm personally a big fan of Darroze or Baron de Sigognac.
>>
>>7366377
put it in your butt
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.